Trump shits all over the troops again

JimmyJames

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

I would say to the topic of Trump voters and abortion.....I am actually more convinced that at some point in his past, Trump has pressured a woman to have an abortion (and had it paid for) than I am convinced that this story in ‘The Atlantic’ is true.  

And I'm 99.999999 percent sure the story in the Atlantic is true. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, deech said:

You can tell it is by the response.  First they used Melania to try to deny it and now they run out Nicki Haley.

Not only that, even though the House and Senate is in recess and scattered about, to the best of my knowledge, no GOP member has defended the President on this.  And I'm pretty sure there is telephone and Internet access to every member of Congress, so to say they are not informed of the Atlantic article is laughable.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not only that, even though the House and Senate is in recess and scattered about, to the best of my knowledge, no GOP member has defended the President on this.  And I'm pretty sure there is telephone and Internet access to every member of Congress, so to say they are not informed of the Atlantic article is laughable.

That won't stop them from saying that they aren't. 

I don't read, what was the name of that magazine? Oh yes, the Atlanta. 

I see no need to address a story based on second hand information from people who prefer to remain in the shadows.

I've never heard the president say such things.

I'm troubled. 

It's amazing how predictable the base is.  The current angle is that these claims have all been debunked, and Trump is the best President in history in terms of respect and advocacy for our armed forces.

Let's think about that for a minute.  32 American Presidents have served in some capacity, be it active duty or reserves.  The angle today is that Trump, who did not serve, not only respects but treats our troops better than 12 other Presidents who also didn't serve, but he's better than the 32 who DID serve.

This apparently passes the sniff test for these geniuses.

Edited by jimmyjazz

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's amazing how predictable the base is.  The current angle is that these claims have all been debunked, and Trump is the best President in history in terms of respect and advocacy for our armed forces.

Let's think about that for a minute.  32 American Presidents have served in some capacity, be it active duty or reserves.  The angle today is that Trump, who did not serve, not only respects but treats our troops better than 12 other Presidents who also didn't serve, but he's better than the 32 who DID serve.

This apparently passes the sniff test for these geniuses.

If only he hadn’t been hampered by those pesky bone spurs...

speaking if which, how old was he when he was diagnosed?  18?   

B12D9B6B-50A0-452C-AC56-AEAFE4978C49.png

I would like to hook up every Trump supporter to a lie detector test and have them answer the simple questions, "Do you believe President Trump had bone spurs that prevented him 6 times from serving in Vietnam as each time another young man took his place?"

Now I know that Republicans are fucking fantastic liars, especially when it comes to the lies they tell themselves,. However,  my guess is the subconscious and that last microscopic glimmer of principles might make the meter tick slightly, when they replied "No."  I would also imagine for most people that served in the military the meter would swing pretty wildly if they uttered the word "No."  To a Vietnam vet they know that folks like Trump were cowards and used their father's to protect them from service. Now like so many other GOP chicken hawks of the time period, they love the military and the flag, as long as they personally never need to worry about sacrificing for it!

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

The Atlantic is known for being fanatical about fact checking, it's been confirmed by other independent news organizations including the AP and Fox News, 

That was the old Atlantic, not the new Atlantic that's owned by the whore known as Steve Jobs' Widow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

The Atlantic is known for being fanatical about fact checking, it's been confirmed by other independent news organizations including the AP and Fox News, we've witnessed Trump say very similar things in public on tape, credible people central to the story have not refuted it, Trump has already demonstrably lied (saying he called Melania back home, she was there with him) in his refutation of the story. If you're convinced that this story is untrue it's because you are stupid and have been fundamentally broken by the Trump GOP.

Yeah, there was a twitter thread/string whatever, full of people that have contributed to the publication, each discussing the great lengths that The Atlantic fact-checks.

One guy said that in a piece he wrote, he mentioned driving down a "recently-repaved" road.   The editor had somebody call the highway department to find out exactly when the paving had been done.  

57 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That won't stop them from saying that they aren't. 

I don't read, what was the name of that magazine? Oh yes, the Atlanta. 

I see no need to address a story based on second hand information from people who prefer to remain in the shadows.

That is the TexAgs defense right there. The Atlantic is a libtard rag apparently.

I've enjoyed every article I've read from them. Fairly thoughtful writing for the most part.

This is an unexpected consequence of modern journal-blogism.  People have become so used to not trusting anything they read, either because of intentional bias or simply shoddy fact-checking in order to get to the finish line first, that legit old-school feature reporting no longer resonates as trustworthy.  The entire industry has become irrevocably stained.

