VPN inside a work VPN?

So you want to use a personal vpn on your work computer? I would think that's a BIG no-no on company policy.

Technically you should be able to use it. It would depend on if you have administrator rights to install the VPN. It's basically a tunnel (your private vpn) inside another tunnel (work vpn). All of your IP traffic will be obfuscated from your network IT department which should trigger HUGE red flags. But then again it depends on how savvy your internal IT department is. But I know in the three large companies that I worked for, I would get an immediate call from IT and my boss. It's probably a fireable offense.

But if it's your computer, then your company probably doesn't have much say.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hate said:

Just use your damn phone for FF.  Do not under any circumstances use your work laptop for anything other than work.

message received, but i don't want to use my phone to look at a bunch of data and stats, hence the query.  Was trying to be efficient, well OK lazy and not take the 45 seconds to switch out the monitor for my desktop. 

28 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

message received, but i don't want to use my phone to look at a bunch of data and stats, hence the query.  Was trying to be efficient, well OK lazy and not take the 45 seconds to switch out the monitor for my desktop. 

KVM switch, just flip between them

https://www.amazon.com/Computers-Keyboard-Connections-3840x2160-Supported/dp/B07SX1BZGT/ref=zg_bs_13983771_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AV196PAZA0F6BZC10VWY