Can we have a serious thread about "Boaters for Trump"?

Gil Bang

Meh.  Blah. Blah. fucking blah.
That ain't the reason for all of the protests/ demonstrations.  It's the excuse a lot of the shitheads use.

I don't get the Trump boat thing or the people driving around town with Trump shit all over their vehicle.   It doesn't make sense to me.
It isn't hurting anything either though, nor are the boat thingies.  We can't say the same for the somewhat peaceful demonstrations in the past few months.
God you suck

Murder is an "excuse". Shitheads?

But honkys boating around with rebel flags is nbd.

Fuck off. I really used to enjoy going fishing or boating with less reminders of how many assholes are out there.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, PsychMike said:

Well, apparently Galveston had one yesterday, Offats Bayou style. "Over 2 dozen boats!" and that includes this inflatable gem;

5f5558db14a81.image.jpg?resize=1200,1507

I wish the newspaper would've asked these paddle boarding babes if they were involved or if not, what they thought about it.

5f5558dace975.image.jpg?resize=1200,613

What's the reason boaters come out to do this? Well Kenny here has a strong rationale:

Yes, Kenny, we are in dire straits. That's exactly why we need a new president, right?

I fucking hate these people.  Hate.  Fuck off you absolute oxygen thieves.

• Hook 'Em 3

Apparently my stepsister and BIL are involved with organizing one on Lake of the Ozarks in Misery. BIL is full blown nagger hatin', meskin hatin', queir hatin' Trumpkin. His head's all f'd up but otherwise he's a nice guy.

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

Apparently my stepsister and BIL are involved with organizing one on Lake of the Ozarks in Misery. BIL is full blown nagger hatin', meskin hatin', queir hatin' Trumpkin. His head's all f'd up but otherwise he's a nice guy.

But let's be clear, if asked he would swear that he's not a racist. It's not like he's ever burned a cross in someone's yard... 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wait a second. You lived in Norman AND Lubbock? Dang man. Next thing you’re gonna tell us is you plan on retiring in college station. 

I was born in Lubbock, tis true.  And hell no to College Station, I've had enough trauma for a lifetime...  What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I fucking hate these people.  Hate.  Fuck off you absolute oxygen thieves.

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

My dudes. They are doing about the least harmful thing they could do, parading in possibly-American-made boats. Everyone should get out on the water and join them.

Maybe in slightly different boats.

vikings.gif

arg-pirate-ship-black-flag-bg-207x165-ur

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I was born in Lubbock, tis true.  And hell no to College Station, I've had enough trauma for a lifetime...  What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?

Or gives you calcium deposits, one kidney, and a tendency to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PsychMike said:

Well, apparently Galveston had one yesterday, Offats Bayou style. "Over 2 dozen boats!" and that includes this inflatable gem;

5f5558db14a81.image.jpg?resize=1200,1507

I wish the newspaper would've asked these paddle boarding babes if they were involved or if not, what they thought about it.

What's the reason boaters come out to do this? Well Kenny here has a strong rationale:

Yes, Kenny, we are in dire straits. That's exactly why we need a new president, right?

3 trumpkin boats in these photos.  3 Yamaha outboards.   AMERICA FIRST!!!

59 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

God you suck

Murder is an "excuse". Shitheads?  Read the whole sentence, not just the part that rustled your jimmies.  

But honkys boating around with rebel flags is nbd.  I already said I don't "get" the demonstrations either.  Yet my lack of condemnation means I love them, right?

Fuck off. I really used to enjoy going fishing or boating with less reminders of how many assholes are out there.  Maybe that's exactly their mindset too.  a chance to get away from the other bullshit in life.   I feel your pain everytime I turn on sports and there's Some Black Lives Matter bullshit pasted everywhere.  that's probably not a problem in your book, though, right?

Hooray for your team!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But let's be clear, if asked he would swear that he's not a racist. It's not like he's ever burned a cross in someone's yard... 

He grew up and lived in rural South Carolina for half his life. I would not take that bet.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You and me Slorch, the few, the proud, the well traveled gentlemen hailing from Lubbock.  

I lived there for about 10 years.  I don't really consider it my hometown.  I would get a kick out of a boat parade of any kind  on Buffalo Springs Lake though...

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

I lived there for about 10 years.  I don't really consider it my hometown.  I would get a kick out of a boat parade of any kind  on Buffalo Springs Lake though...

Yep, I know...was just a joke. I lived there for the first 18 months of my life.  I left kicking, screaming, and crying...out of pure joy. 

