Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

Moved up to the 4th pick... 😁

NFL Draft Projected order 2021      (Thru 12/8 after loss to Ravens)

1. New York Jets (0-12)
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11)
  3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-9-1)
  4. Dallas Cowboys (3-9) 
  5. Los Angeles Chargers (3-9)
  6. Philadelphia Eagles (3-8-1)
  7. Carolina Panthers (4-8)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (4-8)
  9. Miami Dolphins (via 4-8 Houston Texans)
  10. Denver Broncos (4-8)
  11. Washington Football Team (5-7)
  12. Detroit Lions (5-7)
  13. Chicago Bears (5-7)
  14. San Francisco 49ers (5-7)
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dalton is a god awful QB. Which is why sticking with him for the tank was the correct decision. Garrett Gilbert might have won one of these games. Can't have that.

And when can we cut Zeke? His act his old and tiresome. Fuck him.

After next season

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Moved up to the 4th pick... 😁

NFL Draft Projected order 2021      (Thru 12/8 after loss to Ravens)

1. New York Jets (0-12)
  2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11)
  3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-9-1)
  4. Dallas Cowboys (3-9) 
  5. Los Angeles Chargers (3-9)
  6. Philadelphia Eagles (3-8-1)
  7. Carolina Panthers (4-8)
  8. Atlanta Falcons (4-8)
  9. Miami Dolphins (via 4-8 Houston Texans)
  10. Denver Broncos (4-8)
  11. Washington Football Team (5-7)
  12. Detroit Lions (5-7)
  13. Chicago Bears (5-7)
  14. San Francisco 49ers (5-7)

So ESPN and CBS have released some early Mocks and while it is too early to really lock in projections, each did have 4 QBs going in the top 10.  Sunshine, Fields, Wilson and Lance.  From there, a few may have Mac and Trask in the first round.  If you can't get Sewell, then opportunity may present itself to trade down from 4 or 5.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dalton is a god awful QB. Which is why sticking with him for the tank was the correct decision. Garrett Gilbert might have won one of these games. Can't have that.

Realistically, 2 years.  Can make a case after next season but there's not much benefit unless the wheels totally come off. 

He actually ran hard last night, we just have a really bad OL.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

So ESPN and CBS have released some early Mocks and while it is too early to really lock in projections, each did have 4 QBs going in the top 10.  Sunshine, Fields, Wilson and Lance.  From there, a few may have Mac and Trask in the first round.  If you can't get Sewell, then opportunity may present itself to trade down from 4 or 5.

Realistically, 2 years.  Can make a case after next season but there's not much benefit unless the wheels totally come off. 

He actually ran hard last night, we just have a really bad OL.

Zeke is averaging 4 YPC behind this shitty OL.  we need to play Pollard more and we need to drop him after 2021 but he's fine for now.  he's in the "block it for 3 I can get you 4.5" realm right now.  he's not worth his contract but we could win with him if we had a normal OL/Dak.  The problem is the defense with guys like Jaylon Smith/below avg DT's and who knows what the fuck for DB's.  LVE is looking a bit shitty these days as well.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Probably can cut Zeke after 2021 season based on his current contract... 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Zeke is averaging 4 YPC behind this shitty OL.  we need to play Pollard more and we need to drop him after 2021 but he's fine for now.  he's in the "block it for 3 I can get you 4.5" realm right now.  he's not worth his contract but we could win with him if we had a normal OL/Dak.  The problem is the defense with guys like Jaylon Smith/below avg DT's and who knows what the fuck for DB's.  LVE is looking a bit shitty these days as well.

The front 7 is not great.  We have some good edges but the middle of this defense has always been weak, even going back to the old man.  Now, it's worse than ever, from DT to safety, we aren't good and have no depth.  This year, who cares, it's a lost year.  Take your medicine and work your draft boards, but if the team wants to challenge in a bad division next year, they need to get more stout up the middle and get a healthy OL (perhaps add to it).

We're stuck with Zeke and I'm going to guess for 2 years because cutting him after next year in a post June 1st doesn't really save much money and the Jones' don't want to admit their monster mistake.  It's partly why fans should be concerned with how they treat Jaylon, who also is not justifying his contract.  Jaylon's not justifying a starting position.

