Waterproof mattress covers

mattress warranty says it needs a protector or they won't honor the warranty (there's so many exceptions i doubt the thing is worth the paper its printed on, but might as well try).  the one i got from target was plasticky and went back.  the one i got from costco was heavy and hot.  guess i'll try the bamboo one from amazon. 

Unless its plastic/vinyl it's only waterproof for a certain amount of time.  If your kids wake you up in the middle of the night to tell you they wet the bed, then it'll work.  If they piss themselves, take their clothes off and just switch to the other side of the bed and you dont find out until the next day, then it might soak through.

You might try a plastic cover, with a thicker cushy pad on top, then a fittted sheet. 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:07 AM, elfenix said:

mattress warranty says it needs a protector or they won't honor the warranty (there's so many exceptions i doubt the thing is worth the paper its printed on, but might as well try).  the one i got from target was plasticky and went back.  the one i got from costco was heavy and hot.  guess i'll try the bamboo one from amazon. 

Mattress warranty for a toddler bed...nice humble brag