Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, gsoda3 said:

that game single-handedly extended adrian clayborn's NFL career.

He got his season bonus pretty much in that one game lmao. The game where Dallas did absolutely zero to adjust and left Chaz singled up on him the entire game. The game that should have cost Garrett his job for being that inept. Falcons DL is pretty stout. 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Especially when compared to what the eagles had to go through. I imagine Stephen Jones talking to Howie Roseman like “man, we just had  so much BS last year that we just couldn’t overcome” and Roseman just laughing uncontrollably right in his face. 

I just love how people will pick out one fucking part of a sentence and make the ENTIRE point of my post moot.

Jesus, there was a lot going on.  NO not injury related overall(although ya'll continue to forget about Dak obviously being hurt late in the season and they had NO ONE to put in so they could sit him).  But between coaching, awful special teams, bad defensive play, poor offensive play calling. All of it, INCLUDING the QB not getting it done in some of those games.

But instead of actually looking at what I said, you and those trolls I got on ignore pull the "Dak apologists" crap. 

Jesus christ, someone made a comment about me by high on the team, and I still am and I explained why.  You were one of the few who are on the opposite side of that coin I didn't think was a fucking idiot, and by throwing your lot in with Futureman and his stupid schtick it's starting to make me wonder.

35 minutes ago, Drew said:

I just love how people will pick out one fucking part of a sentence and make the ENTIRE point of my post moot.

Jesus, there was a lot going on.  NO not injury related overall(although ya'll continue to forget about Dak obviously being hurt late in the season and they had NO ONE to put in so they could sit him).  But between coaching, awful special teams, bad defensive play, poor offensive play calling. All of it, INCLUDING the QB not getting it done in some of those games.

But instead of actually looking at what I said, you and those trolls I got on ignore pull the "Dak apologists" crap. 

Jesus christ, someone made a comment about me by high on the team, and I still am and I explained why.  You were one of the few who are on the opposite side of that coin I didn't think was a fucking idiot, and by throwing your lot in with Futureman and his stupid schtick it's starting to make me wonder.

antonio-banderas-reaction-gif.gif

I said after the first game, I didn't see one ounce of difference in our offense from the Garrett era. Predictable. No variety in our sets. No movement or motion. No misdirection. So many outs and comeback routes. Slow developing routes down field and Dak taking 4 and 5 step drops. Even with a shitty OL play.

The media said this was the complete opposite of what they saw in training camp.

Sure looked like a bunch of good players playing mediocre football to me. Same shut different day. Mm is a fat fuck

17 hours ago, Drew said:

YoudunnF'dup is pretty damned objective in his takes.  You tend to be defensive as hell about anyone not singing the praises of this team.  I guess in your world, any dissent immediately categorizes that poster as a Futureman devotee.  Futureman is not taken seriously, or shouldn't be; in Cowboys threads.  His posts are pretty damned well done comic relief on a subject that makes many of us want to consider self-death as a solution.  I don't see why why you don't understand this.

YouDunnF'dup and have I disagreed plenty on stuff, so pardon my white knighting in this particular post.   It's just pretty much bullshit to be calling him out, when he calls it straight most of the time.

Edited by slorch

He usually is, you're absolutely correct, which is why I said so even in my post.  But him "white knighting" that idiot Futureman while taking shots is the only reason I even responded.  

BTW, I have no problem with someone not singing the praises of the team.  I've said plenty of time, including that post, that I can understand why people would disagree and don't see them winning 10 games like I have said.  There are certain posters/trolls who intentionally try to draw me, and others offsides, and in the past they succeeded.  Which is why those posters are on ignore now.  You have not seen me getting in big debates or being overly defensive in this thread as much as past years.  

Like I said, me and Youdun have had many debates(like Vic and I), and it never goes that far.  Just actually agreeing with someone you just said is "just being comedic relief" shows that maybe he doesn't think Futurman is the "funny poster" that most other do.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

He usually is, you're absolutely correct, which is why I said so even in my post.  But him "white knighting" that idiot Futureman while taking shots is the only reason I even responded.  

BTW, I have no problem with someone not singing the praises of the team.  I've said plenty of time, including that post, that I can understand why people would disagree and don't see them winning 10 games like I have said.  There are certain posters/trolls who intentionally try to draw me, and others offsides, and in the past they succeeded.  Which is why those posters are on ignore now.  You have not seen me getting in big debates or being overly defensive in this thread as much as past years.  