And yes, LVE was terrible last night.... he had been getting better and better since coming back from the neck, but last night, he was constantly getting caught misreading and out of position.  I'll chalk it up to a really bad night against a very good rushing team (although missing their best blocker) and see how he does the rest of the year.  LVE doesn't have the instincts of Lee (not many do) so he's going to get fooled some while he continues to learn the position.  Jaylon has no instincts at all.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The front 7 is not great.  We have some good edges but the middle of this defense has always been weak, even going back to the old man.  Now, it's worse than ever, from DT to safety, we aren't good and have no depth.  This year, who cares, it's a lost year.  Take your medicine and work your draft boards, but if the team wants to challenge in a bad division next year, they need to get more stout up the middle and get a healthy OL (perhaps add to it).

We're stuck with Zeke and I'm going to guess for 2 years because cutting him after next year in a post June 1st doesn't really save much money and the Jones' don't want to admit their monster mistake.  It's partly why fans should be concerned with how they treat Jaylon, who also is not justifying his contract.  Jaylon's not justifying a starting position.

And yes, LVE was terrible last night.... he had been getting better and better since coming back from the neck, but last night, he was constantly getting caught misreading and out of position.  I'll chalk it up to a really bad night against a very good rushing team (although missing their best blocker) and see how he does the rest of the year.  LVE doesn't have the instincts of Lee (not many do) so he's going to get fooled some while he continues to learn the position.  Jaylon has no instincts at all.

even though it was obvious, at least he admits he was freelancing like Smith does.  he wasn't going to get to the back from his spot anyway.

both LBers Freelance and the crappy DT's can't keep the OL off the LBers which is their primary job.  disaster.

Nolan still needs to be fired IMO.

I'm waiting for mcCarthy to roll out the infamous Weis "have you seen that pile of shit out there" quote.

27 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lee is intelligent and a maniac about film study of opponents.  Gonna be a he'll of a LB coach one day if he wants to do that.  Great for interviews, really interesting...

56 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

A lot of LVE’s shittiness looks to be trying to run cover for Jaylon’s mishaps.   Like he’s trying to play both positions.   He’s played much better when he and Sean Lee are on the field together.   Just shows how bad Jaylon is and how much he’s fucking the entire run of things.  

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

A lot of LVE’s shittiness looks to be trying to run cover for Jaylon’s mishaps.   Like he’s trying to play both positions.   He’s played much better when he and Sean Lee are on the field together.   Just shows how bad Jaylon is and how much he’s fucking the entire run of things.  

And that in and of itself is a problem. Do your job. Don’t worry about someone else’s job. I get that they’re supposed to be a cohesive unit, but do YOUR job. If they’re watching film later and you fucked up trying to cover for someone else’s fuck up, guess what. YOU fucked up too. Just do your job and let the people that don’t get replaced after the season is over. 

sorry for the rant, but I’ve always hated this weak ass excuse. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

And that in and of itself is a problem. Do your job. Don’t worry about someone else’s job. I get that they’re supposed to be a cohesive unit, but do YOUR job. If they’re watching film later and you fucked up trying to cover for someone else’s fuck up, guess what. YOU fucked up too. Just do your job and let the people that don’t get replaced after the season is over. 

sorry for the rant, but I’ve always hated this weak ass excuse. 

Trust me, this is not me making an excuse. It was a general observation, and I fully agree with you.   It’s just frustrating to watch a good player look bad because another player is completely incapable of doing what he’s supposed to do.   

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Trust me, this is not me making an excuse. It was a general observation, and I fully agree with you.   It’s just frustrating to watch a good player look bad because another player is completely incapable of doing what he’s supposed to do.   

I guess what I’m really trying to say is I’m not convinced that’s what happening. I don’t think LVE is the type of player that would knowingly do something outside of his responsibilities, knowing his ass is going to be chewed out. I think it’s more likely that he, along with rest of the defense, hasn’t picked up the scheme like they should be by now. You might be right, but I feel like this is the more likely scenario.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I would kill to have Mack Brown and Jason Garrett coaching my teams. 

It's like people forgot how Garrett handled adversity. 2015 and 2017. Romo goes down in 2015 and we go from 2-0 to losing 12 of our last 14. This is the same coach that left Chaz Green 1 on 1 even though he gave up 8 sacks. Not an ounce of help. The mountains of shitty coaching decisions. The same coach who went away from what worked all of 2016 until we get to the playoffs and we become an air raid team from the start.

