Class Action Park-America's next viral documentary phenomenon

Parliament

"The park entertained over one million visitors per year during the 1980s, with as many as 12,000 coming on some of the busiest weekends.[3] Park officials said this made the injury and death rate statistically insignificant. Nevertheless, the director of the emergency room at a nearby hospital said they treated from five to ten victims of park accidents on some of the busiest days, and the park eventually bought the township of Vernon extra ambulances to keep up with the volume."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Those sleds(?) in the concrete tracks look awesome.

Alpine slides. There are some that are on metal rails and have brakes.  Those are cool af until you get halfway down and run up on a girl going 1/3 speed and slam into them.

1 minute ago, Saint Austin said:

Was that the former name for the old Wet 'n Wild off LBJ?

Yep.  I had season tickets one year.  Sometime around 1990.  It was awesome, but I spent most of my time playing basketball.  If you use Google Earth and zoom in around the area that is currently a CarMax, one of the parking lots is actually called, "Former White Water parking lot" or something along those lines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  I had season tickets one year.  Sometime around 1990.  It was awesome, but I spent most of my time playing basketball.  If you use Google Earth and zoom in around the area that is currently a CarMax, one of the parking lots is actually called, "Former White Water parking lot" or something along those lines.

White Water in Arlington >>> WW on LBJ

wet n wild sucked in comparison to both.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

For you Dallas area olds, you could find a couple of the water park features in this video at White Water in Garland.  For example, the inner tube ride @ :36 seconds.  There was also a "cliff diving" area.

It was a miracle if you didn't leave White Water without some sort of scrape, cut, or bruise. Even the water slides were bad and would give you cuts on your back. But it was awesome. The pirate ship you could climb on that had the water cannons was great. 

• Hook 'Em 1

An old buddy of mine Seth Porges made that film. I don’t have HBO max so I haven’t seen it yet. I’ve only got regular hbo. Gotta bootleg that shit it’s 100% on rotten tomatoes.

Living in Chicago I heard legends/horror stories of that place. A semi famous post-punk band from there called Shellac named one of their albums “At action park”.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:52 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

For you Dallas area olds, you could find a couple of the water park features in this video at White Water in Garland.  For example, the inner tube ride @ :36 seconds.  There was also a "cliff diving" area.

White Water also had a somewhat padded slide you went down head first on a mat that and had a jump where you caught real air. As a BMX kid, I rode that thing until I was bruised. And that diving area was great, too. I hated when that place closed and we were relegated to the much tamer and regulated Wet n Wild. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Had friends on Long Island as a kid and they used to talk with awe about that place, which they were of course not allowed to go to.  Most of the stories they told sounded like total over the top bullshit at the time.  

Then in college I met some Jersey folks who went several times and they independently confirmed those stories were all true.  Then much later I saw the shit on Youtube and that reconfirmed it 

So jealous.  I would have definitely died there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Whitewater Horn said:

White Water also had a somewhat padded slide you went down head first on a mat that and had a jump where you caught real air. As a BMX kid, I rode that thing until I was bruised. And that diving area was great, too. I hated when that place closed and we were relegated to the much tamer and regulated Wet n Wild. 

Sweet.  I've always wanted to do this...Username checks out.  

The unregulated inner tube slide was my fav.  That last 109 foot or so drop down concrete was the best.

• Hook 'Em 1