2020-21 Winter weather; bring it on

Parliament

13 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

The shit happening on Sunday? 

I'm not a meteorologist, but the current National Weather Service forecast for the Dallas area shows a 40 percent chance of snow during the day on Saturday, increasing to a 70 percent chance of snow during Saturday night. They show a 20 to 40 percent chance of snow for the Dallas area during Sunday and Sunday night.

This is from KHOU 11 Meteorologist Blake Mathews

“Not often you see the NWS office in Houston mention "heavy snow" or "convective snow banding" in their area discussion. If we get convective snow banding (bright banding), we could see some areas with significantly more snow than 3 inches. STAY TUNED!”

The 16 year old’s excitement brought me to this thread. Weather app says 100% chance of snow at noon tomorrow, between Buda and Driftwood. With 37F surface temp.

For her sake, there better be flurries. Big, fat snowflakes to catch on the tongue, is that too much to ask? 

Would enjoy the pup’s reaction to that, too.

Add cynicism to the sucks to be old column.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Freeze and frost warnings in Florida

Winter storm warnings, watched and advisories for most of texas

Dense Fog advisory for North Dakota and Minnesota

6e05971a91ac8184d711b843c4aafa0d.jpg

"On Saturday, high's in the low 50's with temps dropping overnight to high 30's. On Sunday, 90% chance of a giant pink buttplug over west and central Texas, with the tip reaching some areas of east Texas."

18 hours ago, Orange&White said:

PhD....have you decided where you will draw the snow/no snow line?

I'm near the Pennybacker bridge and the gf’s kids are setting themselves up for disappoint expecting 8” due to overzealous news weather people.

Models have it almost literally running down Ben White.  So the westbound lanes will get 3 feet and the eastbound lanes will be hot and sunny.

Otherwise, this is really hard to pinpoint.  My drinking half a pint of Jim Beam/then flipping a coin prediction is that most of the Austin area will see whitish lawns.  Streets will be wet, but not snowy.  Watch for icing up for sure after dark tonight and esp. into early morning tomorrow.  But not a widespread halt to life on the roads.

That's as good as I can do.

foto-485x325.jpg

and now we wait...

• Hook 'Em 1

This may have been the hardest I’ve seen it snow here since the ‘07 “Easter Blizzard” where we got 8 inches of snow officially but it snowed non-stop for 20 hours the day and it was 70 degrees the days before.  

these flakes are massive, and it’s starting to stick to the grass and stuff already 

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

This may have been the hardest I’ve seen it snow here since the ‘07 “Easter Blizzard” where we got 8 inches of snow officially but it snowed non-stop for 20 hours the day and it was 70 degrees the days before.  

these flakes are massive, and it’s starting to stick to the grass and stuff already 

Oh man...I was scheduled for a business trip to Nashville then, right when that was getting ugly.  Had some naïve dedication to the job, barely made it to the airport and was like 1 of 10 people total on that flight.  When I got back my boss was like ‘wtf did you even try to catch that plane’.  

Could have spent 3 days at home with my girlfriend at the time, toking it up and watching tv...we broke up shortly afterwards, which in hindsight was absolutely the right thing, so catching that plane probably accelerated the inevitable anyways.