Southern Miss fires HC Jay Hopson

texifornia

If we are to believe the release from the University, the coach approached the AD to “discuss what was on his heart,” and after a few days, they decided it was best to make a change. I know the feeling, sometimes you just don’t want to deal with the bullshit anymore. I see other accounts call it a resignation, not a firing. 

I’ve literally never heard of the guy before I saw this thread, so I don’t have a dog in the hunt.

(If the tweet I posted below has merit, then I do have a dog in the hunt, Hopson seems like he sucks.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

If we are to believe the release from the University, the coach approached the AD to “discuss what was on his heart,” and after a few days, they decided it was best to make a change. I know the feeling, sometimes you just don’t want to deal with the bullshit anymore. I see other accounts call it a resignation, not a firing. 

I’ve literally never heard of the guy before I saw this thread, so I don’t have a dog in the hunt.

“Sir, I’m glad you asked. What is on my heart is that I’ve been lying to my friends, my family, and to you and the entire Southern Miss family. I’m going to come clean - I love little boys, always have. And to show how much I mean this, I’m going to blow a 9 year old at the 50 prior to kickoff of our next game. Thanks for asking”

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

When was the last time an fbs coach was fired one game into a season?

I am thinking it has to be when Arkansas fired its head coach after losing the opener to The Citadel around 1990 or thereabouts.  But I am sure someone will correct me if it has happened since then.

4 minutes ago, ScottS said:

I am thinking it has to be when Arkansas fired its head coach after losing the opener to The Citadel around 1990 or thereabouts.  But I am sure someone will correct me if it has happened since then.

I was going to say the Citadel was the last one and maybe the first one also.

42 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Bonus points if you can name the Arkansas OC for that game.

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

tumblr_mmye39UzpL1qzhisqo1_400.gif

And Briles and [former athletic director Ian] McCaw allegedly discussed a gang rape that involved five football players. Rather than go through proper channels to report the incident, McCaw kept it in house and went to Briles and his staff.

“When he did, Coach Briles studied the names on the piece of paper. ‘Those are some bad dudes,’ Coach Briles told (an assistant) coach,” the document states. “ ’Why was she around those guys?’ ”