Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Slater just tweeted this. Players are throwing coaches under the bus publicly to a reporter already 

players initially bought into keeping things internal. Now as they sit 2-4 the discontent is leaking out. On the coaching staff “totally unprepared. They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another “they just aren’t good at their jobs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

Damn Slater just tweeted this. Players are throwing coaches under the bus publicly to a reporter already 

players initially bought into keeping things internal. Now as they sit 2-4 the discontent is leaking out. On the coaching staff “totally unprepared. They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another “they just aren’t good at their jobs

Dallas or Texas? 

22 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Yup. Already lost the locker room. I blinked and they went from praising the new staff for trying new things and not being predictable, to throwing them under the bus.

Slater's comments.

6 games into his tenure and you're hearing the same criticisms about McCarthy and his staff you did in GB.  He doesn't adjust.  He's a poor game manager.  They don't coach hard enough.  Etc, etc.  Now, is this all on the coaching staff?  Fuck no.  Nobody should have to tell professionals to hustle.  Shouldn't have to coax effort or pride, but here we are....

Working through finger pointing this early in the season can be a positive.  No traditional offseason, not enough time in pads.  Adjusting to new schemes and personalities.  With strong leadership, clearing the air and finding purpose in coming together in a shared goal and coming out of the adversity can be had.  But most times, it doesn't, and these things turn into shit shows.  McCarthy was an uninspiring hire, but that makes sense as Jerrah is a terrible GM and owner.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yup. Already lost the locker room. I blinked and they went from praising the new staff for trying new things and not being predictable, to throwing them under the bus.

And you know a guy like Xavier woods or Terrence Steele or Conor McGovern aren't going to do this. The only guys who will do this are veterans who've been paid and know they're safe. 

That list is Jaylon Smith, Lawrence, zeke, amari, Tyron, Zack Martin, Tyrone Crawford, and potentially Dak because he knows he has all the leverage. 

Out of that list my money is on Jaylon Smith, Lawrence, Zeke, and Amari.  2 of those 4. 

39 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

I have faith in McCarthy. DC and OC on the other hand, GTFO.

Fuck McCarthy. When an offense or defense isn't clicking, the head coach should know enough about football to tell his fucking coordinators why. Looks like maybe Aaron Rodgers knew what he was talking about. Enough people in this fucking league knew McCarthy was crap, that's why he sat around for a year. Jerry Jones should be shunned for hiring this SOS.

4 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Jerry Jones should be shunned for hiring this SOS.

poor jerry.  I feel sorry for him.  his success is and will forever be attributed to jimmy and his legacy will be that of one of the most incompetent and worst general managers in the history of professional football.  if stephen had any shame he would sell the team to give the franchise a fresh start.  sadly, stephen is far more incompetent than his father.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

just review your multiplication tables and we can avoid these little exchanges. 

What did 1-3 play out to in 2018, you trolling little dipshit?

God damn man. I hope dak runs and runs far away. I hope the Cowboys never get a good quarterback again as long as jerry owns the team. I really don't wanna see the Jonesbillies waste any more talent.

Edited by Pam Cummings

32 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hmmmm....

What I see is a team who is terrible even with their first team line and their first team star qb is now even more terrible with their 2nd team oline and their backup qb. Long story short, we’re a 5-11 team at best with or without Dak this year. Should we pay him, yes. But we’ll waste his career just like we wasted romo’s and just like we’d waste any qb. So nothing really matters. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

poor jerry.  I feel sorry for him.  his success is and will forever be attributed to jimmy and his legacy will be that of one of the most incompetent and worst general managers in the history of professional football.  if stephen had any shame he would sell the team to give the franchise a fresh start.  sadly, stephen is far more incompetent than his father.  

The one fucking guy out there who opened the world for Jerry Effing Jones, he fired. Jones will go to his grave knowing that, and out of the millions and millions off Cowboy fans out there, almost no one will give a damn when it happens. But... at least he gave us Mike McCarthy,  Jason Garrett, Chan Gailey and Dave Campo. He did manage to give the Saints Sean Payton.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We were actually just a few players away on defense in 2014 and 2016. Those offenses were fucking good. We were set there. But the defense was so fucking bad and both years, they let Rodgers carve them up. One year, being on one leg. Those were our years to pounce and win it all.

2018 was fool's gold. We got hot and ran through an easy schedule and got in the playoffs and beat a meh Seattle team. They were exposed big time against the Rams. That team had zero chance to do anything in the playoffs.

The Jones family just have no idea how to build a team. They see it as fantasy football. 

Juxtapose that against the Steelers' franchise and the 3 coaches they've had over the last 50 years. They have a culture that can't help but produce success while we're saddled with being fans of an org that only measures success by the $s they make. The same can be said of the college football team we all support. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Juxtapose that against the Steelers' franchise and the 3 coaches they've had over the last 50 years. They have a culture that can't help but produce success while we're saddled with being fans of an org that only measures success by the $s they make. The same can be said of the college football team we all support. 

Absolutely this. I used to absolutely hate the Steelers, but I’ve come to respect and admire them. I wish we were run even halfway as good as the Steelers are.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What I see is a team who is terrible even with their first team line and their first team star qb is now even more terrible with their 2nd team oline and their backup qb. Long story short, we’re a 5-11 team at best with or without Dak this year. Should we pay him, yes. But we’ll waste his career just like we wasted romo’s and just like we’d waste any qb. So nothing really matters. 

But but but Dalton is going to bring us back to our roots. Ball control. Zeke/Pollard are going to shine. Dalton is going to get so much more out of the WRs because how accurate he is. Defense is going to be better now with the magician Dalton out there.

That is all I heard all week. Dumb asses like Jimmy and Dungy said this same exact thing. Dungy literally said this was a blessing in disguise that Dak was hurt and Dalton is playing.

