2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

Is there any site to make a bet that BDC will drive the 528 yard  (dogleg) par 5 6th hole at the Palmer Invite?
because you know he wants to  - - soooooo badly he wants to do this in competition
Par-5-6th-at-API.png

I don’t think it’s that extreme a bend

22 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I don’t think it’s that extreme a bend

22 minutes ago, Lurch said:

ae44500d4c72a0844ae9fc0752625ac3.jpg

Going off of satellite, and placing the tee box where it is in Wally's graphic - it seems right to me. 

20210304_092925.thumb.jpg.035979c130137e302f2cde4f9090aa8a.jpg

Edited by ztejas

24 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’ve played the hole many times and been to the tournament a lot. I think they said yesterday on golf channel it’s about 340 carry from tee to green and was playing into the wind yesterday. With the correct wind I bet he goes for it during the tournament at some point.

Makes sense. Using 340 as a diameter, the circumference would be 1068., 1/2 of which is 534 which is right at where the hole plays. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Bryson easy birdie today on 6 with a drive that carried 308 and cut off a lot of the water. On the tee box he pulled out an iron as a joke, then switched to the driver. He said if the wind is about 10mph downwind he will go for it.

He doesn't always make that joke but he checked with his caddy and the numbers were saying to go for it today.

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Makes sense. Using 340 as a diameter, the circumference would be 1068., 1/2 of which is 534 which is right at where the hole plays. 

yeah, but if he hits it in the water towards the green and doesn't make it past the ladies tee's does he have to play the rest of the round in his underwear?

6 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’ve played the hole many times and been to the tournament a lot. I think they said yesterday on golf channel it’s about 340 carry from tee to green and was playing into the wind yesterday. With the correct wind I bet he goes for it during the tournament at some point.

Just measured it on Google earth. I'm getting 336 to carry the rocks. No way into the wind, but maybe down wind. Problem is there is no bailout. It is 340 to carry just short of the green. 

I'm no bryson fan but it would be fun to see him try. Probably not going to happen if he's still near the lead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pops said:

Just measured it on Google earth. I'm getting 336 to carry the rocks. No way into the wind, but maybe down wind. Problem is there is no bailout. It is 340 to carry just short of the green. 

I'm no bryson fan but it would be fun to see him try. Probably not going to happen if he's still near the lead. 

I wonder if he tried it in the practice round.

14 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

he can carry it with the wind behind him 

Just now, ztejas said:

That he's won at one time?

Nice hole in one, BTW. 

If you’re going to act like a dumbass about this, just keep it moving. Find a better record by a player there since he’s been on tour. 2,1,2,11,3,21,46 are his finishes. Avg. Finish is 12th the last 7 years. So yeah, he’s fond of the place.