Music you’ve discovered since quarantine

Fondren & Main

came across this channel from 2 Minutes to Late Night where they've co-opted a variety of band members to colloborate on cover songs while in quarantine from their own homes...lots of fun, and some damn good stuff.

here's a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "You Make Loving Fun" featuring Marty Friedman (Megadeath), Bill Kelliher (Mastodon), Joanna Sadonis (Lucifer), Nicke Anderson (Lucifer) and Nicke Jost (Baroness)...Stephen Brodsky (Mutoid Man), Jordan Olds (aka Gwarsenio Hall) and Emily Panic (aka Hard Melissa) also make cameos.

Les Claypool (Primus), Bill Kelliher (Mastodon), Claudio Sanchez (Coheed and Cambria) and Danny Carey (Tool) cover Rush's "Anthem"...

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 8:31 AM, noharleyyet said:

If you ever want to drink straight from the source, head on over here.  That's not  to say this is not badass, because it is.  I love the Black Crows and the Grateful Dead.

• Like 1

Fully aware this is the wrong crowd, but there’s gotta be someone who would appreciate it. Maybe I’m just late to the party, with Dax, but he’s super talented. Everyone remixed this song and he easily did the best version. He’s got some really clever bars that made me have to listen a couple of times to catch everything.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fully aware this is the wrong crowd, but there’s gotta be someone who would appreciate it. Maybe I’m just late to the party, with Dax, but he’s super talented. Everyone remixed this song and he easily did the best version. He’s got some really clever bars that made me have to listen a couple of times to catch everything.

I like this. I'm going to check some of it out.  Kind of reminds of Aesop Rock or Tyler the Creator as if it's the brilliant spew of some out of control mind or like they're rapping from their shrink's couch.  

16 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I like this. I'm going to check some of it out.  Kind of reminds of Aesop Rock or Tyler the Creator as if it's the brilliant spew of some out of control mind or like they're rapping from their shrink's couch.  

He definitely has a unique style, but for this one I think he just wanted to prove to everyone that’s remix’d this song that he’s more talented than them. So many clever lines through the whole song. 

Leon Bridges

Devon Gilfillian

Alexa may be eavesdropping on us constantly, but one thing about her...if you hear a song you like you just tell her to 'play more like this' and a whole world of new (to me) artists just unfolds. it almost feels like cheating lol