Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

It’s happened so many times over the last several years thought it deserves its own thread. Plus the story is all over Facebook which is driving all the Trumpkins crazy trying to defend it. 

Today’s news is only the latest example. Russian bounties, McCains a loser for getting captured, etc. etc. Shutting down now Stars and Stripes. What’s now forgotten? What’s next? 

30 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Russian bounties

Uncorroborated story amplified by certain individuals in the intelligence community to undermine efforts to withdrawal our troops from Afghanistan, because that's how we show the troops that we really do love them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Uncorroborated story amplified by certain individuals in the intelligence community to undermine efforts to withdrawal our troops from Afghanistan, because that's how we show the troops that we really do love them.

And you know this how? 

Im going with the trump doesn’t believe it so it’s obviously true maxim. 

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol Anastasis.  Anyway, I'm starting to see snippets from the Atlantic article trickle out and holy shit.  It's so bad.  He literally is the worst human being.  Not worst president.  Worst human being.

It’s pretty much the worst article I’ve ever read that didn’t involve people being killed or some serial child molester. Trump only bothered to deny it after it was published and like the good media troll he is, sensed the backlash. He and the White House refused to comment before it was published. Which just shows how incompetent they all are. 

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol Anastasis.  Anyway, I'm starting to see snippets from the Atlantic article trickle out and holy shit.  It's so bad.  He literally is the worst human being.  Not worst president.  Worst human being.

Trump is a piece of shit. But if we want to talk about really caring for the men and women who serve our country, a few things that we should do:

1. Invest in making the VA one of the best health care systems in the world, in particular by focusing on the mental health care needs of our soldiers returning home.

2. Scale down our international military deployment substantially, ending our decades old engagement in Afghanistan in particular. 

3. As we scale down our military forces, both in terms of head count and financial investment, retrain our soldiers as necessary to enter the world with marketable trades and skill set. Consider redeploying these resources to address domestic needs such as infrastructure.      

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

With any other president, or any other politician, or really any other American, we would read that article and say "noooooo--there's no way he would say that.  Even if he thought it--and I don't think he would--he wouldn't say it."

With Trump, we're all just like, "yeah--that tracks."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, while we're on the subject of America's spineless elite: 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/trumps-collaborators/612250/

In the United States of America, it is hard to imagine how fear could be a motivation for anybody. There are no mass murders of the regime’s political enemies, and there never have been. Political opposition is legal; free press and free speech are guaranteed in the Constitution. And yet even in one of the world’s oldest and most stable democracies, fear is a motive. The same former administration official who observed the importance of apocalyptic Christianity in Trump’s Washington also told me, with grim disgust, that “they are all scared.”

They are scared not of prison, the official said, but of being attacked by Trump on Twitter. They are scared he will make up a nickname for them. They are scared that they will be mocked, or embarrassed, like Mitt Romney has been. They are scared of losing their social circles, of being disinvited to parties. They are scared that their friends and supporters, and especially their donors, will desert them. John Bolton has his own super PAC and a lot of plans for how he wants to use it; no wonder he resisted testifying against Trump. Former Speaker Paul Ryan is among the dozens of House Republicans who have left Congress since the beginning of this administration, in one of the most striking personnel turnovers in congressional history. They left because they hated what Trump was doing to their party—and the country. Yet even after they left, they did not speak out.

They are scared, and yet they don’t seem to know that this fear has precedents, or that it could have consequences. They don’t know that similar waves of fear have helped transform other democracies into dictatorships. They don’t seem to realize that the American Senate really could become the Russian Duma, or the Hungarian Parliament, a group of exalted men and women who sit in an elegant building, with no influence and no power. Indeed, we are already much closer to that reality than many could ever have imagined.

Edited by ConferenceRoom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

With any other president, or any other politician, or really any other American, we would read that article and say "noooooo--there's no way he would say that.  Even if he thought it--and I don't think he would--he wouldn't say it."

With Trump, we're all just like, "yeah--that tracks."

Well, some of us. Others would instead use this revelation to ensure we all know that its both sides who have failed veterans.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This creates one of the best examples of irony in modern times.

Millions of people have boycotted their favorite sports, literally their favorite pasttimes, because they thought black athletes were being disrespectful to the military by kneeling during the anthem.  And those same millions are still gonna vote for Donald Trump after he's explained in no uncertain terms that he thinks the military are a bunch of fools and losers.

It's breathtaking and heartbreaking to watch how irredeemably stupid this country has become.

Trump could yell "fuck the troops!" at his next hate rally, and the crowd would chant "fuck the troops! fuck the troops!" back at him. 

57 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's as if you haven't seen him behave like this right in front of your aloof fucking face more than once. You're as afraid of just openly adoring your dear leader as he is of military service. Dive in. Commit. 

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It's as if you haven't seen him behave like this right in front of your aloof fucking face more than once. You're as afraid of just openly adoring your dear leader as he is of military service. Dive in. Commit. 

lulz. Chooky trying to be serious is one of the funnier bits you've put out. 

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

I think it would be good to know. Maybe you trust everything that everyone tells you. Santa isn't real just so you know.

That's not how journalism works. Good journalists protect their sources without misrepresenting the information they provide. And I don't know about you, but when the editor-in-chief of one of the United States' oldest and most well respected magazines puts his name on the article and tells me this is what four people with firsthand knowledge of the conversation said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

That's not how journalism works. Good journalists protect their sources without misrepresenting the information they provide. And I don't know about you, but when the editor-in-chief of one of the United States' oldest and most well respected magazines puts his name on the article and tells me this is what four people with firsthand knowledge of the conversation said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's good and all, but don't be mad when there are people who doubt the claims.

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This creates one of the best examples of irony in modern times.

Millions of people have boycotted their favorite sports, literally their favorite pasttimes, because they thought black athletes were being disrespectful to the military by kneeling during the anthem.  And those same millions are still gonna vote for Donald Trump after he's explained in no uncertain terms that he thinks the military are a bunch of fools and losers.

It's breathtaking and heartbreaking to watch how irredeemably stupid this country has become.

A majority of those millions never served a day in the military. Every Trumper I know never served, but think I'm a libtard even though I volunteered to join the Coast Guard on my 17th birthday.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

That's good and all, but don't be mad when there are people who doubt the claims.

You're projecting your anger about the situation you don't like onto me. I don't get mad until people start acting disingenuously and in bad faith. 

Edited by ConferenceRoom

Just now, SizzleChest said:

Anastasis, I worked with Chooky.  I know Chooky.  Chooky is a friend of mine.

You're no Chooky.

Please send him an IM letting him know that I was referring to the NYT piece about Russian Bounties and not the Atlantic piece.  And also "Chooky rhymes with Dookie". Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You do realize there is about a 95% chance that Kelly is one of the sources, right?

I would love for them to go public and call this shit out, but anonymous sources are a vital part of journalism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

What I always like about the trumpsters is they ALWAYS INSIST that the least likely scenario is in reality the most likely., in their loyalty to Trump.

The words sound exactly like Trump.  And those pretending that they don't believe the basic gist of the article are only lying to themselves.  Nothing more or less. 

• Hook 'Em 2