BYU @ Navy, 7PM, ESPN

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So what does a Navy cheerleader do when she graduates? Seems like a waste of time.

What does a lineman for the Service Academies do when finished with football? Pilot/Tanker is probably out due to size, right.

not all those that go even to Air Force become pilots and even fewer that go to Navy or Army would fly anything

I think Navy has size requirements for submarine service, but that is only a % of total ships and the cheerleaders are cadets just like the rest of the females in the academy that do not play sports

Edited by ButtFumble

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So what does a Navy cheerleader do when she graduates? Seems like a waste of time.

What does a lineman for the Service Academies do when finished with football? Pilot/Tanker is probably out due to size, right.

...becomes a Navy officer who had a fun college activity?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

That was critical info I could have used before I bet them. 

4 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This is going to be a Mormon blowout.

I have the under, so hopefully Navy can keep BYU to less than 48.5 points. 

Edited by Blotto

7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Damn that BYU schedule is dogshit

being independent you have to wonder if they will try and mix in a game or 2 or 3 in the spring if other teams play

UConn, UMass, if the MWC plays and the Big 10 of course was the first to say that BYU counts as a "P5" and the PAC 12 if they play loves to play BYU (except when they lose to them)

@ $750,000 to $1,000,000 per game from top programs BYU could pick up some ready cash

...becomes a Navy officer who had a fun college activity?

Just figured they wouldn’t be taken seriously since it’s kind of a useless activity. Especially in these changing times.

Or maybe I’m just biased. The couple I knew were airheads.

Worked ok for Chad Hennings

Didn’t know he was a pilot. Wasn’t he like 6’5?

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Just figured they wouldn’t be taken seriously since it’s kind of a useless activity. Especially in these changing times.

A 10 Thunderbolt combat pilot with three Super Bowl rings.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

This would make sense. My bad wasn't really thinking about it just heard it on the broadcast and typed it out. 

Mostly confirmed. It’s behind a paywall but the gist of it is the first few paragraphs.  

The games fell off BYU’s schedule, some in bunches and others one by one. Three against Pac-12 teams. Two against the Big Ten. A meeting with an SEC opponent in Missouri. Mountain West teams, too.

As the Cougars were losing 2020 opponents, Tom Holmoe was losing sleep.

BYU’s athletic director knew it was up to him to figure out whether he could salvage a fall football season. He would need his state and public health officials to OK it, of course, but no matter what, he needed to schedule games that could be played if possible.

The Cougars open their season Monday night at Navy, one of the opponents Holmoe added in a scramble to bring the new schedule to eight games total. Only two opponents from BYU’s original schedule remain: Houston and North Alabama, and the matchup with Houston had been flipped from a home game into a road trip. Holmoe likes to say he was down to one game that could be played as initially scheduled. Yet here are the...

https://theathletic.com/2048544/2020/09/07/byu-schedule-independent-tom-holmoe/

being independent you have to wonder if they will try and mix in a game or 2 or 3 in the spring if other teams play
UConn, UMass, if the MWC plays and the Big 10 of course was the first to say that BYU counts as a "P5" and the PAC 12 if they play loves to play BYU (except when they lose to them)

BYU hasn't beaten Washington or Utah since 2010, so your parenthetical is largely irrelevant, much like BYU's program has become.

They need to worry about beating USU.

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

BYU hasn't beaten Washington or Utah since 2010, so your parenthetical is largely irrelevant, much like BYU's program has become.

They need to worry about beating USU.

there is more than 2 teams in the PAC 12

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/how-has-byu-fared-against-the-pac-12/collection_0fa985a0-1699-548b-a138-de9abceacd90.html#6

Cal - 3-2

Washington State - 3-1

Oregon - 3-3

Oregon State - 5-6

Arizona - 11-12-1

and even Washington

Washington - 4-6

so BYU has been competitive over history with a large % of the PAC 12 and they knew it was going to take time to adjust to being independent and they are willing to take that time and make that investment

there is more than 2 teams in the PAC 12
https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/how-has-byu-fared-against-the-pac-12/collection_0fa985a0-1699-548b-a138-de9abceacd90.html#6

Cal - 3-2

Washington State - 3-1

Oregon - 3-3

Oregon State - 5-6

Arizona - 11-12-1

and even Washington

Washington - 4-6

so BYU has been competitive over history with a large % of the PAC 12 and they knew it was going to take time to adjust to being independent and they are willing to take that time and make that investment

Texas is also 3-8 against Vanderbilt if you're collecting irrelevant statstics.

32 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Cadets have a lot to do.  If they choose an extracurricular, it's that much tougher, even if the extracurricular is otherwise kind of frivolous.  It earns them respect.

• Like 1

Navy might need to run their other QB out there and see what he has

this QB is looking to make "the play" too much on his own and he is terrible at throwing the ball away and living to try again the next down

second and forever and third and extremely long is never going to work for Navy