GLOW - Netflix Series

scottonian

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m only two episodes in on Season 3, but it seems to (a) not be a comedy anymore, and (b) not have anything to do with wrestling anymore (except the first episode scene where they rehearse and actually make a point of showing how much they hate having to go through the motions of the wrestling part). 

This is a completely different show from Season 1.  Should I keep watching?

FYI- episode 3

On 8/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, RPM said:

Alison's tits are spectacular.

I loved season 1 and season 2 was decent, but this show feels like it's sputtering out with a whimper.  Agree with @longhornmatt's take.   And I don't know why but Allison Brie's ridiculous Russian accent has really become grating this season.  I'm not sure if they're doing a season 4, it kind of feels like they ended it expecting another season, but I think I'm tapping out on this show.

I'm portioning out the last episodes because we're loving this show. Somebody's observation above about it transitioning from comedy to more of a dramady is accurate. There is uneveness at times, but the scenes that score score big.

I've never cared for Maron, but he is great in this show. His brass tacks world view and manner of expression are excellent.

I hope they minimize Belle's screaming baby because I have no use for that in any show. There's nothing more generic than baby drama/comedy.

I could watch these women forever.

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I hope they minimize Belle's screaming baby because I have no use for that in any show. There's nothing more generic than baby drama/comedy.

Damn, that was a beating. I actually yelled "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" at the tv. 

4 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

when they switched the roles episode.. hahah i was laughing.. bash was like wtf?

fuck that loud ass baby.. 

Wolf Girl becoming Liza was pretty good. I was getting a strong Mary Ann vibe from Alison. nttawwt

19 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Is he leaving or just had other projects?

I didn't think he had a smaller role except the later episodes, but the story led to that. If anything it's probably other projects. He's become hot lately. He had 5 projects in 2019. S3 will probably have him rejoin the show after filming wraps on his daughter's film.

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Is this show worth the watch?  The wife and I watched ep 1.1 last night and enjoyed, but didn't know if it's worth the commitment.  

My dad keeps pushing us to watch Handmaids Tale instead. 

Your dad is a bastard and a poor human being if he chooses HT over Glow. 

11 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Is this show worth the watch?  The wife and I watched ep 1.1 last night and enjoyed, but didn't know if it's worth the commitment.  

My dad keeps pushing us to watch Handmaids Tale instead. 

The first season is for sure. 

My condolences on your dad being a cunt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season 3 and I'm slightly disappointed. I can't put my finger on why, because the first two seasons definitely had some character-building, but this season felt like they were scatter-shooting. It felt all over the place with random issues and new situations. 

I suppose that's what story-writing is, but this season it seemed forced. Like they were throwing shit at a wall. Hard to explain.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so we've been binging and like it so far.  We're about midway though season 2.

We have limited time for shows at the moment, so the 30 runtime is great.  It's also a lighter show than what we've been watching, which is refreshing and the music is good.

I can't put my finger on it, but I keep wanting Debbie to be more attractive.  She has all the right parts, but there's just something about her that doesn't do it for me. Must be a personality thing, also her face is pretty alienesque.