Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s happened so many times over the last several years thought it deserves its own thread. Plus the story is all over Facebook which is driving all the Trumpkins crazy trying to defend it. 

Today’s news is only the latest example. Russian bounties, McCains a loser for getting captured, etc. etc. Shutting down now Stars and Stripes. What’s now forgotten? What’s next? 

Trump shits all over the troops again; supporters dig heels in deeper

Fixed the the title of your thread.

Remember the story told in A Very Stable Genius (Mathis, Kelly, Tillerson and others meeting Trump at the Pentagon to explain the importance of NATO) had more of the same 3rd grade insult language that is reflected in the Atlantic article:

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” Trump told the assembled brass. Addressing the room, the commander in chief barked, “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Uncorroborated story amplified by certain individuals in the intelligence community to undermine efforts to withdrawal our troops from Afghanistan

You say this like it's a fact, and you've ignored requests to back up the claim.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but you seem to want to cast doubt on:

1) Russians actually did offer bounties for killing Americans,

And you seem to be offering a different explanation for the "bounty" story:

2) Certain American individuals, perhaps those who Eisenhower would have identified as a "military industrial complex," made up a story about Russians offering bounties, because they thought that once this story hit the American news media, it would create public and political pressure for America to **remain** in Afghanistan.

And #2 makes no fucking sense.  What am I missing?

Edited by Paul Wesley
words are difficult
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

That's good and all, but don't be mad when there are people who doubt the claims.

We call those people morons who ignore the past 4 years of evidence about what kind of "man" Trump is, and always has been.  A cheating, lying, coward who views empathy as a weakness and understanding as a crutch.  He is, and always has been, a complete piece of shit human being.  Just like his father.  Just like his sons.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
forgot Qusay
  • Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

This for all you know could be the informants. 

Trump could be on tape saying it and it probably wouldn't matter to you one bit you fucking simp. I know The Atlantic doesn't have much in the way of articles written by video game streamers but it's a reputable publication.  

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

What am I missing?

The follow up pieces to the original NYT article indicating that the intelligence was not corroborated.  The timing of the story intended to undermine withdrawal efforts. The end result, effectively handcuffing withdrawal. 

I sincerely hope that in Jan, once the Trump administration is behind us, some of you guys can return to a posture of skepticism when it comes to the intelligence community influencing politics and foreign policy through the media.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

We call those people morons who ignore the past 4 years of evidence about what kind of "man" Trump is, and always has been. 

I mean, at this point, it's so completely and totally cult-like, the Republican Party shouldn't even bother to come up with a platform of beliefs for 2020, and instead, they should just make a public statement that effectively says, "We don't have beliefs.  We just support Trump."

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The timing of the story intended to undermine withdrawal efforts. 

So *HOW* does the bounty story undermine withdrawal efforts?  It makes NO sense to me that anyone would have believed that such a story would make Americans and their representatives want to stay in Afghanistan (or escalate).

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

So *HOW* does the bounty story undermine withdrawal efforts?  It makes NO sense to me that anyone would have believed that such a story would make Americans and their representatives want to stay in Afghanistan (or escalate).

It pushed political will towards handcuffing withdrawal efforts, notably among certain GOP reps, for example the daughter of neocon Dick Cheney. The temporality of the chain of events is pretty clear.  The resistance will hopefully come back to their senses on these things in Jan.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

For fucks sake do we really have to have this intelligence community discussion for the millionth fucking time in this thread?

It was a focused throw away quip intended to juxtapose words versus action wrt love for our troops, but some people really want to engage over it.

I'd much rather discuss helping our troops by bringing them home and providing to them effective health care, and especially mental health care.  

Edited by Anastasis

58 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

"according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day."

Who were the four people?

Whoever they are, they're more credible than the liar in chief. And they're vetted by two respected news outlets. 

I know the cultists will guffaw at that. That's because they're oblivious traitors to their country in favor of loyalty to one person. That and fear that the idiotic vomit they've been lapping up for years from Brother Rush, American Spectator, and FOX may not be the delightful stew they've convinced themselves it is.

51 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

That's good and all, but don't be mad when there are people who doubt the claims.

