Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, for the love of of Daks recovering ankle, stop quoting that idiot Futureman. He actually still believes the QB is solely responsible for losses. But wins are because the team is good.

When will people figure out that teams win a d lose games not QBs?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I just looked at the remaining schedules for the nfceast. Gonna be tough for any of the teams to lose more than philly- they have Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona the next 4 before ending with Dallas and wash. 

I think the East winner will have 5 wins, maybe 6. 

Remaining strength of schedule rank for NFC East teams, according to FPI: Eagles: 5 Washington: 11 Giants: 22 Cowboys: 26 Despite that, FPI does still consider the Eagles the division favorite at 44%, both because it thinks they are the best of the four teams and because of their half-game lead in the standings.

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I just looked at the remaining schedules for the nfceast. Gonna be tough for any of the teams to lose more than philly- they have Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona the next 4 before ending with Dallas and wash. 

I think the East winner will have 5 wins, maybe 6. 

Crazy, but 5 Wins might actually win the Eastern Division 😂😂😂

• Fuck You 1

I think we get to 7 wins. I think we win the rest of our division games, and we beat the bengals. If we have competent Oline play, and a defense that has been playing with the effort it has the last 2 games, we’re the best team in the division. Definitely not something to be proud of, but it’s true. It sucks, because I was looking forward to going into next season with no expectations, since we only seek to perform well when we have no expectations going into a year. If we win the division and get to 7-9, those expectations will be through the roof next year. 

This is all contingent on us beating Washington next week. If we lose that game I think they could find a way to win the division with the tie breaker over us. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

thats fucking hilarious.  McCarthy: "I've had a rebirth - binders, watched every play from last year, the game is now analytics"...or pull out a Gallagher routine from the 80's(that none of those guys may have ever seen) to try to motivate the players.  

gonna be funny if it comes out he pulled that in green bay as well.

On 11/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Vic Mackey said:

How many total TDs has this team scored since Dak went out? Pretty sure it isn't more than 2 or 3. But remember, this was actually going to be a more efficient offense without Dak lmao

They looked prepared and dare i say, competent. Really same as the Steelers game. So the direction seems good.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

For the first 3 years of Dak’s career he was a game manager. He isn’t a game manager anymore. Thats pretty much been the unanimous opinion of anyone that has an unbiased opinion of Dak. 

Indeed.  he's a rehab patient.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

For the first 3 years of Dak’s career he was a game manager. He isn’t a game manager anymore. Thats pretty much been the unanimous opinion of anyone that has an unbiased opinion of Dak. 

this is pretty funny considering the team has performed worse after the first three years of his career

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

That’s awful. I feel for the family of the deceased, the coaching staff, and the players. I wonder if this will impact the game on Thursday.

Sad to hear if someone from the coaching staff passed.

It will be played but today was (supposed to be) the biggest day of Cowboys prep for a Thursday game.   Not their biggest concern at this point, obviously. 

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It appears the tweet has been deleted. What was it?

Just that it appears to be S&C staff/ then the prayers up for Markus. Emergency responded to the Star at 7:30 am this morning. Some tweets on BloggingtheBoys (comments section) indicate he passed from a heart attack. 🥺🥺

nothing official. 

🙏🙏🙏

Markus Paul, former Syracuse All-American and Cowboys strength coach, hospitalized after heart attack 

Updated 1:49 PM; Today 1:32 PM 

By Nate Mink | nmink@syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — Markus Paul, a former All-American safety at Syracuse who is the head of strength and conditioning for the Dallas Cowboys, was taken to a local hospital Tuesday morning after collapsing inside the team’s facility, his sister said.

Paul suffered a heart attack and is undergoing tests in the hospital, said his sister Angie Taylor. She spoke by phone with Paul’s wife, who is with Paul at the hospital, around 1 p.m.

Nurses used the term “brain-dead” when describing Paul’s condition.

“We’re asking for people’s prayers,” Taylor told the Post-Standard. “We’re believers, and we’re believing in God for a miracle.”

The Cowboys canceled Tuesday’s practice over what the team initially called a non-coronavirus medical emergency involving a staff member. A Frisco County fire department spokesman confirmed one patient was transported to the hospital after responding to a call at the Cowboys’ facility around 7:30 Tuesday morning.

In a statement released Tuesday afternoon, the Cowboys said Paul is undergoing additional tests.

Paul, 54, recorded a school-record 19 interceptions and was a member of the unbeaten team in 1987. A two-time finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, presented to the nation’s top defensive back, Paul was also named to the Syracuse All-Century team in 1999.

Paul, a fourth-round draft pick of the Chicago Bears in 1989 and played in five seasons for the Bears before finishing his playing career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He has been the head of the Cowboys’ strength staff since 2018. Paul won five Super Bowls prior to his time in Dallas, three with the New England Patriots and two with the New York Giants.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2020/11/markus-paul-former-syracuse-all-american-and-cowboys-strength-coach-hospitalized-after-heart-attack.html

Edited by LTtxfan