Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

I know exactly what it is I'm just saying that's a terrible term because the team isn't saving anything. They are just cutting a player to lessen the cap hit of that player but it doesn't eliminate it, and they no longer have the player so they are taking a hit but getting zero service. That's the opposite of savings. But anyway it's not a big deal just a pet peeve of mine when hearing that term in this instance. 

Jesus man, they get to sign or resign another player with the SAVINGS from cutting that player. Not sure what's confusing. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We can definitely afford it.

We just don't value the safety position. At all. Which is why we had Heath as a starter here for years.They don't value DTs, either. They try and go cheap at both positions and it rears its head every single year. Seattle's safeties when it was Kam and Earl Thomas was a big reason why their secondary was some of the best as a unit in the modern day NFL. You can be much more aggressive at the DB position when you know you have safeties behind you that will be doing their assignments and will be able to help you. Our safeties are never in position to do shit and they are slow. Which is why we see WRs running free every week. 

Roy Williams was 10x better than what we have now and he was just average at the very best.

Part of it may be the Cowboys want to roll over as much cap space as they can into next year's cap in order to sign Dak.  

16 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Jesus man, they get to sign or resign another couple players with the SAVINGS from cutting that player. Not sure what's confusing. 

FIFY

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

People that live in the Dallas area. This can’t be real, right:

First chance Dak gets to explore new options, he’s gonna jump on that. And quotes like that tell me we’re about to play this same game that we played last year with his negotiations.

First chance players get jump ship. Seriously? Dak is the reason? Omfg? Fuck you Jerry! Fuck you ad your family! Too proud to put Jimmy in the “ring of bullshit” your daughter is a cunt. Die in a fire fucker.

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

First chance players get jump ship. Seriously? Dak is the reason? Omfg? Fuck you Jerry! Fuck you ad your family! Too proud to put Jimmy in the “ring of bullshit” your daughter is a cunt. Die in a fire fucker.

are you ok?  you've been quite personal in your attacks lately.  i don't know if that's your standard MO so just checking... 

14 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

People that live in the Dallas area. This can’t be real, right:

First chance Dak gets to explore new options, he’s gonna jump on that. And quotes like that tell me we’re about to play this same game that we played last year with his negotiations.

I hate Jerrah..... with the power of a 1000 suns, but I hate when folks post stupid and incendiary takes of easily understood taped material.  Clarence should know and be better.

Jerrah's senile so it can be hard to put together his mush mouth, but he was actually praising Dak while comparing his ability to extend plays to Mahomes and Tony.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I hate Jerrah..... with the power of a 1000 suns, but I hate when folks post stupid and incendiary takes of easily understood taped material.  Clarence should know and be better.

Jerrah's senile so it can be hard to put together his mush mouth, but he was actually praising Dak while comparing his ability to extend plays to Mahomes and Tony.

I gotcha. I should’ve considered the source on that one

34 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

are you ok?  you've been quite personal in your attacks lately.  i don't know if that's your standard MO so just checking... 

I hate JJ and his cunt kids. Did I attack u personally? No. Do I negatively rep anyone or report anyone? No. Wtf? Jerruh and his cunt daughter can jump off his “boat” and drown. 

I hate JJ and his cunt kids. Did I attack u personally? No. Do I negatively rep anyone or report anyone? No. Wtf? Jerruh and his cunt daughter can jump off his “boat” and drown. 

From another thread you also apparently hate Tom Herman and his wife. You're coming off quite unhinged, not sure if that's normal for you but it can't be healthy.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

From another thread you also apparently hate Tom Herman and his wife. You're coming off quite unhinged, not sure if that's normal for you but it can't be healthy.

Whatever Huckleberry! You seem awfully judgmental. And stalker-y. Not sure I follow anyone’s posts from thread to thread. Don’t hate Tom. Just think he’s not up to the job. His wife is beautiful. Everyone knows this. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Except if you listen to what Jerry said, it's actually nothing bad at all.

Also, stop with that calling someone a stalker nonsense. So he remembered an incendiary thing you said in another thread, wow what a stalker.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Except if you listen to what Jerry said, it's actually nothing bad at all.

Also, stop with that calling someone a stalker nonsense. So he remembered an incendiary thing you said in another thread, wow what a stalker.

