2020 Heisman Trophy Race

satyanash

31 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Those handoffs to the other near heisman finalist are something too.

You mean the guy taking those handoffs from a Heisman finalist behind an NFL line with a Heisman finalist stretching the field.  

Such lazy voting. College football is hell-bent on returning to being a regional sport, only this time apparently just one region.

College football sucks ass right now. The same 3 teams that cheated their way to the top now have so much talent they end up in the playoffs every year, and because the Heisman is nothing more than the best player on the best team, they get Heisman nominations every year, and a top recruiting class every year because they are always in the playoffs and always getting Heisman nominations. It’s a stupid circle jerk that the fans of the other 20 programs are tired of watching every year. Eff college football.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, Dbeasy said:

College football sucks ass right now. The same 3 teams that cheated their way to the top now have so much talent they end up in the playoffs every year, and because the Heisman is nothing more than the best player on the best team, they get Heisman nominations every year, and a top recruiting class every year because they are always in the playoffs and always getting Heisman nominations. It’s a stupid circle jerk that the fans of the other 20 programs are tired of watching every year. Eff college football.

The Nick Saban era of dominance is undeniably great, but I can make a pretty long winded argument that his model, combined with the SEC model, ruined college football. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 8:47 PM, 4th&Five said:

I said the exact same thing after the ou game in ‘03 too. That’s the only thing that keeps me optimistic. Maybe Vince 2.0 is on his way...

I think that Casey 1.0 looked pretty fucking outstanding in 19 minutes in San Antonio. 

Looked like Justin 1.0 in New Orleans, but no cracked ribs