Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

58 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

After thinking about their situation I think this is what they should do. First, attempt to trade all expiring contracts you will not sign for whatever you can get. Accumulate as many picks as possible even if you have to stagger and take a 2022 pick to get a better round. That's Griffin, Aldon Smith, Chidobe, Jordan Lewis, Noah Brown, Xavier Woods off the top of my head. Bench/cut Poe and Worley. Start playing all your draft picks from the last couple of drafts. 

With all that and a team that has quit you probably lose out. You hope you lose out and Giants, Jax, Falcons, and of you're lucky jets win a few games. Hope like hell 2-14 gets you the 1 or 2 pick. If so you take Lawrence or Fields and tag and shop Dak to teams like Chicago who feel they're a competent QB away from a title run. Get the best package possible for Dak and move on with building through the draft and cap space. 

If they don't get the 1 or 2 pick then sign Dak and use the picks to load up on players to build with. 

Man, I do this in Madden and it works every time.  I've won like 20 super bowls in a row on all madden difficulty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am Trevor Lawrence and the Jets have the #1 overall pick, I go back to Clemson for my senior year. We don’t need to tank for this season, we need to tank for next season. There is a zero percent chance that Trevor Lawrence plays for the Jets next season.

17 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Man, I do this in Madden and it works every time.  I've won like 20 super bowls in a row on all madden difficulty. 

All of those contracts are expiring this year and easily trade-able. Only Aldon and Chidobe may get you a higher pick than a 6 or 7 but take the best you can get for them if you don't plan to sign them to a deal going forward. 

• Fuck You 1

Why hasn't Mike Nolan been fired anyways? If Fat Mike is not willing to even try to improve the team he needs to be fired in the offseason. Too bad Jerry will give him at least 3 seasons.

Jalen Ramsey has been locking down half the field all night and just got an INT.

Lmao. We took Zeke over him... Ramsey/Byron Jones would have been a great duo.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

6 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

After thinking about their situation I think this is what they should do. First, attempt to trade all expiring contracts you will not sign for whatever you can get. Accumulate as many picks as possible even if you have to stagger and take a 2022 pick to get a better round. That's Griffin, Aldon Smith, Chidobe, Jordan Lewis, Noah Brown, Xavier Woods off the top of my head. Bench/cut Poe and Worley. Start playing all your draft picks from the last couple of drafts. 

With all that and a team that has quit you probably lose out. You hope you lose out and Giants, Jax, Falcons, and of you're lucky jets win a few games. Hope like hell 2-14 gets you the 1 or 2 pick. If so you take Lawrence or Fields and tag and shop Dak to teams like Chicago who feel they're a competent QB away from a title run. Get the best package possible for Dak and move on with building through the draft and cap space. 

If they don't get the 1 or 2 pick then sign Dak and use the picks to load up on players to build with. 

I agree with this post, just missing one element.

The two idiots running the franchise into the ground or Saint McClay or Fat Mike need to do a deep dive into the organizational flaws/weaknesses that has led to all the recent failed defensive draft picks. What good are all these picks we're going accumulate if they're just going to pick another Trystena Hill or Taco Charlton or pass on another quality safety? I mean I count at least seven linebackers that were drafted after LVE in the '18 draft that are better players than him. Something is off in the scouting department on that side of the ball. If they don't fix that first, getting a gang of picks means nothing.

Edited by Bruh Man

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

can we at least fucking cut the punter?  do something you fatass McCarthy

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

The two idiots running the franchise into the ground or Saint McClay or Fat Mike need to do a deep dive into the organizational flaws/weaknesses that has led to all the recent failed defensive draft picks. What good are all these picks we're going accumulate if they're just going to pick another Trystena Hill or Taco Charlton or pass on another quality safety? I mean I count at least seven linebackers that were drafted after LVE in the '18 draft that are better players than him. Something is off in the scouting department on that side of the ball. If they don't fix that first, getting a gang of picks means nothing.

