Tell me about Florida State

Parliament

On 8/11/2018 at 9:31 AM, Loco said:

That video nicely sums up fsu...  douchebag party school...   I had friends who went there just for the girl/guy ratio.  Girls are hot, hot and vapid, guys are like extras from Idiocracy.

Still, Texas State >>> Florida State.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I get the "Tell me about..." threads for schools in the Big12 (or formerly in the Big12), but this one is a little puzzling.  Is it because FSU was rumored to be leaving the ACC for the Big12 back in 2011?  If there's going to be a thread for every school that has a player selling hippie lettuce there won't be room for much else.
Jealous aggy boy?
  • Like 1

For all you yabos that think FSU is the aggie school in Florida, it ain't. There is an aggie school in Talahassee FAMU. In Florida the main aggie school is Florida.

FSU started out as a girls school or some shit and there is a clown college on campus across from their baseball stadium.

Talahassee does have Whataburger, the bastards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814846-former-oregon-ol-doug-brenner-sues-willie-taggart-ncaa-school-for-115m

Former Oregon offensive lineman Doug Brenner is seeking $11.5 million in damages in a lawsuit levied against the NCAA, the University of Oregon, former head coach Willie Taggart and former strength coach Irele Oderinde, according to James Crepea of The Oregonian.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess Florida State hired him too quick. I think he's a good football coach because people who know the sport better than I do have vouched for him (Harbaugh), but who really knows? What did he do before he got the FSU job? He took WKU from 2-10 in his first year to consecutive 7-5 seasons. He took USF from 2-10 in his first year there steadily up to 11-2 and a division co-"championship". At that point he looked like he could build programs, but honestly anyone who hired him was just guessing. He spent practically his whole career @ WKU other than coaching frigging running backs at Stanford for three years. At least Strong and Herman (or a guy like Gene Chizik) were top-tier coordinators who won national championships. 

I don't really blame him entirely for FSU's situation given how badly Jimbo Fisher shipwrecked things, and if he really is a builder, then maybe they should try letting him build for a few years, but damn. It looks more like Oregon reached on him, and then Florida State doubled down on Oregon reaching for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...