It wouldn't matter if the Pope came out and said Donald Trump told me that he thinks our troops are "suckers" and "losers". You know this, and anyone who continues to support Trump knows this. That is just the icing of the shit filled cake that Trump continues to serve us. If you want to continue to support a Commander-in-Chief who has the beliefs that he does regarding the men and women who serve/served our country, go ahead, it's still a somewhat free country. But don't be upset with those of us who have had enough and think that anyone who continues to give Trump a pass is a complete piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The follow up pieces to the original NYT article indicating that the intelligence was not corroborated.  The timing of the story intended to undermine withdrawal efforts. The end result, effectively handcuffing withdrawal. 

I sincerely hope that in Jan, once the Trump administration is behind us, some of you guys can return to a posture of skepticism when it comes to the intelligence community influencing politics and foreign policy through the media.  

You were serious? Awww, man. I repped you. I thought you were parodying. I feel the fool, now.

54 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Oh fuck off. There have been dozens of individuals who have put their names to claims of outrageous, and often impeachable, conduct. Those people are dismissed as "bitter losers" and attacked by MAGA nation. Nothing this far has halted your rush to defend him, why are we supposed to think this would change anything?

Lt. Col Alexander Vindman, a most recent example would like to say hello @workswithseed 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, RomaVicta said:

You were serious? Awww, man. I repped you. I thought you were parodying. I feel the fool, now.

I thought you were just showing some appreciation for the punchline "because that's how we show the troops that we really do love them."

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It was a focused throw away quip intended to juxtapose words versus action wrt love for our troops, but some people really want to engage over it. 

Unlike most of your posts this one is 100% bullshit. It wasn't a throwaway, it was an attempt to distract from the focus of the discussion and it worked so congrats I guess. 

There is still a thread for IC discussion and you continue to insist on spamming and sidetracking other threads. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I thought you were just showing some appreciation for the punchline "because that's how we show the troops that we really do love them."

Thank you. I don't feel the fool now. There was irony. Thought maybe I'd gone irony deaf.

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It wasn't a throwaway, it was an attempt to distract from the focus of the discussion and it worked so congrats I guess. 

"Throw away" may or may not have been the right words.  The rest I think pretty accurate.  At worst that's only 7.4% bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

I mean, at this point, it's so completely and totally cult-like, the Republican Party shouldn't even bother to come up with a platform of beliefs for 2020, and instead, they should just make a public statement that effectively says, "We don't have beliefs.  We just support Trump."

You must have missed the Republican convention.  That is all they can offer.  You can't take a policy position, or espouse a bedrock belief, when your Dear Leader will simply flip-flop for his own aggrandizement and throw you to the moron wolves.

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

Wait a minute...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

lulz. Chooky trying to be serious is one of the funnier bits you've put out. 

You watched him malign the race and religion of a decorated soldier's mother and continuously defecate on a guy who endured more hell by the time he was 26 than 99% of humanity would know in a lifetime. And he still hasn't stopped. That indecency isn't a taking point. Sorry for not finding it amusing. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You watched him malign the race and religion of a decorated soldier's mother and continuously defecate on a guy who endured more hell by the time he was 26 than 99% of humanity would know in a lifetime. And he still hasn't stopped. That indecency isn't a taking point. Sorry for not finding it amusing. 

In what alternate reality are your responding to anything that I actually posted? 

If you just want to tilt against some really really really shitty stuff Trump did, you don't need to quote my unrelated post to do it. 

Just now, heso said:

Said he didn’t hear Trump say it. 

John Bolton said that while he didn’t hear President Trump disparage troops, the reported comments in The Atlantic weren’t out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.

Just now, 4th&Five said:

John Bolton said that while he didn’t hear President Trump disparage troops, the reported comments in The Atlantic weren’t out of character. “I haven’t heard anybody yet react to say, ‘That’s not the Donald Trump I know,’” he said.

Thanks, I didn’t see the exact quote, just that he said he didn’t hear it. 

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

In what alternate reality are your responding to anything that I actually posted? 

If you just want to tilt against some really really really shitty stuff Trump did, you don't need to quote my unrelated post to do it. 

Well then maybe I misunderstood.