Like I said, me and Youdun have had many debates(like Vic and I), and it never goes that far.  Just actually agreeing with someone you just said is "just being comedic relief" shows that maybe he doesn't think Futurman is the "funny poster" that most other do.

Lol Now I’m white knighting Futureman? Wtf does that even mean, Drew? Because i don’t think it means what you think it means. Just admit that you weren’t thinking when you foolishly made a comment about how the cowboys had a lot to overcome last year. Yeah, I singled that sentence out because i thought it was so over the top ridiculous. I would expect you to do the same to me if you thought something I said was just loud wrong. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

And another injury..... The OL is extremely problematic as we had the Frederick retirement before the season and no real attempt to backfill the position except for a late round pick, who will probably need a year or two to see if he pans out.  Additionally, we have an aging Tyronn and CW coming back from ACL surgery.  Now the secondary.  People (the media) always get their panties in a twist about this team's talent and vastly overrate it because of Jerrah's ability to play carnival barker, but in actuality, the team is very shallow at a number of positions.  OL, DT, LB and secondary being the most prevalent.  Add TE in there too.  Injuries suck but they happen, the concern is cascading injuries to one positional group which is happening to the OL and secondary now.

Make no mistake, this game suddenly will be a street fight.  Atlanta is probably as or more talented with the active roster.  Dallas is missing 3 of their 5 starting OL from last year and has another coming off major knee surgery, who was the weakest link regardless.  This is an ominous beginning.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And another injury..... The OL is extremely problematic as we had the Frederick retirement before the season and no real attempt to backfill the position except for a late round pick, who will probably need a year or two to see if he pans out.  Additionally, we have an aging Tyronn and CW coming back from ACL surgery.  Now the secondary.  People (the media) always get their panties in a twist about this team's talent and vastly overrate it because of Jerrah's ability to play carnival barker, but in actuality, the team is very shallow at a number of positions.  OL, DT, LB and secondary being the most prevalent.  Add TE in there too.  Injuries suck but they happen, the concern is cascading injuries to one positional group which is happening to the OL and secondary now.

Make no mistake, this game suddenly will be a street fight.  Atlanta is probably as or more talented with the active roster.  Dallas is missing 3 of their 5 starting OL from last year and has another coming off major knee surgery, who was the weakest link regardless.  This is an ominous beginning.

But this was the case before the season started. That’s why I never understood the unanimous top 5 rating that it seemed like we were getting from a lot of people that claim to know football really well. There were so many unknowns about this team going into the season and you’re counting on Dak and this offense to be an Aaron Rodgers like bandaid to cover up the holes. Now the oline starts dropping like flies, and suddenly you’re wondering if we can even keep up with Atlanta lol. Atlanta has better edge rushers than LAR. I can already see this game playing out where we either get the ball first and go 3 and out, or we blow a chance to score at the end of the half and Atlanta marches straight down the field to get a two score lead. 

38-34 Atlanta. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

But this was the case before the season started. That’s why I never understood the unanimous top 5 rating that it seemed like we were getting from a lot of people that claim to know football really well. There were so many unknowns about this team going into the season and you’re counting on Dak and this offense to be an Aaron Rodgers like bandaid to cover up the holes. Now the oline starts dropping like flies, and suddenly you’re wondering if we can even keep up with Atlanta lol. Atlanta has better edge rushers than LAR. I can already see this game playing out where we either get the ball first and go 3 and out, or we blow a chance to score at the end of the half and Atlanta marches straight down the field to get a two score lead. 

38-34 Atlanta. 

Well, the organization did a good (or bad) of hiding the severity of Collins injury, especially to non-beat media, and now you have a Smith injury.  Same with the Lewis injury in the secondary although he's probably going to play this week.  The rookie is going to have to be great and he looked good in his first game but he's still a rookie.  The HaHa cut was a major surprise and although it's probably because he's lost a step or two, it still was shocking. 

Overall, I agree, the team has always lacked sufficient depth at major positional groups.  It seems in years where we have fortunate injury luck and a non-first place schedule, we do well in the reg season. In years where injuries hit a major unit then we suffer.  That falls on McClay for not filling out the roster adequately and Garrett for not "coaching em up" enough.  But these are not small losses, these are huge holes in the team -- what team is going to be winning a lot without their starting OT's???  Without their 3 top OT's?  I'm sort of shocked we didn't sign Veldheer.  He's sort of a stiff but better than what we got at OT right now.

