Tell me about Florida State

Parliament

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23221628/tallahassee-police-raid-apartment-florida-state-seminoles-quarterback-deondre-francois-no-arrest-made

Tallahassee police conducted surveillance on Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois for two months, operating on a tip that he was selling marijuana, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

A raid of the player's apartment on Thursday yielded less than an ounce of marijuana. Francois, who is recuperating from a torn patellar tendon in his left knee, was not arrested. He was cited with misdemeanor possession and given the chance to enter a pre-trial diversion program and pay a fine.

Edited by Parliament
  • Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Connelly preview: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-team-previews-2018

There was a strange symmetry in Fisher’s last year, which produced an almost identical résumé as Bowden’s (both were 7-6 and between 41st and 43rd in S&P+).

There could also be symmetry in how the next season goes. In 2010, Fisher inherited a young but discombobulated two-deep, brought a few new influences, refocused the core, and surged to 10 wins and a No. 11 S&P+ ranking. That feels a little bit ambitious, but top-20 and eight or nine wins? I could see it.

The biggest obstacle is the schedule. S&P+ projects FSU 18th, but the Noles will face three teams projected 13th or better and eight projected 37th or better. There are about three or four baked-in wins (depending on what you think Florida is capable of) and an otherwise brutal schedule.

Still, you have to like where this is headed. Taggart brings all the energy that the program lacked, his staff is exciting, and early returns suggest recruiting is going to go just fine. FSU should be fun again, even if there are some fits and starts.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, The Tower said:

They really don't like a guy named Jimbo. 

Tell me about Florida State - 

Didn’t seem like like they were trying very hard to keep the greatest college football coach in all the land and one of only a handful of coaches capable of winning a national championship- for some reason.

I get the "Tell me about..." threads for schools in the Big12 (or formerly in the Big12), but this one is a little puzzling.  Is it because FSU was rumored to be leaving the ACC for the Big12 back in 2011?  If there's going to be a thread for every school that has a player selling hippie lettuce there won't be room for much else.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

owning, like scoreboard? Penn State beat them in the Orange Bowl towards the end of Bobby Bowden's long descent, otherwise they've pretty much trounced the noteworthy Big Ten programs head to head

Ahh... Ok...

23 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

the one on the right* smells like sex and fried food

*looking at the video, meaning the right side of the screen on my crusty old monitor

Why not both..? Everyone wins... #ParticipationTrophyWife..?

On 8/9/2018 at 1:03 PM, kopp0e said:

Somethin about Seminole chicks and nice guys...

That video nicely sums up fsu...  douchebag party school...   I had friends who went there just for the girl/guy ratio.  Girls are hot, hot and vapid, guys are like extras from Idiocracy.

• Like 2

That video nicely sums up fsu...  douchebag party school...   I had friends who went there just for the girl/guy ratio.  Girls are hot, hot and vapid, guys are like extras from Idiocracy.

I’ll be showing my future son that video before I send him off to school with these words:

“Douchebaggery is a tool in your tool chest. If you’re just looking to hook up, pull it out every time and then strap on a rubber cause that’s what these girls want.”

45 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

I’ll be showing my future son that video before I send him off to school with these words:

“Douchebaggery is a tool in your tool chest. If you’re just looking to hook up, pull it out every time and then strap on a rubber cause that’s what these girls want.”

Good points..! If in fact, Florida State is of interest, there should be plenty of time to use the tools of the trade in the region in great scenery...