Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Drew said:

But we should definitely be breaking down the door for him.

I'm on board with them bringing in ET, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't. Something is going on there. EVERY team in the league needs Secondary help, and he isn't getting many looks, and when he does that happens.

BTW, I think we're about to see a bit of an uptick.  Cowboys will be 5-3 at the halfway mark.  I know everyone is saying "'It's the same as it always was" but we have actual evidence it is not just from this past game alone.

We've seen this team go on the road and completely shift from an aggressive team to a conservative one, and when one damned injury happens, they shut it down even more(Like Amari/Cobb vs the Jets).  We also saw for year absolutely NO in game adjustments or help being provided.  

We literally saw WR's get hurt in this game, and the next guy up produced dividends.  We ACTUALLY saw them adjust the OL when they figured out that current configuration just was not going to work. 

They're being more aggressive and attacking more.  Yes that means there will be more mistakes when you're forcing the ball, but it comes with the territory.  Protecting the football under Garrett didn't lead to much, so why not change it up.

The only REAL issue is STILL the Defensive Secondary and Special Teams.  I really did not think it could be worse than last year...and whew shit is it bad.  

Like I said, they'll still be 2-2 after this week and 5-3 after 8 games.  After that, just figure out how to sneak a few more wins in games most don't' think you will.

TL (good read) the Texans just went thru a gauntlet of shit (honestly) brutal 3 games. Either ET’s asking price is too high (for BoB) or something isn’t right. ITA. Earl is easily one of my favorite players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all kind of want Earl on the team...but it's not the same Earl from 2015 anymore.  If he helps, great.  But I'm not sure he's the impact player people think.  It's perception again.

Of course he's probably not worse than what they have, so....

I think Brady is a shell of his former self(like Brees), and by the end of the year both can be beaten.  Doesn't mean it will happen. People are so stuck in what they've seen and the last decade plus, that they can't fathom Dallas ever being able to beat anyone ever again.

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Honestly this team is losing to Cleveland and Baker is gonna throw for 300 plus.  Dark times 

Have you seen their running game? Bc teams I like (hey UT looking at you) seem to give records I will assume the Browns will have two RBs run for a record setting stat.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Brady is a shell of his former self(like Brees), and by the end of the year both can be beaten.  Doesn't mean it will happen. People are so stuck in what they've seen and the last decade plus, that they can't fathom Dallas ever being able to beat anyone ever again.

Well because they always lose to good teams.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Who likes tacos???

I was told by cowboys media that “the only reason we wanted JJ Watt was because of his brother. If his name was TJ smith we wouldn’t want him. So settle down. Will mcclay and this coaching staff know what they’re looking for. Maybe let them do their job and stop playing arm chair qb”

hmm

I wonder how Juan Thornhill and chancey Garner Johnson are doing. Because trysten hill can’t even alligator roll and intentionally fuck up someone’s knee the right way. 

I know I’m cynical cowboys fan, but am I the only person that feels like there’s a very real chance that we lose to the Browns? The formula is there. Run the ball down our throat with the best running game in football. Keep our offense off the field with said running game. We shoot our selves in the foot enough times and put way too much pressure on our offense to win the game, and Myles Garrett has a field day against the 2nd team oline that we’re trotting out there (resulting in a few turnovers). I wanna be wrong, but this formula just seems too obvious that it just seems like it’s going to play out exactly like that. If we jump out to an early lead we should be fine, but what’s jumping out to an early lead? I’ve never seen us do that before? How does that work?

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know I’m cynical cowboys fan, but am I the only person that feels like there’s a very real chance that we lose to the Browns? The formula is there. Run the ball down our throat with the best running game in football. Keep our offense off the field with said running game. We shoot our selves in the foot enough times and put way too much pressure on our offense to win the game, and Myles Garrett has a field day against the 2nd team oline that we’re trotting out there (resulting in a few turnovers). I wanna be wrong, but this formula just seems too obvious that it just seems like it’s going to play out exactly like that. If we jump out to an early lead we should be fine, but what’s jumping out to an early lead? I’ve never seen us do that before? How does that work?

We can't protect the QB.  Will that get better?  Maybe a little if we keep Zack out at RT.  aggy will probably be a terror to stop.

We can't defend the pass.  Will that get better?  Probably not much, the Browns aren't nearly the threat in the passing game as Baker can really only read playside most of the time.  

We can't defend the run.  Will that get better?  We're okay vs the run but can't stop it when we need to.  Browns have the best backfield we've seen thus far.  Nick Chubb is an absolute stud and Kareem Hunt is pretty great too.

Will our special teams stop being special needs?  That's really a question nobody can answer.  I'll say maybe we won't commit so many mistakes.

Can our in game coaching get better?  It can, but McCarthy isn't some young pup getting his ears wet.  He sort of is what he is.  Doubt much changes.  Was always his rep with GB, not a good in game manager.

So...... looks like shit is up to the offense to outscore the Browns.  Same verse, same as the first.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We can't protect the QB.  Will that get better?  Maybe a little if we keep Zack out at RT.  aggy will probably be a terror to stop.

We can't defend the pass.  Will that get better?  Probably not much, the Browns aren't nearly the threat in the passing game as Baker can really only read playside most of the time.  

We can't defend the run.  Will that get better?  We're okay vs the run but can't stop it when we need to.  Browns have the best backfield we've seen thus far.  Nick Chubb is an absolutel stud and Kareem Hunt is pretty great too.

