Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/09/01/jerry-rice-jimmy-garoppolo-dak-prescott-nfl-cowboys-49ers/

jerry rice’s opinion means exponentially more than any dak-apologist keyboard jockeys posting in this thread.  period.  he knows more than you and his evaluation means more than yours.  garappolo is better than dak.  get over it. 

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/09/01/jerry-rice-jimmy-garoppolo-dak-prescott-nfl-cowboys-49ers/

jerry rice’s opinion means exponentially more than any dak-apologist keyboard jockeys posting in this thread.  period.  he knows more than you and his evaluation means more than yours.  garappolo is better than dak.  get over it. 

You mean the same Jerry Rice who played for the Niners for like 15 years?  Wake me up with Michael Irvin has that take or anyone else who isn't biased. 

• Hook 'Em 1

skip bayless was just doing his job.  all the outrage about it is goddamn ridiculous. people are so fucking delicate. 
Agreed. People saying he should be fired and how does he have a job lmao. Clueless. This is why he gets paid the money he does. I enjoy seeing people get riled up because of him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Not downplaying the seriousness of the fires, but doesn’t the new LA stadium have a roof that can be closed?

The air quality inside such a large building will be fairly dependent on the outside air. They can't use HEPA filters for that volume of air. 

However, the lack of 70000 bodies might be enough to just seal up the building while maintaining good CO2 levels. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Any comparisons yet of zeke’s contract to cook and kamara’s new ones?

AAV are similar to Kamara's at 15 million per.  However, we guaranteed a ton more.  50m vs 34.3m for Kamara.  Timing of the deal matters as does draft position (1st round vs non), so we basically guaranteed Zeke's 4th and 5th year rookie option and then extended him 3 more years for 15m per.  Kamara looks a little less but I haven't seen the exact structure and early report often get the structure wrong.  I'm going to guess Kamara's is more like a 4 chassis rather than the 5 in structure we gave Zeke.  Not saying we have to keep him 5, but it'll cost us dead cap money to get out of the deal before....

39 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

AAV are similar to Kamara's at 15 million per.  However, we guaranteed a ton more.  50m vs 34.3m for Kamara.  Timing of the deal matters as does draft position (1st round vs non), so we basically guaranteed Zeke's 4th and 5th year rookie option and then extended him 3 more years for 15m per.  Kamara looks a little less but I haven't seen the exact structure and early report often get the structure wrong.  I'm going to guess Kamara's is more like a 4 chassis rather than the 5 in structure we gave Zeke.  Not saying we have to keep him 5, but it'll cost us dead cap money to get out of the deal before....

Zeke’s deal is essentially a 4 year contract including the last 2 years of his rookie deal.  He’ll likely not see the remaining 3 years of that deal.  Just made it easier to spread money.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Zeke’s deal is essentially a 4 year contract including the last 2 years of his rookie deal.  He’ll likely not see the remaining 3 years of that deal.  Just made it easier to spread money.  

We'll eat dead money then.... Not a ton but it'll be there.  I think they'd like to use him up over that 5 year span and let him go.  Obviously if injury or ineffectiveness creep in, then they can just eat the hit and release him but it looks like the intent was a 5 year deal including the last 2 years of his rookie deal.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We'll eat dead money then.... Not a ton but it'll be there.  I think they'd like to use him up over that 5 year span and let him go.  Obviously if injury or ineffectiveness creep in, then they can just eat the hit and release him but it looks like the intent was a 5 year deal including the last 2 years of his rookie deal.

He basically has this year and next year of guaranteed money.  There is like $5mm dead money after that.  

Edited by Trey3216

On 9/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 9/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, futureman said:
skip bayless was just doing his job.  all the outrage about it is goddamn ridiculous. people are so fucking delicate. 

Agreed. People saying he should be fired and how does he have a job lmao. Clueless. This is why he gets paid the money he does. I enjoy seeing people get riled up because of him.

He's not getting paid to say stuff his employer has to admonish him and issue a public apology over. Her probably never comments on a players mental health issues in that way again

Edited by Wanker Bob

5 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

He's not getting paid to say stuff his employer has to admonish him and issue a public apology over. Her probably never comments on a players mental health issues in that way again

That press release was as generic as could be and no big deal. They are trying to save face for the PR spin to pretend they care and to point to it if anyone brings it up. They love the attention Skip gets and is the reason they wanted him.

Until they actually replace him or suspend him for a good amount of time for this, they didn't care.