We all know the problem here. This organization's culture is rotten to the core. Mediocrity thrives and incompetence is never punished. Any competently run organization would've made some showing, be it cutting a player or making a starter inactive, weeks ago.

Dan of all people on the Ticket brought up a great example the other day. In the last game Antonio Brown played with the Steelers he had 14 catches, 185 yards, & 2 TDs. Could you ever imagine the Cowboys cutting a player coming off a game like that? Absolutely unimaginable!!. Not only that, after being suspended from practice during the week following that game, his agent called Mike Tomlin (notice I said the agent called Tomlin, not the Rooneys) to let him know Brown would be ready for the upcoming game. Tomlin told the agent to tell Brown don't bother showing up. I'd kill to have my hometown team empower it's coaches, scouts, and personnel directors in that manner.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

41 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There's no way Zeke will be on the team after next season. .....
..... let me rephrase that. There's no way a competently run franchise keeps him on the roster for the 2022 season.

e2653b943a07c731f7c37ef6510a8e0e.jpg

Been trying to tell people that since the contract was signed.  They don’t listen.  

55 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

hahahahahahahahaha, I love that the Boys are locked into Zeke.  Jerry is, without a doubt, a fucking football moron.  And remember, Steven is a chip off the ol blockhead.  Cowboys ARE the Browns from here on and into any foreseeable future.  A fucking clown show.   

share discover GIF

Yep no way around it we are in for another decade at least of just pure stupidity.

22 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yep no way around it we are in for another decade at least of just pure stupidity.

For this fan, it has made a difference checking out of the "I am emotionally invested in this team" camp.  Now, I can laugh and scoff at the Cowboys idiocy with Eagles, Redskins  WFT, and Giants fans like one big happy family.  Nah, scratch that.  Fuck those guys... but yeah, fuck Jerrah and his team now too.   Thank you, Skeletor.

15 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This guy simply can't be on the roster next year if we hope to ever improve the defense. 

This is why it’s hard for me to place all the blame on Nolan. He’s definitely a bad DC, but you can’t tell me shit like this is on his defense being too complicated. That’s just not having discipline at all. You are responsible for that gap, Jaylon. Period. He was trying to make a hero ball and there’s no way his teammates could’ve predicted he wasn’t going to he in the one gap you’re actually responsible. 

It’s so hard to wrap your mind around. We all thought this was a bust pick because of his injury history. I would’ve never guessed that his football instincts would be the thing that made him an average at best LB

12 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Problem with this is you’re going to get close to nothing for all the guys you just listed and Dak on a one-year franchise tag for about $40 million coming off a bad injury won’t get you a huge pick either. So sure they can tank for Lawrence, but they probably won’t get the #1 pick and they’ll still have holes all over the roster and be years and years away while having to rely on the Jerry and Stephen to rebuild well. 

10 hours ago, Hate said:

If I am Trevor Lawrence and the Jets have the #1 overall pick, I go back to Clemson for my senior year. We don’t need to tank for this season, we need to tank for next season. There is a zero percent chance that Trevor Lawrence plays for the Jets next season.

He’s not going to return. He’ll just pull an Eli and refuse to play for them. Maybe if the Cowboys are pick 2-4, then they’d be close enough to make a package to be the team the Jets trade with but the Giants had to give up an extra 1st, 3rd and 5th to move from #4 to #1. 

10 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Why hasn't Mike Nolan been fired anyways? If Fat Mike is not willing to even try to improve the team he needs to be fired in the offseason. Too bad Jerry will give him at least 3 seasons.

Jalen Ramsey has been locking down half the field all night and just got an INT.

Lmao. We took Zeke over him... Ramsey/Byron Jones would have been a great duo.

McCarty kept Capers about 4 years too long in GB, and he kept Ron Zook on as special teams coach for years even though the Packers special teams were very poor. On top of that, all his OCs completely flamed out when they left GB. McCarthy’s bad at hiring and he’s even worse at knowing when to move on from his bad hires. 

