Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

"What the cornbread fuck is a bone spur?"

I hereby pledge to use "what the cornbread fuck?" at least once a day through November 3rd.  God bless you, south florida water man.

I don't want a job, but I might apply to one at a place I hate just so I can say it in the interview.

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like Trumpers on Lake Travis could use a few suckers from the Navy and losers from the Coast Guard to bail their asses out right about now.  

Only in 2020 could Trump supporters manage to fuck up Floating.  

Do you guys have any discernible skills or value whatsoever?  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Looks like Trumpers on Lake Travis could use a few suckers from the Navy and losers from the Coast Guard to bail their asses out right about now.  

Only in 2020 could Trump supporters manage to fuck up Floating.  

Do you guys have any discernible skills or value whatsoever?  

GRIFT

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I was mocking the people that try to pigeon hole me as a dogmatic anarcho-libertarian. But good for you jumping into the mix. You seem really concerned about pointing out the progressive nature of some of my policy positions (although you don't actually engage in any specifics, just vague window framing). I got no problem with that, it would just be a better exchange if we actually dug into something specific.

That didn't have anything to do with me.  One party's brain dead base consolidated around a con man.  The other party's establishment consolidated around an establishment candidate to marginalize an insurgent progressive.  Forced decision, shitty outcome. They did that in 2016 and it worked so well that they figure, hey, let's try it again in 2020. For somebody who appears to align with a progressive take over, you keep running back to the same institution that pulls the rug out from under your movement time after time when the top line position is on the line.  Not only running back, but now actively evangelizing.

I do align with the progressive takeover.  Bu t it isn't happening because there are far too many ex-republicans voting in democratic primaries across the nation.  They found Biden more palatable than other candidates.  Hopefully some, if not most, of them will move back to the GOP once Trump is done with it.  I suppose that is something caused by the "brokenness" of the 2 party system as well.  However, I think the bigger issue is that there is no barrier to entry for a voter or a candidate that wants to join a party.  And while you may think having multiple parties is the solution, there is nothing stopping a communist from running as a "libertarian" either.  The real solution is to ban parties altogether.  Run on your own platform as you and nothing more.

And for the record, while I am progressive, I'm not a Bernie-ist.  I think his crew suffers from the same cult of personality that afflicts Trumpists.  There are a variety of different progressive ideas and potential candidates.  Many progressive ideas are more forward thinking than Bernie's, so the idea that only Bernie is "good" has been detrimental to the progressive movement in general, IMO.  Bernie makes a lot of noise, but he has never done much more than that.  Had progressives rallied around Warren, she would be the candidate right now instead of Biden.  Bernie never had a chance really.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Think about this. 

Hitler was one of the most evil pieces of shit in history. Yet try to imagine him visiting the gravesite of dead German soldiers from WWI and calling them all losers and suckers. You can’t even imagine it. And yet that’s our current president.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Had progressives rallied around Warren, she would be the candidate right now instead of Biden.  Bernie never had a chance really.

What? Warren got basically nothing.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Think about this. 

Hitler was one of the most evil pieces of shit in history. Yet try to imagine him visiting the gravesite of dead German soldiers from WWI and calling them all losers and suckers. You can’t even imagine it. And yet that’s our current president.

761642.gif

We should be thankful that Trump doesn't genuinely venerate the military. It's one of the things that keeps him from being an actual dictator.

And for fuck's sake, don't Hitler this shit. Christ on a fucking bike.

45 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And while you may think having multiple parties is the solution, there is nothing stopping a communist from running as a "libertarian" either.  The real solution is to ban parties altogether.  Run on your own platform as you and nothing more.

4dzjkv.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

At this point to be an active trump supporter imo you have to be

one issue anti abortion above all voter

legitimately believe trump was sent by god to hasten Armageddon 

or be an actual white supremacist

**draw a Venn diagram of the groups and you probably get a good bit of overlap 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I drew it. It’s just a single circle. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Nope. You just don’t care about issues. You are just going full dumbass for your team like a nfl fan would

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Imagine the lack of self-respect you have to have to be a member of his cult.

Just look at it through the prism of his lying.  He's literally lying to them daily and he knows he can get away with it.  How low must your self-worth be?  What kind of battered wife syndrome do you have?

The fucker doesn't lie to me.  I know he's full of shit.  

