SMU at Southwest Texas State - 3:30 CST ESPN

Tailgate

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Is it that difficult for the commentators to watch the officials for the actual call on the field? 

This. Field judge was clearly waving his arms over his head marking the ball out at the 2, not making an incomplete signal. 

And fuck what a terrible call.

8 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Between ESPN’s scoreboard banner at the bottom and their news feeder below that, only about 2/3 of the screen is remaining for the actual game.  

And why do they insist on changing their banner every season?

That banner is so annoying.  I was hoping the banner got Covid-19 this season.  Almost like the Jumbotron music.  And I get all the youngins here pulling for Shane but I'm too old and remember the cheatin Pony Express.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

That's close to a touchdown? How fucking stupid are these guys?

Just now, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Apparently they've never heard of the process of completing the catch. Christ I don't know if I ever remember Lowell being this bad before. Yes, seriously.

That was far more of a catch than the SMU catch & fumble earlier. FWIW I thought they were both incompletions, but once the refs ruled that one a catch for SMU they should remain consistent.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That was far more of a catch than the SMU catch & fumble earlier. FWIW I thought they were both incompletions, but once the refs ruled that one a catch for SMU they should remain consistent.

I didn't really think either were a catch but I thought ours was a little closer.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It really wasn't. The SMU catch was obviously a catch. He secured the ball in his arm, took a step, and had it knocked out. Easy call. That one obviously wasn't. Two totally different rules applied, and they were both adjudicated correctly.

And I couldn't care less who wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Somewhere Gary Patterson is frantically trying to uncancel their game on Friday.

Now they can nervously lol at the claim of being scared but will have to deal with addressing covid. Wait, they'll likely give some generic statement and there is nothing anyone can do because they're private. Plus, safety for the kids.

I love how they talk about the mask and all that then the players are often not wearing them on the sidelines and that guy just took a swig off that powerade bottle and probably make mouth contact and the bottle went right back in the carrier

on the flip side they are testing these players 2 or 3 times a week so a very slim chance any are infected

6 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

It really wasn't. The SMU catch was obviously a catch. He secured the ball in his arm, took a step, and had it knocked out. Easy call. That one obviously wasn't. Two totally different rules applied, and they were both adjudicated correctly.

And I couldn't care less who wins.

You have a very liberal interpretation of the word “secured”, but ok. You and those refs would get along great.