Need Uptown Recs

SA_Horn

Still need to know whether OP wants her to go to SMU or doesn’t.  Some of the recs here would likely dissuade her more than persuade her.  Don’t get me wrong, most are great for various reasons, but if I’m trying to persuade a high school senior girl, several don’t fit that mold.

If you’re trying to get a feel for dallas I would explore more than uptown. Most SMU kids don’t even come down here anymore.

Dallas Farmers Market

Deep Ellum

lower greenville/SMU Boulevard

walk through campus and head over to snider Plaza (Kuby’s, Diggs Taco, Bandito’s)

Bishop Arts

White rock lake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not really uptown but don’t feel like making a new thread. Familia is coming up for a ceremony at UTSW. Doesn’t get out until 9ish. Any good places open for dinner close by? Nothing crazy nice but you know, decent.

Ferris Wheelers (BBQ), Rodeo Goat (burgers) on the cheap/casual side, Meddlesome Moth (a little higher-end gastro-pub fare), Social Pie or Pie Tap (pizza places), El Bolero (pretty good little interior Mexican), Avila's or Herrera's (Tex-Mex) and Sprezza (higher-end Italian) are within spitting distance. The Mockingbird is Jack Perkins' new elevated comfort diner. Very good. It's right across from the entrance to Love Field.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Ferris Wheelers (BBQ), Rodeo Goat (burgers) on the cheap/casual side, Meddlesome Moth (a little higher-end gastro-pub fare), Social Pie or Pie Tap (pizza places), El Bolero (pretty good little interior Mexican), Avila's or Herrera's (Tex-Mex) and Sprezza (higher-end Italian) are within spitting distance. The Mockingbird is Jack Perkins' new elevated comfort diner. Very good. It's right across from the entrance to Love Field.

All great recs but dude, you missed the best one by far.  The Charles.  Best new restaurant in Dallas in a while.  It’s across the street from Pie Tap and El Bolero.  Not sure if I know exactly what “nothing crazy but you know decent” means but this place is really really good italian, not pretentious at all...and not cheap but certainly not expensive.  Food and experience way better than decent.  Price way better than crazy.

11 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

All great recs but dude, you missed the best one by far.  The Charles.  Best new restaurant in Dallas in a while.  It’s across the street from Pie Tap and El Bolero.  Not sure if I know exactly what “nothing crazy but you know decent” means but this place is really really good italian, not pretentious at all...and not cheap but certainly not expensive.  Food and experience way better than decent.  Price way better than crazy.

Ha! Haven't been there yet though I saw you raving about it on the Eye-talian thread. Didn't know exactly where it was either.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...