The vast majority of humans know it too.  

Stupid people are the most valuable commodity in the world.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Abortion wouldn’t be the straw that broke the camels back. They would just move the field goal posts or claim fake news which is their equivalency to fingers in their ears to reality. Anybody with common sense knows with his rep and how he treats women, he has paid for abortions.

Edited by Mdhorn

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I do align with the progressive takeover.  Bu t it isn't happening because there are far too many ex-republicans voting in democratic primaries across the nation.

"The problem with the democratic party is too many republicans that are now democrats."

I fucking love it.  It's true.  But I am the both sides equivocator? 

Edited by Anastasis
too many, not all
  • Hook 'Em 1

We live in a two party system. I don’t think its what the founders intended but it was basically the inevitable result of the system they set up. 

The Republican Party has gone completely off the rails. Its disingenuous to blame the Democratic Party Or the media for this or to claim its become more conservative Or anti republicans as a result. The fact is the Republican Party has become a radical white supremacist party that believes in absolutely nothing But power for its own sake.

Let me repeat, they believe in absolutely nothing.They don’t even have a fucking platform. It’s just all pro trump. Heil Hitler!

How are you supposed to deal with or negotiate with something like that? It cannot be rationalized with so why even try.

Biden will win the election and eventually trump will either get arrested or flee. The larger problem of course is what to do with the Ignorant trumpkins who still remain here. This will be a difficult question for a few years to come. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

You know, I used to believe and respect pro-life people when they said it was a moral stance that they couldn’t compromise on and even though I didn’t agree with them, I could understand it.

The Trump presidency has disabused me of that.

If they actually believed “all life matters” then they would speak out against kids in cages.

If they actually believed “all life matters” then they would speak out against the way this administration has handled this pandemic and proven they don’t give a fuck how many people die.

They just want to control women. They don’t give two purple shits about the lives of embryos.

Absolutely this:^

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

You know, I used to believe and respect pro-life people when they said it was a moral stance that they couldn’t compromise on and even though I didn’t agree with them, I could understand it.

The Trump presidency has disabused me of that.

If they actually believed “all life matters” then they would speak out against kids in cages.

If they actually believed “all life matters” then they would speak out against the way this administration has handled this pandemic and proven they don’t give a fuck how many people die.

They just want to control women. They don’t give two purple shits about the lives of embryos.

It has always been about white supremacy. Abortion and everything else is just an excuse. White supremacy is the entire basis of the evangelical movement. Trump has completely exposed that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

A non-confirmation that confirms the story.

He’s still a coward though.

Of course; the campaign is the most important thing and screw his sucker dead son, right? Because supporting the president is #1, who care what he does.

At end of the day, his base doesn’t care and will call the soldiers suckers and losers. This will not sway any trump voter in the slightest. I mean all the generals he insulted nothing happened. Mathis, Kurds, McCain, all losers.

there is no bottom and no matter, they will support him  

49 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Nope. You just don’t care about issues. You are just going full dumbass for your team like a nfl fan would

If you think I’m team Biden you haven’t been paying attention

but since you’ve chimed in mr. helper why don’t you go ahead and enumerate the issues that are more important than having a head of the executive who can

get the pandemic under control 

Not let Russia take the reins in the Middle East 

have a reasonable policy wrt China (trade and otherwise)

have a sound (or at least sane) immigration policy

Not light the fuse on the powder keg that is our inner cities at the moment

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It has always been about white supremacy. Abortion and everything else is just an excuse. White supremacy is the entire basis of the evangelical movement. Trump has completely exposed that. 

I don’t buy this. If this were true trump would have 0 % of the black and Hispanic vote. 

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

He didn't say Biden was demented, he said Biden has declined dramatically. "Dramatically" is subjective, of course, but anyone claiming there is no decline from '08-'16 is not being honest. 

Put all the politics aside and imagine Joe Biden in 2022 with no evil Republican opponent standing opposite him... will you or anyone else sincerely argue that the man has not declined and the only point of contention is the adverb attached to it?

Better than Trump, sure yes that's a given even to the board conservatives, but eventually Trump isn't there anymore and if we'll lie for a big reason you'll lie for a small one.