Just now, kevwun said:

I know Andy Dalton is a soulless ginger, but how in the fuck do you not get suspended for that hit?  He lowered his helmet and almost decapitated a qb.  The NFL uses a magic 8 ball to decide punishments.

Even Troy Aikman said he shouldn't be suspended, being ejected was enough. I can't believe he said that. McCarthy ho humming about it doesn't help. The fucker should sit at least 2 games, maybe 3. This is 2020, if you can't recognize a QB sliding is off limits, you need to sit.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Like it or not, Andy Dalton is not Dak nor is he their QB. He just happens to be playing right now because their QB is hurt. And you have 4 or 5 backups at OL playing. They are just holding on and trying not to get cut. They are not going to risk getting fined. Had it been Dak, all hell would have broke loose. No one gives a fuck about Dalton on this team. That's the reality. They aren't risking fines and suspensions for Dalton. The season is done and they know it. They are going through the motions. This clip is not even close to the same thing. Steve Young was the QB and leader. Dalton isn't. Like it or not, that's how it is. They don't rock with Dalton. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Like it or not, Andy Dalton is not Dak nor is he their QB. He just happens to be playing right now because their QB is hurt. And you have 4 or 5 backups at OL playing. They are just holding on and trying not to get cut. They are not going to risk getting fined. Had it been Dak, all hell would have broke loose. No one gives a fuck about Dalton on this team. That's the reality. They aren't risking fines and suspensions for Dalton. The season is done and they know it. They are going through the motions. This clip is not even close to the same thing. Steve Young was the QB and leader. Dalton isn't. Like it or not, that's how it is. They don't rock with Dalton. 

well no one is getting cut on this team so they shouldn't be worried about that.  we can't even cut the worst punter in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well no one is getting cut on this team so they shouldn't be worried about that.  we can't even cut the worst punter in the NFL.

I could have said benched as well. Any backup out there is so worried about their mistakes, they are not worried about the extra shit that goes on. Some of these OL are being benched. These guys are not going to worry about a QB they don't even know gets knocked out. All they care about is staying on the field as long as they can.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I could have said benched as well. Any backup out there is so worried about their mistakes, they are not worried about the extra shit that goes on. Some of these OL are being benched. These guys are not going to worry about a QB they don't even know gets knocked out. All they care about is staying on the field as long as they can.

i agree the attachment to the starting QB is not going to be the same as the backup.

1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

Wow, Jerry Jones is getting testy. Seems like every interview he's getting ugly with the press, more than I can ever remember. This disaster we are all watching must really be wearing on him privately and internally.

I hope the media keeps laying it on him. Even The Fan, which is the flagship station, does not kiss his ass like they used to. Fuck Jerry and his whole family. It starts with them. We could have drafted Mahomes and not even he could fix this toxic team and environment. There is zero accountability on this team.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Like it or not, Andy Dalton is not Dak nor is he their QB. He just happens to be playing right now because their QB is hurt.

Let me stop you right there. Is there a star on his motherfucking helmet? Goes that star mean anything anymore? What if somebody clocked our backup if Sam went down?

You gotta have some pride or gtfo the team.

Frc8.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Jerry also blamed injuries for the bad season. Said injuries on the offensive line and QB are the reason we aren't good.

No mention on the defense or why every guy they've signed to big money deals lately are trash though.

This is not just a bad defense- its historically bad and using injuries on offense as an excuse is pathetic but what I expect from the Jones clan.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Who tha fuck was Mason Rudolf last season when Garrett smashed him into the ground and swung at his head with a helmet? The difference in the 2 teams' reactions tells us all we need to know about the fight in those 2 locker rooms. It didn't even take a swinging helmet to have damn near the entire Steelers' Oline on Garrett's ass. If you remember the Steeler Oline was taking it to Garrett before he ever swung the helmet at Rudolf. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This guy simply can't be on the roster next year if we hope to ever improve the defense. 

