Fletcher's at Golden Chick

DallasHorn26

PSA

Golden Chick to Serve Fletcher’s Original Corny Dogs

Golden Chick corn dog.

GOLDEN CHICK
Fletcher’s sells an average of 500,000 Corny Dogs during the annual fair season.

Beginning Tuesday, September 1, through Sunday, October 25, Golden Chick will be serving the Fletcher’s Original Corny Dogs at 187 of its restaurants throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. The limited-time offer will not be available at Golden Chick locations in Florida or South Carolina.

“Like many others, we were disappointed to hear that the State Fair was cancelled and after the year we’ve had we could all use a little comfort food,” says Jim Stevens, president of Golden Chick. “While we serve Original Golden Tenders, Fletcher’s is the creator of the Original Corny Dog, and what better way to make the two widely accessible than to serve them both at our restaurants and in our drive-thrus. We each have a presence at the annual State Fair of Texas and over 50 years of service in the Lone Star State - the partnership makes perfect sense.”

Fletcher’s sells an average of 500,000 Corny Dogs during the annual fair season. When the news broke that the state fair would be cancelled, the Fletcher’s team wheeled out their catering trucks to create pop-ups throughout North Texas to keep the tradition alive. Now with its partnership with Golden Chick, the excitement does not stop there.

"Fletcher's Original Corny Dogs at the State Fair of Texas has been a time-honored tradition for millions of Texans since 1942,” adds Aaron Fletcher on behalf of the Fletcher family. “When the news of its cancellation for 2020 hit, we knew that something had to be done to reach the hundreds of thousands of fans that would be disappointed they couldn’t get their hands on this time-honored favorite. We couldn't be more excited to team up with Golden Chick to bring our world-famous Original Corny Dogs to not just DFW, but all of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana!"

Golden Chick has always dedicated its attention to performance, committing to speed, cleanliness and overall quality for its guests. Throughout the partnership, Golden Chick will be hosting socially distanced community events and give back initiatives.

“Our team has been working alongside Fletcher’s to ensure we are providing the same hand-battered, made to order product that would have been offered at the State Fair of Texas,” says J. Sullivan, Golden Chick’s executive chef. “Trust me when I say that Fletcher’s Original Corny Dogs pair well with your Golden Chick favorites. This is a delicious collaboration and there is even more in store.”

The Original Corny Dog is available at a price of $5 and as a combo with golden fries and a drink for $7.99.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This is very good news, assuming they're actually hand battered and fried. The one in the pic looks like a frozen one cooked in an oven. 

Fletcher says she “feels so comfortable” with Golden Chick making Fletcher’s food. And although Golden Chick employees will be frying corny dogs themselves, the corny dog batter recipe remains a secret.

“We know nothing,” Stevens says.

Golden Chick is purchasing batter and hot dog meat from Fletchers’ supplier, with the intention that Fletcher’s corny dogs will taste and look just as they do at the fair.

“We want people to come through every restaurant and say, ’That’s exactly what I got at the State Fair.’ It means a lot to us to make sure we’re authentic to the whole process,” Stevens says.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/09/01/for-the-first-time-fletchers-will-sell-corny-dogs-at-fast-food-restaurants-in-texas-louisiana-and-oklahoma

10 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They said something covid related.  Something shut down in the supply chain.  I was too upset to pay attention.

That is inexcusable, outrageous, unforgiveable!

Also....does that shit come from China or something?*

* I've noticed a lot of things that are typically "made in China" are missing from store shelves -- lots of fishing gear I use and resupply, etc., for example.  If this crisis is hitting our supply of zingy spiciness, we're in serious damned trouble.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Anyone else remember the old Fletcher's drive through locations? 

There was one on Greenville that I went to a couple of times to scratch the itch.  They worked, but I guess the majority view on corn dogs isn't favorable on a year-round basis.  My very wealthy cousin was an investor and did not do well.

I suppose if they have the right ingredients, namely the batter, it should be hard to fuck up a Fletcher's (I use this term to denote their exceptionally good product in contrast with the generic corn dog).

And I generally like Golden Chick and its similar, Chicken Express.

However, I see considerable variation in GC locations, part of which I think is their possible overexpansion.  The food is usually pretty good, but service and freshness can vary wildly.  That gives me some qualms about this endeavor.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

There was one on Greenville that I went to a couple of times to scratch the itch.  They worked, but I guess the majority view on corn dogs isn't favorable on a year-round basis.  My very wealthy cousin was an investor and did not do well.

There is/was a corn dog 7 in Houma, LA mall in the before times.

Less than a year later, I have no recollection of what purchase need during business travel brought me to the Houma mall, but I know what I had for lunch that day.

Seems like a very niche market, and Fletcher’s >> CD7

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

However, I see considerable variation in GC locations, part of which I think is their possible overexpansion.  The food is usually pretty good, but service and freshness can vary wildly.  That gives me some qualms about this endeavor.

All of this.  Used to be a Golden Chick at Anderson Mill/183 that overachieved like a motherfucker.  Great fresh chicken, solid service, everything.  Must have had good local managment or some such because it was good enough for me to actually take notice.  Sadly that location closed.  Also the one in Elgin is a piece of shit filled with chud babies.

That being said I want that damn corny dog.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

All of this.  Used to be a Golden Chick at Anderson Mill/183 that overachieved like a motherfucker.  Great fresh chicken, solid service, everything.  Must have had good local managment or some such because it was good enough for me to actually take notice.  Sadly that location closed.  Also the one in Elgin is a piece of shit filled with chud babies.

It's strange to say that the food is still pretty good when it's not that fresh, but their chicken strips are fried so "hard and fast" that they aren't very greasy and the crust stays crisp for a long time, but it's still fairly obvious when it isn't fresh out of the fryer.

There's one on the way home from my in-laws that's busy all the time, and always fresh/cooked to order and always really good.  There are two others in the general vicinity that aren't as busy and not as good.

41 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

i've never had a bad meal at the oak hill one.  i'll definitely try a corny dog and just in case it sucks i'll get a 3 piece with okra and green beans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Five fucking dollars though??  There is no accompanying football game, wax cup Shiner or emaciated Sooner meth heads to add to the ambiance. Yeah, I'm out. 

Yeah, I'm gonna assume that Fletcher's is asking full markup to GC, and GC is putting their own markup on it.

Also, GC's roasted or grilled chicken plate is damned good for healthy food.  I wish they'd get rid of it, because it makes me feel bad when I order the fried-fried.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, EE2B said:

This thread was started 23 hours ago and not one mother fucker has tried one of these yet?

Went today as a test run for game day, and they'll have to iron out a quite few kinks between now and October 10th for me to go back.  Flavor was good, but you can definitely tell they aren't pros at hand dipping them. Also looked like they laid the corn dogs down in the basket and then lowered it into the oil because half of it was mangled and not the right texture or consistency. Then they put it in a box with a couple of mustard packets that became so greasy they were nearly impossible to open. Had to bite the edge of the packet, and I don't care to do that in non-Covid times. Also had the joy of waiting 15 minutes for my food in the drive thru...all in all, not good, Bob.

281 and Stone Oak Pkwy lcoation

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Added location
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2