These boat things are indicative of the Trump campaign as a whole.  They're not at all geared toward persuading anybody to vote for Trump.  If anything, they have the opposite effect.

Their only goal is to make people who already support Trump feel better about doing so.

That's really a weird decision the campaign has made.  It would make sense if Trump had a small majority of support and was trying to hang on to that, but he doesn't.  Not even close.  If he holds on to the support he has now and doesn't expand it at all, he loses.  But neither he, his campaign, nor his supporters seem to recognize that.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

These boat things are indicative of the Trump campaign as a whole.  They're not at all geared toward persuading anybody to vote for Trump.  If anything, they have the opposite effect.

Their only goal is to make people who already support Trump feel better about doing so.

That's really a weird decision the campaign has made.  It would make sense if Trump had a small majority of support and was trying to hang on to that, but he doesn't.  Not even close.  If he holds on to the support he has now and doesn't expand it at all, he loses.  But neither he, his campaign, nor his supporters seem to recognize that.

That bitch on Fox, Jeanine pirro or whatever her name is spelled out why this is so although not on purpose. When talking about the polls and about how shitty they are for trump she initially didn’t disbelieve them enough then corrected herself by stating what about the boats?

Trump knows he will lose so he’s just trying to stir up his idiotic base to claim the vote showing him losing overwhelmingly isn’t legit. 

He wants a trumpkin revolution. He ain’t gonna get it. 

1 minute ago, relapse98 said:

Around me, they tend to be the methy kind of interesting. Canyon is finally turning a little more affluent, but there are some meth head families. that have been there since the lake was built.

Operation: Crystal Lake-39 Arrested In Comal County

Yep. I'm thinking like north shore lake travis, cooking meth in a trailer in jonestown kind of interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That bitch on Fox, Jeanine pirro or whatever her name is spelled out

Crayest of the Cray. I would grudge skullfuck her over Nancy Grace, but it would be a tough decision.

Edited by RPM
This post may not be 2020 compliant.

What are the boating laws regarding speed & wake in proximity to swimmers, etc.?  I'm not a boater, but it seems like these shitheads are putting the paddleboard gals at significant risk.  Can they just go as fast as they want if they're not in a no wake or speed-restricted area?

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What are the boating laws regarding speed & wake in proximity to swimmers, etc.?  I'm not a boater, but it seems like these shitheads are putting the paddleboard gals at significant risk.  Can they just go as fast as they want if they're not in a no wake or speed-restricted area?

Is that Kenny Fuckin Powers driving that boat? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep, I know...was just a joke. I lived there for the first 18 months of my life.  I left kicking, screaming, and crying...out of pure joy. 

I was born there and my parents graciously led me to the exit when I was 2.  I still have family there, so I've been a few times since, but man, not a place that I miss.

Maybe I've missed it, and I know our President has called out the bikers that support him...but where are the hoards of bikers parading through our towns and cities with the self-identifying  "I'M MAGA MOTHERFUCKERS" flag or two attached?  Or now that Labor Day is behind us, is that coming in the next month or so?

ROT was canceled this year but I guarantee it’d been a Trump fest, at least with those staying out there in the camp/RV spots.  They already do all kinds of inconsiderate, loud, dangerous shit anyways so not sure you’d see much different from a normal year anyways.  Say this as someone who’s been going for 15 years, even after I sold my bike, just to hang with friends and people watch.  

5 hours ago, slorch said:

I lived there for a few years in the mid 90s.  I too would like to see that boat parade - I dated a girl whose parents had a place out there and ran some little store/food joint out there.  Some fond memories, and I damn near did something stupid and tried to swim down to the bottom at the deepest part (only about 50 feet down), but thankfully I turned around and didn't drown (I was not in good control of myself, alcohol and machismo may have been slightly involved).

"BOASTERS FOR TRUMP!" 

Seriously, a dozen of them sunk a half dozen other boats.  Can we even realistically call those 18 dumbasses "Boaters"?  It's impossible they're that stupid. 

19 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Regarding those tools getting their boats swamped on Lake Travis:

Was the lake choppy that day, or was the chop caused by all the wakes? Were the boats overloaded and thus riding too low in the water?

Because in some of those pics, it appears the waves swamping the boats are wakes. And I can totally imagine trumptards overloading their boats.

Also, were any rats seen fleeing the sinking boats?

They were likely anchored. I guess you know about as much as they do about operating a boat

• Fuck You 1