2020-21 Winter weather; bring it on

Parliament

12 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Ya were melting snow in the master shower to flush the toilet and boiling the snow for the dogs to drink. We only had about 200oz of water when we lost water. Wife doesn’t want to let the dogs drink the snow.

Lol. People often forget dogs are dogs they will eat poop if given the chance or raw chicken that sat out for a day and be fine.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Ignorant cuntwaffle neighbor on hour 96 of keeping these lights on. Even during the day they stay on. Any creative remedies for this jort wearing puddle of zebra jizz?

0624D12D-0B60-43DC-8128-4373D0D07DE2.jpeg

Do you have a real gun?  Take out the lights and maybe put one or two through a window if you can see well enough to not hit anyone inside, to make sure the point is taken. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Apparently my power outage IS NOT due to grid choices but a real mechanical issue. Trucks are on our street now but they're having trouble getting us started again. Man I hope they get it figured out!!

Won't post the detailed forecast since I can't type on a computer will do so with power comes on, but for now just know that the storm coming up tonight and tomorrow is going to hit Southwest of Austin probably worse than us, although at this point doesn't really matter?

Two to four inches forecast for down there Gillespie and counties south of that. Austin about 1 to 2 in, north of that 0 to 1.

Then we're done with this shit. Fuck snow and sleet and cold.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Pimphand said:

You ain't gonna want to flush the toilet with those beers 🤣

Collect melted snow. Use it. 

Some power over the last few days. 15-30 mins every 5-6 hours. Enough to keep the house above 45. have blankets, dogs and GF who is scared of the cold. We have been fine. Light the grill every evening and make dinner. Make a beer run when the roads are ok. When the power comes on, we make coffee and boil water for tea. 

in San Marcos. If anyone needs anything just shout. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

another 14(and counting) hour "rolling blackout" for electricity with across the street having full power.  8 hours with no water.  yeah could be worse but this is fucking bullshit.

the generator is the only thing keeping me sane.  I feel for the folks who have had 3 or 4 days with no electricity at all.

I’m in Bulverde and have not lost power at all. On a well, dripping faucets for 5 days and can still take showers. My friend a half mile away was without power for 18 hours. Sat in line for an hour to refill a tank for her RV her friend lives in. Don’t understand why I have been totally unaffected by this when so many others have. Something is fucked up. At least the fuckin liquor store was open today so I could replenish my Jameson. I kinda feel dirty.

On the one hand, good that the water treatment thing is due to power loss - they will prioritize that and get it back up quick.

On the other hand, if they fuck around and find out, and things start freezing up, world of shit and all of that.

But it's only in the upper 20s, so hopefully they've got some time before that happens.

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Oh yeah! Him. I love that guy.

well, it's not like he's a 2020 Pro Bowl safety and member of DBU who played four years at Texas, following in the footsteps of his older brother who himself was a Longhorn All American and top 10 draft pick who went on to enjoy an 11 year NFL career which saw him named 1st Team All-Pro along the way. nobody recognizable like that.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

well, it's not like he's a 2020 Pro Bowl safety and member of DBU who played four years at Texas, following in the footsteps of his older brother who himself was a Longhorn All American and top 10 draft pick who went on to enjoy an 11 year NFL career which saw him named 1st Team All-Pro along the way. nobody recognizable like that.

Pepper Johnson?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Great. Busted copper pipe in the attic. Was to the outside spigot that I didn’t drain when I turned off the water. Had foam around it and some blown insulation too and still burst. Cut the drywall and have a guy coming tomorrow.

so if I cut off the water(my water went out 8 hours ago) I should open up all the outside spigots along with internal faucets?  I've been team no drip and no check since Saturday.

I don't have power to heat them up if they are frozen.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

That doesn't make him recognizable. There are a looooot of football players that I wouldn't recognize - Longhorns included. Just the nature of the sport. 

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Sounds like .723 rounds hitting from the icescicles hitting the ice covered snow. 

Another 3 round burst and I may start shooting back.

Yeah, we've got a constant drip-drip-drip from the icicles/snow on the roof melting.  I'm relieved as hell that our house is putting out enough heat that snow and ice on the roof, and within a foot or two of the foundation are melting away.  It's not as cold as the previous nights, so maybe a lot of folks who made it this far without pipe problems can keep it up.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

So if one was say midway through disposing of the parts of a neighbor they didn't eat, and said person can't get that stuff completely washed down into the sewer, there's going to be a stench soon, right?

Asking for a friend who needs to be out collecting snow to melt.

Just ship it to the Texas State body farm. 

so if I cut off the water(my water went out 8 hours ago) I should open up all the outside spigots along with internal faucets?  I've been team no drip and no check since Saturday.
I just did this. Wasn't going to open the outside spigots, but didn't want to regret it later. Pain in the ass unwrapping everything in the freezing ass cold though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had filled a bathtub before we lost power so we've been using that for toilets.  I had my son gather up snow from the trampoline into some coolers which I dumped into the bathtub as well.  We will be able flush for a while.  I used another cooler to gather rain water today.  I boil that and use it to wash dishes.  I have a bunch of bottled water to use for drinking, brushing teeth, and rinsing vegetables.  After reading some of these other experiences I should consider myself lucky.  Of course, I fully expect the pipe and wall repairs to take a couple of months since every single contractor is about to be swamped. 

3 minutes ago, Okie State said:
43 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I just did this. Wasn't going to open the outside spigots, but didn't want to regret it later. Pain in the ass unwrapping everything in the freezing ass cold though.

thanks.  I guess I should do it but if they are frozen does it matter?  did you do anything with your water heater(I have gas)?

did you rewrap them?