Lmao. But no surprise after that god awful game by Dalton and the offense, I see excuses and the goal posts have moved not only across the field, to another city now that we saw what Dalton has. Dak got blamed for scoring how much he did and having us in position to win every game. Her overcame every single mistake. Dalton's offense has 3 points with 2minutes left and all I see is excuses. Which raises the point that was always there. Those people have a real agenda against Dak. They hate him and deep down was happy when he was injured. They won't admit it because no one ever does that but they did. There's no other explanation why there are now different rules for Dalton when those people told us how much better this offense would be with Dalton.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

But but but Dalton is going to bring us back to our roots. Ball control. Zeke/Pollard are going to shine. Dalton is going to get so much more out of the WRs because how accurate he is. Defense is going to be better now with the magician Dalton out there.

That is all I heard all week. Dumb asses like Jimmy and Dungy said this same exact thing. Dungy literally said this was a blessing in disguise that Dak was hurt and Dalton is playing.

Lmao. But no surprise after that god awful game by Dalton and the offense, I see excuses and the goal posts have moved not only across the field, to another city now that we saw what Dalton has. Dak got blamed for scoring how much he did and having us in position to win every game. Her overcame every single mistake. Dalton's offense has 3 points with 2minutes left and all I see is excuses. Which raises the point that was always there. Those people have a real agenda against Dak. They hate him and deep down was happy when he was injured. They won't admit it because no one ever does that but they did. There's no other explanation why there are now different rules for Dalton when those people told us how much better this offense would be with Dalton.

Maybe I’m just not paying attention enough, but besides futureman who is saying any of this shit. 

As for Dalton, we literally have our entire 2nd team offensive line out there beside Williams who might as well be a backup. If Dalton isn’t getting protection, he’s gonna suck. Dak is very clearly a lot better than Dalton. Not sure anyone was debating that. I do still think Dalton could be been 70-80% of Dak if he had protection, but without that he’s a sitting duck. Dak doesn’t need that same level of protection. My only point was with or without Dak, we aren’t winning more than 5 games with this roster and this coaching staff. So it doesn’t matter. In a weird way, it might be better for Dak’s contract talks that he got injured when we were 2-3 because we were on the fast track to a top 10 pick regardless and that’s something jerruh would’ve held over his head unfairly like he did last offseason. 

LT Brandon Knight is expected to miss a few weeks.
Lmao. This shit is just comical at this point. Fat McCarthy may have to suit up to play OL one game. Didn't Jerry used to play OL? Suit him up!
So this week we're going to roll with our 4th and 5th string tackles on the offensive line. This is nuts.

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:
4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
LT Brandon Knight is expected to miss a few weeks.
Lmao. This shit is just comical at this point. Fat McCarthy may have to suit up to play OL one game. Didn't Jerry used to play OL? Suit him up!

So this week we're going to roll with our 4th and 5th string tackles on the offensive line. This is nuts.

And what if those guys get banged up? We are only 6 weeks into this. More injuries are bound to happen. When Conner Williams is probably your most talented OLimean, you have a huge problem.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:41 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Zeke was the right pick in 2016. 

This is not that same Zeke.

You don't spend the 4th pick in the draft on the most fungible position in football precisely because there's a strong likelihood they will be washed up by year 5. It was a complete goatfuck of a selection no matter the year. 

5. Jalen Ramsey- top 3 CB in football (worth two 1st rounders and got a monster contract)

6. Ronnie Stanley- Rated the best pass blocking OT in football by PFF.

7. DeForest Buckner- Helped the 49ers become the best defense in football. Got flipped for a 1st rounder and became the 2nd highest paid DT in football.

22 minutes ago, Genco said:

You don't spend the 4th pick in the draft on the most fungible position in football precisely because there's a strong likelihood they will be washed up by year 5. It was a complete goatfuck of a selection no matter the year. 

It should have gotten us a Super Bowl appearance that season. But we get to the GB game and we become a pass it all over the field team. 3rd and 1 and we pass to the endzone. Remember, that 2016 team was the same exact team from 2015 that went 4-12. Insert Zeke and we are now at 13 wins. So because we wasted his talents early on now makes it  a wrong pick?Doesn't work like that. Dallas had an offense that was built around a workhorse RB. Zeke was infinitely more valuable than a DB at the time. It was a no brainer and it worked. Right away to the tune of a #1 seed instantly.

Zeke was picked to win for Romo's last couple of years.  It was nothing but a short term decision, and you could argue that it worked as Mackey points out.  They didn't have Romo but they got great play from rookie Dak and were one of the best teams that year.  Now extending him was absolutely retarded.  In hindsight, 4 years later,  all short term decisions are going to look terrible compared to their long term counterparts. 

24 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It should have gotten us a Super Bowl appearance that season. But we get to the GB game and we become a pass it all over the field team. 3rd and 1 and we pass to the endzone. Remember, that 2016 team was the same exact team from 2015 that went 4-12. Insert Zeke and we are now at 13 wins. So because we wasted his talents early on now makes it  a wrong pick?Doesn't work like that. Dallas had an offense that was built around a workhorse RB. Zeke was infinitely more valuable than a DB at the time. It was a no brainer and it worked. Right away to the tune of a #1 seed instantly.

And a workhorse RB was available in the 2nd round, is a much better player than Zeke and costs $25MM less. And you would have gotten an all pro CB with the 4th pick. This isn't hindsight. It was widely discussed during the draft.

But you're hellbent on justifying the Zeke pick despite all evidence to the contrary. And you accuse the Jones family of having a fantasy football mindset for roster construction? 

Edit: And Zeke is the sole reason that 2016 team went from 4-12 to 13-3? Anything else change from 2015?

Edited by Genco
  • Hook 'Em 1