Mike sucking is not dependent on Garrett. They both fucking suck. You don't have to choose one or the other. It's possible to want neither.

And Mack Brown fucking sucks, too. He still gets beat by his rivals and shits the bed.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

maybe but that particular play was just him guessing, the same exact crap that we shit on Smith for.  

On 12/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Would fire Fat Mike and Nolan and start over.

Not that Jerry will. Just like a lot of things that would improve the franchise. 

Nolan needs to be fired.  Some options for next DC that have been suggested...

• Bring back  Kris Richard

• Chris Hewitt, Pass Defense Coordinator, Baltimore

• Stephen Belichick, OLB coach, New England

"If the Joneses aren’t going to fire Mike McCarthy, then Mike Nolan has to be the Cowboys’ scapegoat"

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/12/10/if-the-joneses-arent-going-to-fire-mike-mccarthy-then-mike-nolan-has-to-be-cowboys-scapegoat/

Edited by LTtxfan

44 minutes ago, Drew said:

Mike's not going anywhere this year.  He'll get a pass, for all the injuries, especially Dak. IF it's the same next year he's gone.

Nolan should already be fired.

I think there’s an outside chance he gets let go if we look like dog shit against the 2-9-1 bengals. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that happens. But you’re probably right 

28 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think there’s an outside chance he gets let go if we look like dog shit against the 2-9-1 bengals. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that happens. But you’re probably right 

Bengals with Burrow were already a shitty team. Without him, they are worse than the Jets. I think Dallas wins this game unfortunately. 

Just think if we were healthy and had this remaining schedule to end the year. Has to be the easiest I can remember in a long time to finish up the last quarter of the schedule. Every single team is shitty that we have left.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Bengals with Burrow were already a shitty team. Without him, they are worse than the Jets. I think Dallas wins this game unfortunately. 

Just think if we were healthy and had this remaining schedule to end the year. Has to be the easiest I can remember in a long time to finish up the last quarter of the schedule. Every single team is shitty that we have left.

You’re probably right but I will never put a floor on this group of guys with this coaching staff. A loss wouldn’t shock me even a little bit. 

the entire fox NFL morning crew just agreed that dak is an incompetent overrated greedy fraud and that the cowboys need to move on from him. he’s not an elite quarterback, he can’t win big games, he can’t win against good teams, he doesn’t deserve the contract he wants, and anyone saying otherwise is fucking stupid. 

• Fuck You 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:37 PM, Vic Mackey said:

A win shouldn't hurt them all that much because they aren't going to finish with a worse record than Cincy anyway, and they are bunched up with other 3-win teams that are likely to win another game or two. Just don't win another after this one and they should be looking at top 6 at worst.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, DougO said:

No problem rooting for the fecals today. A Chargers win would be nice. Both of them win the Cowboys would be back at the 4th spot.

Chargers win, fecals win, working out pretty well. Kinda hoping for Football Team to hold on vs the Niners, but shitty Haskins is making it tough.

Updated 2021 NFL 1st-Round Draft Order

1. New York Jets (0-13)
  2. Jacksonville (1-12)
  3. Cincinnati (2-10-1)
  4. Dallas (4-9)
  5. Los Angeles Chargers (4-9)
  6. Carolina (4-9)
  7. Atlanta (4-9)
  8. Miami (from Houston) (4-9)
  9. Philadelphia (4-8-1)
  10. New York Giants (5-8)
  11. Detroit (5-8)
  12. San Francisco (5-8)
  13. Denver (5-8)
  14. Minnesota (6-7)
  15. Chicago (6-7)
  16. New England (6-7)
  17. Las Vegas (7-6)
  18. Baltimore (7-5)
  19. Washington (6-7)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2922321-updated-2021-nfl-draft-order-after-sundays-week-14-results

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Happy Fat Mike is coming back for 2021

Let's try for 7-9 next year.

Coach Mike McCarthy will return in 2021, Dallas Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones told a Dallas radio show Monday.   "There will be absolutely no change with coach McCarthy," Jones told 105.3 The Fan. "I am surprised someone would question these unprecedented situations that everybody's been in.  

"On top of that, no one's making excuses, but we've had some challenges in the injury category. If you look at his track record, and his pedigree, he's consistently won year in and year out. We have the utmost confidence this ship is going to be righted quickly."

02db7da3-ec82-49f9-b50c-4f1432ff3547-cow

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Rage+1 1