2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Not quite doing it. Still has 70 yards in. He had plenty to get there but right was clearly the place to miss. But God damn good on him for going for it in the tourney. 

Agreed. Kind of a douche, but entertaining as well.

5 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

If you’re going to act like a dumbass about this, just keep it moving. Find a better record by a player there since he’s been on tour. 2,1,2,11,3,21,46 are his finishes. Avg. Finish is 12th the last 7 years. So yeah, he’s fond of the place.

Winning at Augusta is fucking hard. I don't care what he finished 5, 6, 7 years ago. I'd like to see him close out a regular tour stop before calling him the favorite at the Masters which seems like what you're suggesting. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Winning at Augusta is fucking hard. I don't care what he finished 5, 6, 7 years ago. I'd like to see him close out a regular tour stop before calling him the favorite at the Masters which seems like what you're suggesting. 

I’m not suggesting anything other than he’s trending towards contending. With the way he putts there, if the rest of his game is halfway decent he’s among the favorites. 

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fun to watch but needs to hit the driver tomorrow more like he did yesterday. Can’t count on aces and 40 footers tomorrow. 

Agree... gotta hit the driver better, and his approach shots too.

(Jordan was off on a few iron shots on the back 9 today.)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hitting fairways at Augusta isn't as important because there really isn't a rough. While it would be good to see him win, he's put up low numbers at ANGC in recent years and he can do it again. Without a doubt he is one of the favorites in 2021.

17 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hitting fairways at Augusta isn't as important because there really isn't a rough. While it would be good to see him win, he's put up low numbers at ANGC in recent years and he can do it again. Without a doubt he is one of the favorites in 2021.

Yeah, Augusta is such a different type of course where feel and creativity often come more into play.   It tends to be more forgiving of Jordan's inaccuracy off the tee, and favor his talents in both the short game and putting on faster greens. 

It's interesting that several Masters Champions have never won any of the other Majors... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

With how he’s trending right now I don’t doubt he can be in contention going into Sunday at The Masters. Not convinced he can finish yet though. Plus he has some demons on 12 to deal with...

Yeah, don't forget Tiger on #12... Hit 3 shots in the water  😋

Edited by LTtxfan