2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah this will be pretty bottom of the barrel tour stop this year but a win is a win.

yep, you get the trophy and the money spends the same and hey Berger played really well. Berger hitting those 3 shots on 18 after going OB yesterday was pretty special.

Jordan going over par on the first 7 holes on the weekend is just absolutely pathetic.

Glad to see Jordan rally late with birdies on #17 and #18 -- tie for 3rd.  Two stroke lead going into the final round, still gotta hit the ball off the tee a lot better to win.

Two Top 5's in the last two weeks is a sight for sore eyes -- glad Jordan has shown an ability to compete again!!! 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:37 PM, pops said:

Full field this week at riviera. He's listed as playing so I'm assuming he is. Will be interesting to see what he does. 

Yep. First big event of the year (unless you count the tournament of champions which I don't, really). Cantay staying hot at 4 under, DJ at 3 under. Most of the field either just teed off or hasn't yet. 

*Phoenix had a solid field, too. It's not Riviera though.

Edited by ztejas

21 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Just glancing at shot tracker, thru 10 holes, looks he's hit 5-6 fairways (and way wide on a couple) so better but still not where it should be

Was just looking at the same thing. And both right and left but I don't know if that was the proper miss on those holes. All in all a solid round so far, though. 

Riv's a beast. JT and Bryson look bad out there today. Morikawa having switched to the claw is worrisome to me. He is too young to be struggling like that with his putting.

YJS continues to be encouraging. He has scored on the scoring holes other than 11, and is keeping away from the big mistakes so far.

DJ is in maybe his best form ever. Brooksie is back to playing great, full of confidence coming off the win. Would be a great Sunday group at the top but i obviously want Jordan to win. Would be awesome to see him Spieth those 2.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Just 5 PGA top 10s - and none of them anywhere big. This guy is coming out of nowhere. It would be insane if he won this week.

This field and that course....I dont see any way it happens. But damn, he's playing his ass off right now. 

3 minutes ago, pops said:

This field and that course....I dont see any way it happens. But damn, he's playing his ass off right now. 

It's still golf. Weirder shit has happened. Daly won his first tour event at the PGA as an alternate. 

(not that I'm disagreeing with you)

And - it's looking like it may be one of those weird weeks. JT and Rory both looking like they're going to miss the cut. Dechambeau not faring much better. 

Edited by ztejas

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Jordan with a couple of birdies, at -5, T3.

Bogey on 18 to finish at -6 after today's round & currently in the top 5. His gam still has some warts, but if he puts together a 3rd straight competitive finish, I suspect his odds to win the Masters in April will start coming down. All futures bets are a crapshoot and I don't expect him to win, but I got 50-1 last Sunday and those odds were still there when I checked last night. As well as he plays Augusta, it was worth throwing $20 at it. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Idiots. They knew it would be windy and should have had the greens prepared for it. Would be awesome watching them play in this.

Grass isn't exactly growing fast this time of year. Not sure what the super is supposed to do to have it tour caliber Tues through Fri then flip a switch when the winds come in.