Puerto Rico Suffers Island-Wide Power Outage

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:
6 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Can anyone give a non-CR explanation of why this is still an issue? Lack of money from their debt?

Pretty much, this, no CR:

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

My understanding is that the entire grid is/was a piece of shit and high levels of corruption kept it that way.   

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

Can anyone give a non-CR explanation of why this is still an issue? Lack of money from their debt?

The electric utility spends all their money paying off dept instead of maintaining the electrical grid. They also give free electricity to all the cities and aren't that great on collecting on debts. They have been raising rates for years to pay off the debts, so residents cut back more and more on their usage. 

New neighbor is an engineer that has been working three weeks a month to restore utilities in Puerto Rico since the disaster. From what I gather the local government there is highly corrupt and damn near impossible to deal with in a logical manner. Kind of like here, but cubed.

9 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

New neighbor is an engineer that has been working three weeks a month to restore utilities in Puerto Rico since the disaster. From what I gather the local government there is highly corrupt and damn near impossible to deal with in a logical manner. Kind of like here, but cubed.

So pretty much like 80% of the world.