Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Doesn't everybody take off the Friday before Labor Day and the Tuesday after during a pandemic for a binge?  You can't fucking take that PTO with you to the grave assholes. 

If I drank all my PTO I'd be dead before I ran out of PTO.  

I need to get sick.

This is something that should piss off the military loving, always stand for the anthem patriot types. But it won’t. Trump is finally verbalizing what they’ve always thought. The military is a last resort for poor people and losers and minorities who can’t go to college or get a real job. 

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is something that should piss off the military loving, always stand for the anthem patriot types. But it won’t. Trump is finally verbalizing what they’ve always thought. The military is a last resort for poor people and losers and minorities who can’t go to college or get a real job. 

Which is why we should have a draft and/or mandatory civil service for every American.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

There are nearly 20 million US veterans alive today.  That's like . . . New York.  Whether those who didn't serve actually don't support the troops is important, but the troops themselves would seemingly be a large enough voting bloc that one would want to avoid pissing them off.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

And also "Chooky rhymes with Dookie". Thanks. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The follow up pieces to the original NYT article indicating that the intelligence was not corroborated.  The timing of the story intended to undermine withdrawal efforts. The end result, effectively handcuffing withdrawal. 

I sincerely hope that in Jan, once the Trump administration is behind us, some of you guys can return to a posture of skepticism when it comes to the intelligence community influencing politics and foreign policy through the media.  

Gosh, I'm sorry that the burn-it-all-down-for-peace plan isn't going as well as any reasonable person should have been able to expect. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Gosh, I'm sorry that the burn-it-all-down-for-peace plan isn't going as well as any reasonable person should have been able to expect. 

You're probably one of those Austinites that had the STOP WAR NOW sign in their yard ca. 2007.  How many inches of dust has it collected in the garage?

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The follow up pieces to the original NYT article indicating that the intelligence was not corroborated.  The timing of the story intended to undermine withdrawal efforts. The end result, effectively handcuffing withdrawal. 

I sincerely hope that in Jan, once the Trump administration is behind us, some of you guys can return to a posture of skepticism when it comes to the intelligence community influencing politics and foreign policy through the media.  

The trump administration admitted to the russian bounty problem being accurate. And he still has done nothing. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/505293-white-house-says-trump-has-now-been-briefed-on-russian-bounty-intel

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

And, 2005 would be just around the corner.

cacd6ede099fc6601136826bd2c4b4f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The trump administration admitted to the russian bounty problem being accurate. And he still has done nothing. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/505293-white-house-says-trump-has-now-been-briefed-on-russian-bounty-intel

While you make good points, putin and the red army and trump have not yet admitted it so Anastasis will argue we should wait for those things to happen first.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hilarity that this story is even breaking Fox News:

This right here is the fucking problem with this country.  Think about how many millions of people only watch Fox News.  Right now they all believe that this is a hoax that was started by the Biden campaign and none of it is true.  It's just the Democrats making fake stuff up about Trump because he is dominating in the polls right now and is guaranteed to be re-elected, that is unless the Democrats rig the election with China and Russia and steal it from Trump.  That's the narrative they are pushing out there any by the time Labor Day is over you will have 40 million Americans that believe this and will become snowflakes about how the Democrats play dirty when it comes to politics unlike the nice Republicans who are honorable, ethical and trustworthy.  If I could do my job from Canada I think I would be on my way to Vancouver as we speak.  Maybe a winter home in Costa Rica since I hate the cold weather.

• Hook 'Em 3

Grab 'em by the pussy insulted 50% of the country.

Losers and suckers insulted... I honestly don't know how much of the country.

I'm not counting on this torpedoing his campaign. In fact, I think he'll do some misdirection in the next 24 hours to change the conversation because that's something he's actually good at doing. Biden, VoteVets, Lincoln Project need to keep hammering away at this until November.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump would nuke California tomorrow if it guaranteed his re-election.  Dude is beyond a psycho dangerous thug POS and easily the most anti-American President we’ve ever had. 

Well duh. You knock out 55 Democrat electoral votes, that's a no-brainer. Not to mention that if you concentrate the nukes on the coastal cities, and still convince the survivors in the interior to vote (hey, 10 years before the next post-nuking census), that's a solid extra 55 Republican Electors.

I mean, it's as obvious as supersizing fries.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You're probably one of those Austinites that had the STOP WAR NOW sign in their yard ca. 2007.  How many inches of dust has it collected in the garage?

Has Trump stopped the wars? I mean actually stopped them, not just threatened to move troops from one spot to another. 

So why do you think this tired misdirection is relevant on this thread? Everyone knows the IC uses media and other tools to influence public opinion. It's not that nobody gives a shit, it's just that nobody gives a shit when the topic at hand is the President calling injured veterans losers. 

You've become a caricature of yourself even more than Brisketexan. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Serious question though.. What is your level of educational attainment, @workswithseed?   You strike me as Wulawhorn with a lower ceiling. 

Some college. Too lazy, so dropped out. I will say I'm probably a better cook than him.

Edited by workswithseed
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Why do you have such an overwhelming sense of inadequacy?

Did your father not love you enough?

Or are you just still trying to come to grips with the fact that he is a trumpkin by projecting?

My dad and I have always loved each other. Always will. It sucks for me that he loves trump so much, but it is what it is.

I think it’s pretty shitty of you to get personal like that, but you be you.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Has Trump stopped the wars? I mean actually stopped them, not just threatened to move troops from one spot to another. 

So why do you think this tired misdirection is relevant on this thread? Everyone knows the IC uses media and other tools to influence public opinion. It's not that nobody gives a shit, it's just that nobody gives a shit when the topic at hand is the President calling injured veterans losers. 

You've become a caricature of yourself even more than Brisketexan. 

You sad about the dust on your sign too?  I didn't figure you for as much.

The wars don't stop. They won't stop. All the while, like cats chasing a laser pointer around the room, you want to talk about nothing more than words. Trump is a piece of shit. A narcissist incapable of showing empathy for anything or anyone.  This is really not a new topic for discussion. But god forbid anyone try to talk about anything else here. 

And while you chase me around the thread, you haven't actually engaged on the only really substantive post I made here.

But keep doing you Huck. Because that's really all that most people really care about when it boils down to doing what is right by the our military service members.  Scoring their little expeditious political points. 

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Trump is a piece of shit. But if we want to talk about really caring for the men and women who serve our country, a few things that we should do:

1. Invest in making the VA one of the best health care systems in the world, in particular by focusing on the mental health care needs of our soldiers returning home.

2. Scale down our international military deployment substantially, ending our decades old engagement in Afghanistan in particular. 

3. As we scale down our military forces, both in terms of head count and financial investment, retrain our soldiers as necessary to enter the world with marketable trades and skill set. Consider redeploying these resources to address domestic needs such as infrastructure.      

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My dad and I have always loved each other. Always will. It sucks for me that he loves trump so much, but it is what it is.

I think it’s pretty shitty of you to get personal like that, but you be you.

Sorry man. It was a rhetorical jab. Sucks that it landed on the chin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Sorry man. It was a rhetorical jab. Sucks that it landed on the chin. 

It’s all good. It’s just the net. I don’t take any of this seriously, even you. It’s just an outlet. Like I said before, once trump is finally gone, you will rarely hear from me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s all good. It’s just the net. I don’t take any of this seriously, even you. It’s just an outlet. Like I said before, once trump is finally gone, you will rarely hear from me. 

I know that a lot of the lashing out on this board is people trying to slay their own projected political demons. It's an easier place to do that than over the dinner table at Thanksgiving.   

• Hook 'Em 1