Texas opens as a 42 point favorite v UTEP

TexasMan

7 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Like somebody said earlier, "U Take-Em Points." Clearly, we can cover; Herman just won't. He'll lay it off on, "Well, we have to get the younger guys some PT. With this covid thing, you never know when you'll have to play 'em." Then, if pressed, he'll have more explanatory coach-speak. But the truth is, running it up's just not in his DNA.

Our backups should be able to run it up on UTEP. 

10 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

Just saw this game is on LHN...phuck....haven’t had to worry about LHN since I had season Tix...passed on them this year.  I’m a cord cutter, so how in the world do we watch this game...can’t go to a damn bar. 

I'm predicting bars will be allowed to reopen next week (i.e. after Labor Day).

33 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Like somebody said earlier, "U Take-Em Points." Clearly, we can cover; Herman just won't. He'll lay it off on, "Well, we have to get the younger guys some PT. With this covid thing, you never know when you'll have to play 'em." Then, if pressed, he'll have more explanatory coach-speak. But the truth is, running it up's just not in his DNA.

Herman against the spread versus non P-5 opponents at Texas: 3-1, including beating SJSU 56-0, but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

It’s UTEP.  As somebody else mentioned, if our backups aren’t running it up on them, we have a problem.  Herman can be as conservative a he wants to be in second half, our players are still going to score and UTEP isn’t going to be scoring.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:13 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Whoever is back up QB better play the entire 4th, and hopefully half the 3rd.  In fact if Sam doesn't play one series in the 3rd then sit I'll be pissed. All I'm saying.  

Agreed. Casey Thompson should get plenty of playing time against UTEP. Wouldn't be surprised in the 4th if they also give some rotations to Hudson Card and Ja'Quinden Jackson.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Every offense has been a cluster today im

not seeing 43 

Yeah, SMU struggling with Texas State last weekend was our first sign. Offenses are just not in sync yet due to the interrupted offseason. Hopefully for us, a scrimmage against UTEP and then 2 more weeks to practice before Tech will help get our offense on track.