• Like 1

Someone get me George Clooney, Matt Damon, John Goodman, and Bill Murray on the line. We have some art that needs returning to its rightful owners, the US taxpayers and its rightful location. Bonus if someone will repeat the lines from the movie:

But I want to remember this moment. I'm gonna go home soon. Got a nice apartment in New York on the Upper West Side. There's a deli down the street called Sid's. Every morning, I walk there and I get a cup of coffee and a bagel, and I read the newspaper. I think about it every day here. It'll be the first place I go when I get stateside. I'm gonna be sitting there, eating one of Sid Meldman's toasted onion bagels and reading a tiny article in the New York Times, page... 18... that says you, Colonel Wegner, Donald Trump were hanged for your crimes you committed during the war and you were buried in an unmarked grave. And then I'll think about my cigarette... and I'll think about you sitting there with that stupid look on your face. Then I'll finish my coffee, leave the paper for Sid to wrap fish in. I'll never think of you again.

THE MONUMENTS MEN (2014) Movie Review | The Unaffiliated ...

NSIAP

This is from Trump’s first failed abortion’s book

"Meanwhile, it also took two months for me to realize the enormity of what my father had accomplished, and the weight of the job that he’d won. It was the day before the inauguration, and we were driving into Arlington National Cemetery, where he was to lay a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic. Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country. I was never prouder of my father than when I watched as he stood before the tomb, his hand over his heart, while the Army bugler played 'Taps.' 

"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed—voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office.'"

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

NSIAP

"Meanwhile, it also took two months for me to realize the enormity of what my father had accomplished, and the weight of the job that he’d won. It was the day before the inauguration, and we were driving into Arlington National Cemetery, where he was to lay a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic. Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country. I was never prouder of my father than when I watched as he stood before the tomb, his hand over his heart, while the Army bugler played 'Taps.' 

"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed—voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office.'"

Dayum.  That's . . . impressive.  Wow.

Saving Private Ryan (1998, Rated R): Even though there's nothing in it for them, a battalion of suckers goes behind enemy lines in WWII to retrieve a guy whose three loser brothers already died.

That is perfect.  I mean, it cannot be improved upon.  Holy shit.

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

NSIAP

The next paragraph is even better.

”Wait.  Hand over his heart?  WTF?  My dad doesn’t have a heart!  And thats when I knew was just a terrible dream.   I woke up rattled by these repulsive strange feelings from the depth of my subconscious.  Importance of the presidency?  Love of country?  Sacrifice?  Loss of profit?   What kind of sick shit is this?   I woke up, did 2 lines of coke off Ivanka’s bare ass and instantly felt better. “

On 9/5/2020 at 11:41 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I'll say it.  His mental acuity hasn't dropped "dramatically" at all.  You are falling for Russian propaganda.  It happens, lots of idiots get taken.

Watch the man speak extemporaneously as he did yesterday in a rage against Trump and tell me he's fucking demented.  Come on.  Tell me he's demented.  That will end all credibility, if you have any left.

Fatty gets trucked by Joe Biden

Let us note that @fattyflattie has failed to take the challenge.  Funny how that works.

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

He couldn’t be bothered to honor the memories of those suckers lost in WWI because it was raining and he was looting shitty copies of artwork from the US embassy. 

The figurines that caught Trump’s eye found a new home on the fireplace mantel in the Oval Office. Depicting Greek gods, they date to the early 20th century and were made by Neapolitan artist Luigi Avolio, who was trying to pass them off as sculptures from the 16th or 17th centuries, according to London-based art dealer Patricia Wengraf.

Of course Trump was attracted to the work of another fraudster. 

spacer.png

My goodness, he looks like shit in that picture. He looks shrunken in his suit. He looks mentally overwhelmed to the point all he wants to do is seek solace in staring downward into Melania's Holy Cleavage.

It could just be that he's thinking and struggling to understand her high-pitched accent, but I don't think so.

If there was a single molecule in him or about him that could generate sympathy, this picture might draw it out. Instead, I feel like I'm looking at a dirty old man longing for the days when he could hang with Epstein at Mar al Lago doing the white man's overbite and seeing how far he could get grabbing boobs and touching the crotches of women he does not know.spacer.png

Such a disgusting man creature.

I'm not a loser. I'm a winner. Something good's gonna happen. I can feel it.

Soy un perdedor

Forces of evil in Bozo nightmare.

