Small dumpster rental

We are moving and going to have a bunch of shit to get rid of. I think more than we can just Andy Dufresne out in our trashcans over the next few weeks, maybe some stuff that can be donated (not sure how Goodwill is working in the times of COVID), but probably also a lot of garbage. I may make a few truck trips to Creedmoor to just drop stuff off at the landfill, but am wondering if anyone has a recommendation or advice for services to use or avoid. Lets assume South Austin's mom's dumpster is full.

7 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

This is who I use most often.

I'm pretty sure prices were consistent the last time I used them, however I have not needed one in over 9 months, therefore I cannot guarantee accuracy.6317eb192c50adc9f03f12fea9cb459e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Upon reading the OP,  my thought was "I'll bet dumpsters in TX are cheaper than out here".  Upon reading ROFL's post, 'WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK THAT'S STUPID EXPENSIVE FOR A DUMPSTER!!!

Actually, it's only a bit higher that out here.   I've found that calling a craigslist guy is cheaper.  Two mexicans with a POS Chevy truck and an old trailer with bald tires show up, load everything up, and haul it away for a couple hundred. (at least that's my experience)   Much better deal than a dumpster.   Try that. 

38 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Upon reading the OP,  my thought was "I'll bet dumpsters in TX are cheaper than out here".  Upon reading ROFL's post, 'WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK THAT'S STUPID EXPENSIVE FOR A DUMPSTER!!!

Actually, it's only a bit higher that out here.   I've found that calling a craigslist guy is cheaper.  Two mexicans with a POS Chevy truck and an old trailer with bald tires show up, load everything up, and haul it away for a couple hundred. (at least that's my experience)   Much better deal than a dumpster.   Try that. 

This. I posted a junk haul away job on Thumbtack last year. Within 30 minutes,  there was a dude at my house with a truck and trailer. Filled that thing up with all the junk that we had moved into the garage and was out of there. Paid him $150 as I recall. 

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

We set a couch out by the road yesterday. Inside of an hour, it was gone.

Anything household item I have ever put on the curb for bulk pickup has been gone by the next time I thought to look out the window.  I don’t even bother to request bulk pickup from the city anymore, just seems like a waste of everyone’s time.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

And if you show up with the junk not covered by a tarp, they’ll tack on an extra $100 in case you littered on your way there.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to loading up the bed of my truck with garbage and driving it down to Creedmoor, but I am curious about how that works and didn't know that bit up there.  Good to know. Do you roll up, pay some money, drive in, and just check bags of trash in an... area they have for people to do that or something?

I'm hoping it doesn't come to loading up the bed of my truck with garbage and driving it down to Creedmoor, but I am curious about how that works and didn't know that bit up there.  Good to know. Do you roll up, pay some money, drive in, and just check bags of trash in an... area they have for people to do that or something?

Haven’t gone in a decade but back then they’d pull out a tape measure to get a rough idea of volume and eyeball a charge. They’d swipe card there. No matter the load, it had to be covered with a secured tarp otherwise you’d get the fine tacked on. You just drove to the dump station and threw your shit over the edge.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can’t remember the name of the company because it was 5-6 years ago, but they were essentially like the Craigslist deal with a dude and a trailer, except they had a legitimate dump truck wrapped with graphics and 3 employees show up. It was way cheaper than the dumpster I was prepared to bring in. Added huge benefit was I just had to point at what I wanted trashed and they did everything.