Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have ever seen a game like yesterday where Dallas got every single call in their favor. Both turnovers that were borderline went in their favor. Was Dallas only called for 1 penalty all game?

I was in shock that Minn actually had an offensive holding call against them. Dallas usually goes multiple games without having one called a giant their opponent.

Goodell must be pissed they didn’t get the memo...

I thought the first penalty for PED's was 4 weeks?  then 10 weeks for 2nd ? and then a whole year for 3rd?

2 weeks seems odd

Speaking out of my ass here but the new agreement made this past offseason may have changed those penalties. It definitely changed as far as weed goes.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I thought the first penalty for PED's was 4 weeks?  then 10 weeks for 2nd ? and then a whole year for 3rd?

2 weeks seems odd

They reduced the penalty because the league office admitted to not knowing who in the hell Luke Gifford was, and that whatever he was taking must not be working that well. 

• Haha 1

Fuck...

I would assume if he’s the head S&C coach he was in pretty decent shape. Sudden deaths like this are just fucking terrible. Car crashes, heart attacks...it really makes you take a long hard look at the people and the blessings in your life, because your life can be taken from you at the snap of a finger. 

32 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fuck...

I would assume if he’s the head S&C coach he was in pretty decent shape. Sudden deaths like this are just fucking terrible. Car crashes, heart attacks...it really makes you take a long hard look at the people and the blessings in your life, because your life can be taken from you at the snap of a finger. 

That is what I was thinking. Those S&C coaches are in shape and look out after themselves. They aren't Mike fat ass McCarthy. Kind of scary how some of these athletes and coaches just have these sudden heart attacks and some drop dead.

I saw Mad Dog at the gas station by Rascal’s and Joy one time. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Ugh.  Can't wait till they can let him go.  He's hurting the team.

BTW the Cowboys are winning at least 2 more games right? Cincy with no Burrow and at least 1 of the NFC East games...maybe 2.  They're not getting a top 5 pick.  They'll be lucky to get a Top 10 pick if they don't win the division outright with 6 wins, ugh.

• Hook 'Em 1

he's awful...teams attack him on the reg via pass and run.  if he was good at one he could be helpful.  complete freelancing to try to make the tackle on his own so he can do his stupid "celebration". 

Randy White would have his fucking nuts in a fucking vise right now if he were playing DT on this team.

• Hook 'Em 1

As much shit as the secondary takes (and rightfully so), the LBs are worse. Ad Jaylon takes the cake. He plays with reckless abandonment. He ad-libs and has no idea how to read a play as it happens or pre snap.

I didn't really watch him at Notre Dame but how in the hell was this some top rated prospect before his injury? Maybe he could get away with this in college against subpar players and he is being exposed at this level. He fucking sucks.

Edited by Vic Mackey

57 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ugh.  Can't wait till they can let him go.  He's hurting the team.

BTW the Cowboys are winning at least 2 more games right? Cincy with no Burrow and at least 1 of the NFC East games...maybe 2.  They're not getting a top 5 pick.  They'll be lucky to get a Top 10 pick if they don't win the division outright with 6 wins, ugh.

Based on their play the last two weeks, I think they'll win the division. I don't think 7-9 is out of the equation.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jaylon Smith does shit like this constantly. 

Yep.  Lack of physicality is crazy.  He's just bad.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

As much shit as the secondary takes (and rightfully so), the LBs are worse. Ad Jaylon takes the cake. He plays with reckless abandonment. He ad-libs and has no idea how to read a play as it happens or pre snap.

I didn't really watch him at Notre Dame but how in the hell was this some top rated prospect before his injury? Maybe he could get away with this in college against subpar players and he is being exposed at this level. He fucking sucks.

LVE had played well since he came back and getting better but with his neck, I fear a short career.  Agree on the LBs but they're usually cheaper in UFA than corners.  Or at least corners worth a shit.  Jaylon really suffers from Dallas having no real 1 tech to take up blockers.  They need to remedy that in the offseason but Jaylon is just a guy.  FTR, Queen (highly drafted from Baltimore) is having the same issues.  He's getting destroyed at the POA and needs to be able to run free.  

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Based on their play the last two weeks, I think they'll win the division. I don't think 7-9 is out of the equation.

Go at least 2-1 in the NFC East the rest of the way and beat one of either the cincy or San Fran and you get to 6. Sweep the East or beat both San Fran and Cincy and go 2-1 in the east that’s 7. This is all contingent on whether or not our defense keeps playing with effort. Obviously they can’t be the worst defense of all time like they were in every game before the eagles game. If the d keeps playing like it has and the oline continues to gain continuity, we will win 4 more games. 3 at the very least. The schedule is too good for us to fuck this up...but I hope we do.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Go at least 2-1 in the NFC East the rest of the way and beat one of either the cincy or San Fran and you get to 6. Sweep the East or beat both San Fran and Cincy and go 2-1 in the east that’s 7. This is all contingent on whether or not our defense keeps playing with effort. Obviously they can’t be the worst defense of all time like they were in every game before the eagles game. If the d keeps playing like it has and the oline continues to gain continuity, we will win 4 more games. 3 at the very least. The schedule is too good for us to fuck this up...but I hope we do.

If we win the Washington game, I say fuck it. Win the shit ass East. You can't half ass this thing.We either needed to bottom out or win the division. 

The Cincy game became easier without Burrow. That could be another win that did not look like it just weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If we win the Washington game, I say fuck it. Win the shit ass East. You can't half ass this thing.We either needed to bottom out or win the division. 

The Cincy game became easier without Burrow. That could be another win that did not look like it just weeks ago.

I think whoever wins that game is going to win the division. If they beat us we aren’t going to have a better record then them probably and they will have swept us. The main reason I’d rather not win the division is the first place schedule next year. We draft well enough that I’m not worried about the draft pick. I know things change year to year (SF was on all NFC 1st place schedules for example), but we aren’t good enough to make the playoffs with a first place schedule IMO. Our roster just isn’t talented enough and a healthy Dak isn’t going to put us over the top.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

12 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think whoever wins that game is going to win the division. If they beat us we aren’t going to have a better record then them probably and they will have swept us. The main reason I’d rather not win the division is the first place schedule next year. We draft well enough that I’m not worried about the draft pick. I know things change year to year (SF was on all NFC 1st place schedules for example), but we aren’t good enough to make the playoffs with a first place schedule IMO. Our roster just isn’t talented enough and a healthy Dak isn’t going to put us over the top.

You're putting a lot of weight on the 2 games that being in first place influences a team's schedule (I guess there's a chance that it could eventually affect a whopping 3 games next year if the NFL goes to a 17 game schedule)

9 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You're putting a lot of weight on the 2 games that being in first place influences a team's schedule (I guess there's a chance that it could eventually affect a whopping 3 games next year if the NFL goes to a 17 game schedule)

2 games in the NFL is usually a big deal. Seeing as how most divisions are decided by that or less. If you think about it, our biggest successful seasons this last decade always coincided when we did not have a 1st place schedule. We never made the playoffs back to back seasons in over a decade, meaning we always failed with a 1st place schedule.