We wander the dark looking for the exit from Idiot World.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/everyone-knows-its-true/616138/

And that’s it. Few former employees of the Trump administration praise him as a boss. Few business partners speak of his honesty. Few tenants of Trump buildings have anything good to say about the homes he supposedly built. Few officials of any city have been willing to celebrate any contribution to urban life. Few beneficiaries of any Trump philanthropy.

Imagine a man who has lived in the public eye for half a century, supposedly one of the country’s leading business figures, and when in trouble he struggles to summon credible or trustworthy witnesses from outside the Fox Cinematic Universe. There’s just a gaping zero where goodness should be.

So when it is reported—first in The Atlantic, then by The Washington Post, the AP, CNN, and Fox News—that multiple sources have heard Trump sneer and jibe at America’s fallen, the reporting rings true because it is consistent with the public record. The denials ring false because they defy that public record.

The things reported fit in the mouth you know. Everybody knows it’s true, and most especially those who have been tasked to deny it.

• Hook 'Em 2

i can't even...

yes, i'm a sucker trying to have a discussion on social media with someone about this.

i post links with facts. the retort is 'my links are biased' (cnn, reuters). i point out the ACTUAL FACT can be verified by historical record, e.g., there is historical PROOF that Obama signed Veterans Choice in 2014 and CNN has nothing to do with it.

response verbatim "I’m not disputing what you are saying is a “fact”, I am saying that nothing speaks more truth then those that live it."

these people are gone. lost. 😐

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, Neonmoon said:

My grandfather volunteered to serve in WWII but was denied because of a terrible leg injury. He played football when people wore metal cleats. Someone cleated him so bad in his calf, he wore a brace for the rest of his life, it was a miracle he didn’t lose the leg. He got his pilots license and flew transport planes across the Atlantic the entire war. 

My uncle was a Scout during the Vietnam War. He was tasked with going behind enemy lines by himself in the middle of the fucking jungle and gathering intelligence. He’s never spoken a word about his experiences in Vietnam, even when pressed. He is such a loyal and good man. I couldn’t begin to describe the honor I feel to have him in my family. 

These two men are better than I will ever be. Fuck Trump 

Point of clarification. I am not sure they ever used metal cleats in football.  But my dad, of approximately the same age, related that cleats in the 30s had leather soles with rubber or leather cleats screwed into the soles.  The studs that screwed them on were pointed and threaded on both ends like a wood screw.

When they wore, the rubber/leather would disintegrate, exposing effectively a wood screw.  They were designed to be replaced, like hobnails, but being the depression most often they were not.  So yeah, the cleats were not only effectively metal, they were actually often a pattern of wood screws.  Dad said they would fuck. you. up.

He also got a uniform with "Danger, Crabs" written in the crotch of the pants.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

We know who the motherfucker is by now and this rings true.

John Bolton's book, Mary Trump's book, now Michael Cohen's book...none of them are telling us anything about Donald that we didn't already know. They might give us new instances of him being a lying, cheating, corrupt piece of shit that we hadn't heard before, but they're not revealing anything new about his complete lack of character. All we can say is yes, of course he did those things. That's who he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This would be an incredible idea. Which means it will never happen. To even have someone like DTJr suggest it is pretty amazing. If you applied something similar across all branches of government it would be nice first step in actually “DrAiNinG tHe SwAmP”. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This would be an incredible idea. Which means it will never happen. To even have someone like DTJr suggest it is pretty amazing. If you applied something similar across all branches of government it would be nice first step in actually “DrAiNinG tHe SwAmP”. 

It's not that great an idea.  Those are all board of director spots.  It's not like they're out there directly soliciting the DoD.

Lower grade procurement officers are probably more dangerous at defense contractors,

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It will never happen because it’s a stupid and meaningless idea. Which explains why you posted it was a great idea. Yeah this dumb shit will solve the problem.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Your trolling is sucking lately. Be better.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not that great an idea.  Those are all board of director spots.  It's not like they're out there directly soliciting the DoD.

Lower grade procurement officers are probably more dangerous at defense contractors,

I guess i’ll have to disagree. If there was no influence or advantage to be gained by having James Mattis on the Board of General Dynamics then I don’t think he’d be on there. It’s a multi billion dollar company. They don’t just give out Board seats. 

I think it would address the revolving door in the military.

The bigger beast would be the financial sector. People like Mnuchin or Eric Holder, or Tim Geithner are already corrupted before they come into government positions. But if you could limit their options going back out maybe they don’t sign up in the first place. 

• Fuck You 1