25 years ago today...

n64ra

I watched the game in a bar in corpus.  I remember when he took his helmet off a bunch of people saw the dreds for the first time and were a little shocked.  That was only for Jamaican reggae singers back then.  Dude definitely started a trend.

Edited by Not a cat

I watched the game in a bar in corpus.  I remember when he took his helmet off a bunch of people saw the dreds for the first time and were a little shocked.  That was only for Jamaican reggae singers back then.  Dude definitely started a trend.

Definitely was a shocker in the bar I was in. Pre-internet days for sure.

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

I always enjoyed listening on the radio

Same, I remember being so annoyed as a kid the few times a year when the game wasn't on tv but I have good memories of sitting outside with my shitty little radio and listening to those games. Wasn't there also a time when every year one of our early non-conference games would be PPV? 

Also, even when the game was on tv my dad's move up until a few years ago was always to get pissed at the tv commentators about halfway through the 1st qtr, mute the tv broadcast and turn on the radio feed while he watched. Unless Keith Jackson happened to be calling the game Bill Schoening and/or Craig Way were always the preference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Same, I remember being so annoyed as a kid the few times a year when the game wasn't on tv but I have good memories of sitting outside with my shitty little radio and listening to those games. Wasn't there also a time when every year one of our early non-conference games would be PPV? 

Also, even when the game was on tv my dad's move up until a few years ago was always to get pissed at the tv commentators about halfway through the 1st qtr, mute the tv broadcast and turn on the radio feed while he watched. Unless Keith Jackson happened to be calling the game Bill Schoening and/or Craig Way were always the preference. 

Uncle Sonny, PPV is still happening, believe it or not. If memory serves, the 2018 Army-BlowU game was PPV.

Edited by Vito Andolini

Hey, is Mike Pereira an obscure Portuguese TV analyst on a show I've never seen before?  ;)

Damn, that was the year before I transferred to UT, so awesome to see Ricky lighting it up from day one.  I still think back to Ricky, Shon Mitchell, and Priest Holmes all in the same backfield for those two seasons (well, I know Holmes was out in '95, but still).  

Yep, 15 years ago tomorrow...the best Texas football campaign I'll probably ever see in my lifetime begins with a shellacking of LA-Lafayette, 60-3.  

Fun fact according to Bill Little.  2015 Texas is the only FBS/I-A team in history to go 13-0 while only getting to play 5 home games.  

Back to Hawaii...watch Fiebiger, Adams, Neil, and Bishop just absolutely abuse Hawaii on the line during this game.  Man, they were a fun bunch to watch.  

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I still do this. 

4 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I still do this. 

Honestly I probably would too except that I perpetually seem to be streaming games from a random app and probably wouldn't ever be able to get the game and radio feed synced properly. I've already had to train myself not to check twitter or incoming text messages during games.

I left Austin that morning with a few fraternity brothers (one of whom was from Louisiana) to take in LSU-A&M and then we drove back to watch this game which as mentioned was like a 10/11 kick.

Not much else there other than to point out that was when aggy could actually beat SEC bluebloods.

Edited by Surly Bevo

I watched it after a day of dove hunting, but had to do so by myself because my host and fellow hunters all went to Tech so they couldn’t tell me enough how they didn’t give a shit. It was by way of one of those old, big ass C-band satellite dishes. They didn’t cut away for commercials so you could hear the announcers comment on any noteworthy tits as the cameras scanned the crowd 

• Hook 'Em 1