PGA Tour 2K21 PS4

Fudbelty

I know its based on The Golf Club from a few years back which I had and really never got into it. It was too inconsistent, especially on putts/chips to be any fun. A couple of the reviews I watched said that this game play was definitely more forgiving than the originals, so that's definitely a good thing. In my mind the joysticks on the PS4 controllers are too loose to be consistent. I never got into Tiger Woods much either. Tried it with the motion controllers, but it seemed inconsistent and I have a bad back and it would get sore if I played it alot. TW also sucked because you'd start off with a driver that went about 14 yards and couldn't even reach the fairways in some cases. While Tiger Woods sucked because the club progression was not well done, it sounds like there isn't much in the way of club progression/upgrades in this game. A little disappointing, but it takes specific design considerations in order to make that feasible and if you're using actual courses, you don't have the ability to be creative - one of the things that Playdemic actually does a pretty good job with on Golf Clash.

I love course designers though, and it sounds like that is pretty robust on this game. The originals were a little clunky - never made more than a few holes and never completed a full 9 holes.

This review seems about how I felt with The Golf Club games - seems like its better, but not really there yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/reviews/pga-tour-k-is-par-course/

How do societies work? Do you play against other players in the Society? Against other Societies? Do you have to schedule and play at certain times, e.g., are you playing head to head at the same time or do you just play a round and see what score you get?

I’ve enjoyed it so far. The Golf Club games got about 2 hours of play from me then nothing. This one I’m actually around 12 rounds deep.

Societies are basically clubs where the admin creates a tournament and then all the players compete in it. You can set an end date so if players need More time then there’s time. You don’t play other society’s but you can join multiple.