UEFA Nations League 2020-2021

HenryJames

So nice to see Norway v Austria today. I'm glad Austria won. It was nice to see it on CBS Sports. Too bad those idiots couldn't have shown us more Champions League games, the bastards. A couple really nice games tomorrow; Belgium v Denmark & Portugal v Croatia. France v Sweden might be interesting, but most likely not.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Germany looks completely out of sorts.  No one is on the same page, no apparent tactics, especially in the back.  Low just seems to be throwing players out there and trying to out athlete the other side.  His overhaul looks like a bag of ass so far.  

On 9/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, TXSG8R said:

Germany looks completely out of sorts.  No one is on the same page, no apparent tactics, especially in the back.  Low just seems to be throwing players out there and trying to out athlete the other side.  His overhaul looks like a bag of ass so far.  

That fact that Low hasn't been replaced amazes me. 

19 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That fact that Low hasn't been replaced amazes me. 

If he fucks around and bounces out of this tourney I think he is finally cooked.  Hes getting a lot of rope from the WC, but its looking more and more that Hansi Flick was the real magic in that coaching staff.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

If he fucks around and bounces out of this tourney I think he is finally cooked.  Hes getting a lot of rope from the WC, but its looking more and more that Hansi Flick was the real magic in that coaching staff.  

I will have to ask the German relative soccer players what they are thinking about this. I know they both love the guy at Liverpool, Klopp

Klopp is a great manager as well.  I wasn't suggesting Flick as a replacement for Low, just that Flick was on that 2014 WC staff and that their play has fallen significantly since then.  Low chose to throw some players under the bus after the last WC, and Flick went out and won the treble with two of them.  Muller wound up breaking the assist record in the BuLi this year.  Low talks about a youth movement, but then keeps Kroos around, who is the same age as Muller (30).  How Kroos avoided blame for the disasters in the last few major tournaments is strange.  Low's dismissal of those players, particularly Muller, looks worse and worse by the day.   

In fairness to Low, he was missing some significant pieces (Kimmich, Havertz, Goretzka) in the last two games, but Its not remotely an excuse against a team like Switzerland.  Someone did up the net worth of both squads and the team Germany rolled out was worth triple the amount of the Swiss.  Its not the players, its the tactics and identity.  They just look lost on both ends of the pitch, and I doubt bringing in some of those missing players will really solve that.  There isn't much creativity.  The passing and precision is noticeably bad, which is particularly stinging to Germans.  Low has a deep hole to climb out of.