Every time his does his stupid celebration thingy after stopping someone for a 2 yard gain on 2nd down it makes me wanna puke.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Best part of this vid is Steve Young fucking gronk spiking the ball at the dude's feet.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I hope the media keeps laying it on him. Even The Fan, which is the flagship station, does not kiss his ass like they used to. Fuck Jerry and his whole family. It starts with them. We could have drafted Mahomes and not even he could fix this toxic team and environment. There is zero accountability on this team.

Ya'll keep wishing-- I heard the same radio station today and it ended up with Jerry Jones apologizing and everyone playing kumbaya afterwards holding hands and loving each other. Puke!

6 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Ya'll keep wishing-- I heard the same radio station today and it ended up with Jerry Jones apologizing and everyone playing kumbaya afterwards holding hands and loving each other. Puke!

I liked his little quote at the end "Don't piss off an old man with a little money" 

20 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Thats because he’s a really good corner and it’s hard to take anyone who doesn’t agree with that seriously. 

Yep. Peeps were too concerened with not getting turnovers.  TBH even I thought he was paid too much, but I was wrong.  They should have went ahead and paid him.

15 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

I agree except you'll get MUCH more value for trading the Pick than Dak.  For some reason NFL teams STILL value draft picks over proven players.  

But if you could get a nice haul for Dak and get Lawrence/Feilds I'd be okay with it.  I'd be glad to watch Dak succeed with a team that's not a dumpster fire.

12 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Zeke's new terrible contract won't even start until next season. This season is the 5th year of his rookie deal.

They'll get rid of him after 2021.

8 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

True.  But the more picks the better as you're going to hit on a couple at least.

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There's no way Zeke will be on the team after next season. .....
..... let me rephrase that. There's no way a competently run franchise keeps him on the roster for the 2022 season.

e2653b943a07c731f7c37ef6510a8e0e.jpg

This

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Been trying to tell people that since the contract was signed.  They don’t listen.  

Same here. People were up in arms talking about some 8 year deal over all. Dude got a lot of money of front and they have a reasonable out after next season.  He wont' be a Cowboys without some massive increase in production along with a massive pay cut in 2022.

Lol at Jerruh telling the guys on the Fan to shut up. “There’s no leadership void...” Stephen came out yesterday and praised MM saying they were in for the long haul. It’s a good thing I like the NFL enough to follow a few other teams.

The one time Kraft decided to “meddle” with the Pats was telling Belichick to trade Garapolo. And we see the fall out from that move. Nothing was done to secure a QB of the future after that move. Belichick did nothing to try and hold onto Brady. Kraft typically stays out of all the football decisions. We have an owner that can’t stop meddling. 

Of course,  after the Garapolo trade the Pats were in two SBs and won one.

It’s a shame Jerruh can’t just hire a badass GM and let the football guys make moves in the draft and FA and coach the fucking team. When owners meddle too much or hire the wrong GM it typically sucks. I hope Tampa Bay makes the NFC championship game. I think they will. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fuck that all to hell.  What did Patrick ever do to you?

17 hours ago, Hate said:

I was thinking this for awhile, but its still NYC. Even with how shitty the Jets are you are still in the money market. Plus I think Fields is going to be the number 1 picks

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Detroit just gave us a sixth rounder for Everson Griffen.

Pretty good chance it gets up to a 5th based on conditions.  Teams around the league felt that he was being misused here.

Saved 3 mil on the cap, freed up playing time for Gregory and Anae.  Not a bad deal all in all.

32 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Good trade.  He wasn't a good fit for Nolan's system (Nolan should be gone after the season) and with Gregory back, you can give Griffen's snaps to Gregory, Armstrong and Anae.  Save over 3 million which can be rolled over and get a dart throw in the 6th.  Maybe a good special teamer or something.  Let's Griffen go compete on a team who could be in the WC hunt.