Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I know that a lot of the lashing out on this board is people trying to slay their own projected political demons. It's an easier place to do that than over the dinner table at Thanksgiving.   

This is one of the wiser things you have said. 

I think it would be good to know. Maybe you trust everything that everyone tells you. Santa isn't real just so you know.

Look everyone a toddler weighs in with his opinion. Everybody tell him what a good job he did forming that sentence.
  • Hook 'Em 3

finally seeing clips from the trump press conference.  he's so fucking predictable.

you come out and you say these things didn't happen.  straight denial.  probably most of your base believes you, and they're satisfied.

then you go on a rant for 3 minutes about how "nobody cares about our military men and women more than me".  well then, that obviously settles it.  i've made this post so many times about so many examples, but think about the type of person who can't just deny a story, but then has to go so far out of the way and say something that 90% of his own voters know is a lie (even if they won't admit it).

-are you a racist?

-no.

-ok.

-in fact, i'm the least racist person you've ever met.

this was the don lemon interview from 5 years ago.  does trump actually think following up with impossible hyperbole makes the whole thing more or less believable?

• Like 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Expect something crazy from trump, even more than normal, this weekend to change the conversation. 

Trump and crew are waiting for October to unleash their supposed fireworks. Problem is the other side has far greater ammunition to unleash on this corrupt asshole. Today was just a preview of things to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I will say this stuff is the most I’ve seen my Trumpiest coworker shook by anything he’s done. I didn’t figure this would be the thing that did it, but here we are. 

There’s a reason why trump is freaking out about all this. He’s media savvy if anything and he knows how damaging this is.

Its all over Facebook like nothing else. Maybe it don’t matter but it has the opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

There’s a reason why trump is freaking out about all this. He’s media savvy if anything and he knows how damaging this is.

Its all over Facebook like nothing else. Maybe it don’t matter but it has the opportunity. 

Now if we could get something pro-choice out of him too, I think you get his support to a Vichy sized rump

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Exactly. It’s not like trump can win 1 vote with this news. But he can lose a lot even if it’s not true. We all know that he said something to the effect of the story.  He’s on TV saying that POWs aren’t heroes like those that don’t get caught. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

All the trumpy people I grew up with are claiming it’s fake news.  I’m tempted to ask them, if they knew it wasn’t fake, would they still vote for him.  But I already know the answer.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

All the trumpy people I grew up with are claiming it’s fake news.  I’m tempted to ask them, if they knew it wasn’t fake, would they still vote for him.  But I already know the answer.

That’s a normal defense mechanism and totally predictable.

But it can create doubts. 

The only way they change their mind, if they ever do, is to allow them to change it themselves. It’s the only way.

It is tricky. But possible and requires patience.

44 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

finally seeing clips from the trump press conference.  he's so fucking predictable.

you come out and you say these things didn't happen.  straight denial.  probably most of your base believes you, and they're satisfied.

then you go on a rant for 3 minutes about how "nobody cares about our military men and women more than me".  well then, that obviously settles it.  i've made this post so many times about so many examples, but think about the type of person who can't just deny a story, but then has to go so far out of the way and say something that 90% of his own voters know is a lie (even if they won't admit it).

-are you a racist?

-no.

-ok.

-in fact, i'm the least racist person you've ever met.

this was the don lemon interview from 5 years ago.  does trump actually think following up with impossible hyperbole makes the whole thing more or less believable?

but he always comes back to racism and how the military is for losers.  He thought he was so smart for deferring 5 times and still became Commander in Chief so what has it taught him?

This was written in 2016 and hasn't changed at all: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trumps-war-with-the-us-military/2016/09/09/a6701dae-7678-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html

Soon after launching his campaign, Trump said of John McCain, the prisoner-of-war-cum-senator, “he’s not a war hero” and that “I like people who weren’t captured.” He later backtracked but said he didn’t regret the remarks because “my poll numbers went up.”

He recently accepted a wounded-in-action veteran’s Purple Heart, saying: “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.”

He played down dangers troops face in up-armored Humvees: “If a bomb goes off . . . they’re okay. They go for a little ride upward and they come down.”

Though Trump talks often about veterans, he didn’t make good on a promised contribution to veterans charities after a fundraiser this year until The Post noted his failure to do so. (Years ago, he opposed veterans working as street vendors on New York’s Fifth Avenue, calling it “deplorable” to have them on the “prestigious shopping street.”) 

He's a fine example of leadership that we should all emulate.  Grab 'em by the pussy, disparage the handicapped and wounded vets and not pay taxes because he's smart.  If anybody wants to know what's wrong with America, is this douchebag and his enablers.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-taxes-smart/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump and crew are waiting for October to unleash their supposed fireworks. Problem is the other side has far greater ammunition to unleash on this corrupt asshole. Today was just a preview of things to come. 

Dotard can't keep a secret that long--he speaks what's in his mind.  If his staff didn't want Trump to publicly release information, then his staff would have to hide it.

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Just wait until you see Trump’s fireworks in October.  I would be shocked if Hunter and Joe Biden aren’t indicted by the DOJ or maybe  they announce the opening of an investigation on them for committing Treason against the US for conspiring with Russia (maybe they go with China for this one) with Barr pulling the strings.  Maybe just Hunter will be indicted and when asked if it involves Joe, Bill Barr will just grin and say I can’t confirm or deny that leaving the dumb independent voters to think, “gee, Trump is bad but I can’t vote for someone who could go to prison right after he wins the election”.  The dumb is strong in this country and we should never underestimate it.

17 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Just wait until you see Trump’s fireworks in October.  I would be shocked if Hunter and Joe Biden aren’t indicted by the DOJ or maybe  they announce the opening of an investigation on them for committing Treason against the US for conspiring with Russia (maybe they go with China for this one) with Barr pulling the strings.  Maybe just Hunter will be indicted and when asked if it involves Joe, Bill Barr will just grin and say I can’t confirm or deny that leaving the dumb independent voters to think, “gee, Trump is bad but I can’t vote for someone who could go to prison right after he wins the election”.  The dumb is strong in this country and we should never underestimate it.

You may be right and this all may come to pass. But it won’t matter.

May you live in interesting times. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

he commits felonies and displays shocking levels of incompetence at everything he does on the regular and has done so consistently for 3+ years - with multiple instances of straight up treason thrown in. 

this isn’t going to move the needle at the end of the day and it will all be an afterthought within a week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Nearly 700.

From the Breitbart article:

“In an open letter obtained exclusively by Breitbart News, about 674 veterans wrote that their support for Trump, against attacks by the establishment media, remains unwavering because of his record of supporting the United States military and ending foreign wars.“

About 674 veterans? How is it “about” such a specific number?

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

he commits felonies and displays shocking levels of incompetence at everything he does on the regular and has done so consistently for 3+ years - with multiple instances of straight up treason thrown in. 

this isn’t going to move the needle at the end of the day and it will all be an afterthought within a week.  

I agree among hopeless trumpkins. They are lost.

But normal people who aren’t lost will pay attention to this. He was going to lose anyway .

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I agree among hopeless trumpkins. They are lost.

But normal people who aren’t lost will pay attention to this. He was going to lose anyway .

Regardless of the actual count, even if it ended up being 100% accurate; the end result is going to be an absolute shit show.

neither side will concede.  It is going to be a cluster-fuck, deluxe.