Thanks. That is all I was saying. Drastically is subjective and a poor choice of word.  Didn’t think it was that controversial of a statement.  Fwiw, I don’t watch Fox, listen to Rush, or Rogan (I’ve watched an entirety of a single podcast of his, a recent one with Colion Noir).  I thought to myself on the very first Biden ad I saw (that was run on YouTube a million times) how in the fuck Can you stumble in the first sentence on a recorded ad, then release it, this looks terrible.    Then of course every time he fucks up the Twittersphere blows up.  I’m sure he’s cognizant, or they would have placed someone else in his spot.  

I got the luxury of watching my father go from clear headed, ready for retirement and golden years, to severe brain atrophy and permanent fog from Parkinson’s in the matter of a year or two.  Maybe I subconsciously and incorrectly correlated the two.   It wasn’t meant so much as a dig on Joe, but more why can’t we target presidential candidates in their 50’s. Seems to have worked out great for us in the past.  That said, Warren is sharp as a fucking tack and she’s up there.  

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t buy this. If this were true trump would have 0 % of the black and Hispanic vote. 

Thats why they hide behind issues like abortion, private schools, teachers unions, etc. I didn’t say everybody saw it and recognized how it is. They certainly don’t intentionally broadcast it to the world.  

"The problem with the democratic party is too many republicans that are now democrats."
I fucking love it.  It's true.  But I am the both sides equivocator? 
I am the guy that understands it and votes for the non evil option even if I would like other options. You are the guy that understands it, but enables the evil option anyway.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I am the guy that understands it and votes for the non evil option even if I would like other options. You are the guy that understands it, but enables the evil option anyway.

You are the guy that understands that the system is totally fucked, but tucks himself under a warm little capitulation to that system blanket, which actually enables the evil option anyway. 

0%? Thats just not how people work. Some people find a niche that they believe calls for damaging one or more of their demographics in exchange for insuring they maintain their current personal gain. And they feel the need to secure that relative gain. Think Diamond and Silk, Kanye, or Samuel L Jackson in Django Unchained. Or Bin Laden's niece from a Muslim perspective. Or from a women's rights perspective. Kayleigh McEnany, Melania, etc. In a world of equality, all of these people are worse off than they are now. So they support inequality.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:
29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

0%? Thats just not how people work. Some people find a niche that they believe calls for damaging one or more of their demographics in exchange for insuring they maintain their current personal gain. And they feel the need to secure that relative gain. Think Diamond and Silk, Kanye, or Samuel L Jackson in Django Unchained. Or Bin Laden's niece from a Muslim perspective. Or from a women's rights perspective. Kayleigh McEnany, Melania, etc. In a world of equality, all of these people are worse off than they are now. So they support inequality.

Ok 2.3%. It wouldn’t be as high as it is. There aren’t that many grifters

42 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It wasn’t meant so much as a dig on Joe, but more why can’t we target presidential candidates in their 50’s. Seems to have worked out great for us in the past.  That said, Warren is sharp as a fucking tack and she’s up there.  

You just answered your own question.  It's not age, it's acuity.  Biden is fine, he might not be quite as sharp as he was 20 years ago, but he's fine.  He's a typical older POTUS candidate.  The "dementia" angle is all propaganda and it should be ignored.

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You forgot “Moron” and “Just an overall piece of shit.”

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Somewhere along the line, a big percentage of our population learned to champion a person devoid of decency, and indeed revel in that void. 

I guess you say the Serenity prayer and then do what you can do.

We can all go vote. And encourage everyone we know to do the same 

I would say to the topic of Trump voters and abortion.....I am actually more convinced that at some point in his past, Trump has pressured a woman to have an abortion (and had it paid for) than I am convinced that this story in ‘The Atlantic’ is true.  

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Ok 2.3%. It wouldn’t be as high as it is. There aren’t that many grifters

There are that many uneducated and simply stubborn idiots. As far as the Hispanic vote in Florida there are a ton of Cubans who refuse to vote anything but republican going back to the embargo days of Castro. There are non white people like that in every state. Here in Texas my Mexican wife's cousin is full blown brainwashed trumpkin believing any conspiracy garbage that he comes across on facebook. 

Even among white voters if you look at republican policies they've gone a great deal towards decimating rural America over the last 40 years yet rural Americans, mostly whites, still support them against their own interests. 

People being stupid or ignorant and voting against their own interests is why we are where we are. 

• Hook 'Em 1