Listen Charlotte, I do not care about your feelings.i said something inconsiderate sorry incendiary? Go piss off your boat. 

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Lol.   Can’t wait for that regard to insert his regard opinions.  So you’re one of the 17 people getting him ratings?

Work from home. Jerry sucks. 
As far as I Know... there are four celebrities (like more money than us) on this thread. Lots more on the regular stuff. 

they broke it down on the ticket this morning.  against teams with .500 records or better dak is 6-17 and has thrown 25 tds and 25 interceptions.  he’s a goddamn fraud who wins shit games that don’t matter and pads stats and makes abject morons cheer for him and think he’s great.  he’s holding america’s team hostage for money he doesn’t deserve.  he’s a terrorist and a cancer.  fuck him.  jerry knows dak sucks and thank god he does. 

Edited by futureman

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

they broke it down on the ticket this morning.  against teams with .500 records or better dak is 6-17 and has thrown 25 tds and 25 interceptions.  he’s a goddamn fraud who wins shit games that don’t matter and pads stats and makes abject morons cheer for him and think he’s great.  he’s holding america’s team hostage for money he doesn’t deserve.  he’s a terrorist and a cancer.  fuck him.  jerry knows dak sucks and thank god he does. 

Not only are you wrong. You’re wrong at the top of your voice.

• Hook 'Em 1

But, yeah we should definitely be breaking down the door for him.  /sarcasm

Honestly, I'm on board with them bringing in ET, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't. Something is going on there. EVERY team in the league needs Secondary help, and he isn't getting many looks, and when he does that happens.  So if they add him, great...hope he helps, but I'm not going to have high hopes.

BTW, I think we're about to see a bit of an uptick.  Cowboys will be 5-3 at the halfway mark.  I know everyone is saying "'It's the same as it always was" but we have actual evidence it is not just from this past game alone.

We've seen this team go on the road and completely shift from an aggressive team to a conservative one, and when one damned injury happens, they shut it down even more(Like Amari/Cobb vs the Jets).  We also saw for years absolutely NO in game adjustments or help being provided.  

We literally saw WR's get hurt in this game, and the next guy up produced dividends.  We ACTUALLY saw them adjust the OL when they figured out that current configuration just was not going to work. 

They're being more aggressive and attacking more.  Yes that means there will be more mistakes when you're forcing the ball, but it comes with the territory.  Protecting the football under Garrett didn't lead to much, so why not change it up?

The only REAL issue is STILL the Defensive Secondary and Special Teams.  I really did not think it could be worse than last year...and whew shit is it bad. I really was way off on saying they couldn't be worse.

On the plus side I don't think there's many more on our schedule that will absolutely destroy our secondary like Russ and the ATL Offense with those weapons.  Plus McVay and his system that seems to just have the Cowboys number.

Like I said, they'll still be 2-2 after this week and 5-3 after 8 games.  After that, just figure out how to sneak a few more wins in games most don't' think you will.

Edited by Drew
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

BTW, I think we're about to see a bit of an uptick.  Cowboys will be 5-3 at the halfway mark.  I know everyone is saying "'It's the same as it always was" but we have actual evidence it is not just from this past game alone.

We've seen this team go on the road and completely shift from an aggressive team to a conservative one, and when one damned injury happens, they shut it down even more(Like Amari/Cobb vs the Jets).  We also saw for year absolutely NO in game adjustments or help being provided.  

We literally saw WR's get hurt in this game, and the next guy up produced dividends.  We ACTUALLY saw them adjust the OL when they figured out that current configuration just was not going to work. 

They're being more aggressive and attacking more.  Yes that means there will be more mistakes when you're forcing the ball, but it comes with the territory.  Protecting the football under Garrett didn't lead to much, so why not change it up.

The only REAL issue is STILL the Defensive Secondary and Special Teams.  I really did not think it could be worse than last year...and whew shit is it bad.  

Like I said, they'll still be 2-2 after this week and 5-3 after 8 games.  After that, just figure out how to sneak a few more wins in games most don't' think you will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

I'm just trying to be positive, without being a sunshine pumper.  I thought they'd win 10+ games.  Now I'm thinking more like 9 at best.  But we'll see.  

It's bad...but thanks to our division and offense, not that bad.

• Hook 'Em 1