45 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Well, the organization did a good (or bad) of hiding the severity of Collins injury, especially to non-beat media, and now you have a Smith injury.  Same with the Lewis injury in the secondary although he's probably going to play this week.  The rookie is going to have to be great and he looked good in his first game but he's still a rookie.  The HaHa cut was a major surprise and although it's probably because he's lost a step or two, it still was shocking. 

Overall, I agree, the team has always lacked sufficient depth at major positional groups.  It seems in years where we have fortunate injury luck and a non-first place schedule, we do well in the reg season. In years where injuries hit a major unit then we suffer.  That falls on McClay for not filling out the roster adequately and Garrett for not "coaching em up" enough.  But these are not small losses, these are huge holes in the team -- what team is going to be winning a lot without their starting OT's???  Without their 3 top OT's?  I'm sort of shocked we didn't sign Veldheer.  He's sort of a stiff but better than what we got at OT right now.

It’s just funny how the well run organizations (and yes I’m including the eagles) seem to navigate this shit a lot better than we do. Mike Tomlin should’ve been unanimous coach of the year last year. Good organizations make it work and leave the excuses at the door. But we’ll have a laundry list of excuses for why our season got off to a rough start. I hate this fucking team. 

Also, I’m usually not “we paid this guy and now he stopped working hard” guy, but Jesus fucking Christ, Tank. He has to be better or we’re kinda fucked 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, not that this really matters, but you can put every dollar in your bank account on the fact that the eagles will win and cover against the Rams today. They’re just a better coached team. Jim Schwartz isn’t an idiot. He isn’t going to get fooled by 10 variations of a screen pass.

I'll take that $78 bet.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, not that this really matters, but you can put every dollar in your bank account on the fact that the eagles will win and cover against the Rams today. They’re just a better coached team. Jim Schwartz isn’t an idiot. He isn’t going to get fooled by 10 variations of a screen pass.

289F03D1-342D-476D-A3E3-E3678BC2E9F1.jpeg

changing your base defensive front is nearly always an expensive strategic error.  terrible decision.  Parcells did it, made Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen and Roy Williams liabilities.  Garrett did it, did the same to our best pass rusher ever / future HOFer and off went Ware b/c he couldn't play line at 240 lbs.   Now it'll be D-Law at minimum.  

41 minutes ago, anacardo said:

changing your base defensive front is nearly always an expensive strategic error.  terrible decision.  Parcells did it, made Dexter Coakley, La'Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen and Roy Williams liabilities.  Garrett did it, did the same to our best pass rusher ever / future HOFer and off went Ware b/c he couldn't play line at 240 lbs.   Now it'll be D-Law at minimum.  

Ware didn’t weigh 240 lbs.   lol

1 minute ago, anacardo said:

PFR lists him at 258.  My mistake.  Still had only 6 sacks his one year as a 4-3 DE and was off to Denver the next year.  I think it's the worst grand strategy move that NFL coaches make year after year without seeming to think much of the likely consequences.  

He was off to Denver because Jerry didn’t want to pay him $14mm.   He was also hurt much of that season when he had 6 sacks.  

Dak throws throws for over 400 and rushes for 3 himself. Overcomes 3 turnovers and a 20pt deficit. 19 at half. 15 with under 5 minutes to go. Missing 2 of the best 3 OL on this team. He was a magician the 2nd half. This game was all him. Not one ounce of help from the defense. They had a late sack and that's it. Dropped 2 picks. Made no timely plays. Their only real stop came with Atlanta trying to run the clock out and running generic plays.

And you really had people who honestly blamed the offense this game and thought the defense had no blame lmao. This defense is straight up ass juice. Zero playmakers out there and are so out of position constantly. 

I know the Dak haters were hurt seeing him play the way he did and lead us to the win. Maybe next week guys.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dak throws throws for over 400 and rushes for 3 himself. Overcomes 3 turnovers and a 20pt deficit. 19 at half. 15 with under 5 minutes to go. Missing 2 of the best 3 OL on this team. He was a magician the 2nd half. This game was all him. Not one ounce of help from the defense. They had a late sack and that's it. Dropped 2 picks. Made no timely plays. Their only real stop came with Atlanta trying to run the clock out and running generic plays.

And you really had people who honestly blamed the offense this game and thought the defense had no blame lmao. This defense is straight up ass juice. Zero playmakers out there and are so out of position constantly. 

I know the Dak haters were hurt seeing him play the way he did and lead us to the win. Maybe next week guys.

Agreed. I hope you find a nice thicc chola to celebrate with. 

• Hook 'Em 1