Will our special teams stop being special needs?  That's really a question nobody can answer.  I'll say maybe we won't commit so many mistakes.

Can our in game coaching get better?  It can, but McCarthy isn't some young pup getting his ears wet.  He sort of is what he is.  Doubt much changes.  Was always his rep with GB, not a good in game manager.

So...... looks like shit is up to the offense to outscore the Browns.  Same verse, same as the first.  

To be honest, I don’t even know if we’re actually ok against the run. I think this is the first true test for our run defense. I just don’t like our chances if Chubb and Hunt really get going, and I don’t see how that doesn’t happen. 

Looks like a clear trip to me. Hence why Dak loses his balance and almost falls. But of course it isn't called. Dallas 100% would have had that called against them, though. Especially against Russell Wilson. I think what is lost on this play by so many is how can there be that much pressure on a 3 man rush when Seattle is tired and not even trying to really create any pressure? This OL fucking blows.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Looks like a clear trip to me. Hence why Dak loses his balance and almost falls. But of course it isn't called. Dallas 100% would have had that called against them, though. Especially against Russell Wilson. I think what is lost on this play by so many is how can there be that much pressure on a 3 man rush when Seattle is tired and not even trying to really create any pressure? This OL fucking blows.

Edited by Alex Karev

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Earl Thomas must be asking for too much. No other reason nobody will take him, unless his skeletons are worse than what's been reported. 

The rumor is he's been a bad locker room guy for awhile.  You put up with it when he's playing at an All Pro level, but once you lose a step.....

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is also a problem. Yes, the OL is in shambles and is not opening any holes. But Zeke looks slow out there many times. Not making anyone miss. No real cuts. Looks lethargic and disinterested (especially in the Seattle game). Make a fucking play at some point.

120706216_2741578726131600_6387656373086

He looked great in the rams game IMO. The other games he could never really get in a rhythm running the ball because of game script. Maybe not, but that’s how I’ve seen it.

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, I know it isn’t just as simple as sacks, but just know that between the dolphins and the chiefs, Taco has more sacks than D-Law from the time we released Taco. Not good. Pressures matter, but sacks get turnover and change drives. Not good at all.

Pressures actually create more turnovers than sacks.  But the Cowboys only have 2 DB’s that can catch and one of them is too far away from his receiver to ever get a chance to catch 

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Pressures actually create more turnovers than sacks.  But the Cowboys only have 2 DB’s that can catch and one of them is too far away from his receiver to ever get a chance to catch 

I guess I was thinking more strip sacks, and sacks on passing downs that kill drives. You’re right though. Except for the qbs we’ve faced so far this year lol. But I don’t know how many pressures we have this year compared to other teams, and I’m too lazy to look it up.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He looked great in the rams game IMO. The other games he could never really get in a rhythm running the ball because of game script. Maybe not, but that’s how I’ve seen it.

he did kill that guy for the falcons on his 1 yard td.  that was impressive. 

Lulz

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/09/30/ezekiel-elliott-ryback-wwe-trademark-feed-me-legal-battle-nfl-cowboys/

Ex-WWE star Ryback is threatening a legal war with Ezekiel Elliott ... claiming the Cowboys player has NO RIGHT to get a "Feed Me" trademark -- despite the RB's new tat.

"I'll tie him up for years," Ryback said this week. "He ain't using it. So he better get a good tattoo artist to go have him cover that sh*tty tattoo up on his stomach."

If you're unfamiliar, Ryback popularized the phrase "Feed Me More" during his time in the WWE -- and it became so big, crowds chanted it at arenas for YEARS.

Ryback says he believes Elliott -- a wrestling fanatic -- actually STOLE his whole "Feed Me" bit from watching him in the squared circle.

To be fair, this isn't anything new for Zeke ... he's been doing his "Feed Me" routine since he entered the NFL in 2016 -- and even got a massive tat on his belly to immortalize it this offseason.

Unclear how the trademark office will rule on the decision, but Ryback says he's more than willing to fight the legal battle against Elliott over the phrase.

In the meantime, he's slamming the NFL All-Pro for even attempting to make the move.

"I think it's low-life, scum sh*t, quite frankly," Ryback said ... "You're literally trying to latch onto somebody else's brand and then take it and make it your own."

Ryback continued, "It's like, come on, be a little more creative."

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Where are the stats on this?  The pressure or pressure rate isn't an official NFL stat as multiple vendors and teams do their own tracking on it, but would be interested in seeing this.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Where are the stats on this?  The pressure or pressure rate isn't an official NFL stat as multiple vendors and teams do their own tracking on it, but would be interested in seeing this.

I can’t remember which stat it is, but PFF has a bunch of analysis on sacks vs pressures as the genesis of defensive turnovers.  

Sacks are most certainly drive killers, but there is a lot of noise in the sack statistic.   One such being that a player can rack up sack stats when it was really another player that generated the pressure to cause a sack.  DLaw generates a shit ton of pressures 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don't think he has looked great in any game. In that Rams game, 22 carries for 96 yards. Is that bad? No. But that tells me he never broke anything at all. 3 catches for 30 yards. Again, nothing big. And his ypc has declined each game and is now 3.8. That would be ok for Pollard but this is Zeke, the guy they drafted with the 4th pick, designed the offense around and gave a big extension to. If Zeke is not bringing any big plays to the table at all and defenses don't have to key in on him, his value goes way down. Any middle of the road RB can give you that. He is not the same as he used to be.