Taco Cabana..No Enchiladas, WTF?

SHOOTER12

I've been reading this thread all week and had a hankering for some TC enchiladas.  Went to the Cedar Park location for lunch and ordered the cheese enchiladas with green sauce.  They gave me ground beef with nacho cheese on top.  It was gross and I felt sick for about twenty minutes after.  I eat at this location regularly and don't have a problem with the food there but these enchiladas were so anemic  and the nacho cheese on top was absolutely gross.  What a disappointing lunch.  

All the talk about Taco Cabana made me want to take a break from the low carb thing and get some Mexican-ish food. Thought about visting Cabana for old times sake, but ended up going to Fajita Kings. I should have stuck with TC.

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, no doubt.  Both Regio and Rico rock in that respect.  But before they were all over the place, TC was the place to get that.

I love those places too, but all the ones within 50 miles closed down years ago.

A few other posters here are like me - privileged to have eaten at the original TC for years in San Antonio at Hildebrand and San Pedro.It was amazing fast food. I cut myself off from most of it by the mid 90’s, but the eggs Mexicana breakfast was still a solid choice for years after that.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

A few other posters here are like me - privileged to have eaten at the original TC for years in San Antonio at Hildebrand and San Pedro.It was amazing fast food. I cut myself off from most of it by the mid 90’s, but the eggs Mexicana breakfast was still a solid choice for years after that.

mom would often bribe me into going to church with the promise of eggs mexicana afterward

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

mom would often bribe me into going to church with the promise of eggs mexicana afterward

They started serving it at midnight or 2 am at the MLK location when I was in school in the early 90’s, maybe everywhere I don’t know. But it was like $2.75 and it was glorious after a night on 6th street. Extra order of tortillas and load up at the salsa bar and I was good for 2 meals.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I've been reading this thread all week and had a hankering for some TC enchiladas.  Went to the Cedar Park location for lunch and ordered the cheese enchiladas with green sauce.  They gave me ground beef with nacho cheese on top.  It was gross and I felt sick for about twenty minutes after.  I eat at this location regularly and don't have a problem with the food there but these enchiladas were so anemic  and the nacho cheese on top was absolutely gross.  What a disappointing lunch.  

Why didn’t you take it back?

Their crispy beef tacos are criminally underrated. Queso and tortillas are always solid. I really wouldn’t suggest ordering anything else unless you have a coupon.  A handful of locations in Houston have inexplicably closed.  

I hope they’re not headed into Arby’s territory. There’s one Arby’s inside the loop in Houston. It’s a head scratcher. 

This thread reminded me of the last time I had TC over a year ago. Nothing left on the menu these days even sounded good so I went with some nachos. As I'm eating them I notice the flavor getting worse and look at them closer and the bottom half of the bowl of nachos is covered in a thick layer of what I suspect is lard/grease from the beans. Took some pictures.🤮

D5FED8A3-779E-445F-84DE-D232748C19FF.thumb.jpeg.468e4eb6bd740960bd99f043b09f9f6a.jpeg85E06047-FD2B-49EC-B003-07C25064F9A1.thumb.jpeg.5d52b588bd01ef3d2690db140ba33159.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I just discovered Flaming Bird chickens from HEB on Uber eats and it is cheap and good.  The fajitas aren’t bad either. 

My only issue with HEB's Flaming Bird is that a whole chicken is substantially smaller than their rotisserie chickens. I guess they found a solution to their parking lot grackle problem. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Covri said:

This thread reminded me of the last time I had TC over a year ago. Nothing left on the menu these days even sounded good so I went with some nachos. As I'm eating them I notice the flavor getting worse and look at them closer and the bottom half of the bowl of nachos is covered in a thick layer of what I suspect is lard/grease from the beans. Took some pictures.🤮

D5FED8A3-779E-445F-84DE-D232748C19FF.thumb.jpeg.468e4eb6bd740960bd99f043b09f9f6a.jpeg85E06047-FD2B-49EC-B003-07C25064F9A1.thumb.jpeg.5d52b588bd01ef3d2690db140ba33159.jpeg

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

• Haha 1