2020-2021 PGA Tour thread

Wally Fairway

I attended the Saturday round of the US Open there. Walked the whole course following Deron Clarke and it was a blast:

The 2001 United States Open Championship was the 101st U.S. Open, held June 14–18 at Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The U.S. Open returned to Southern Hills for the first time since 1977. Retief Goosen won the first of his two U.S. Open titles in an 18-hole Monday playoff, two strokes ahead of runner-up Mark Brooks. The tournament was also notable for ending defending champion Tiger Woods' run of four consecutive major championship wins, the "Tiger Slam;" he finished seven strokes back in a tie for twelfth. Woods reclaimed the U.S. Open title the following year, and won the PGA Championship at Southern Hills in 2007.

2027 and 2034 PGA Championships will be at the new facility in Frisco.  Outside shot at a Ryder Cup in the 2040s.

The women have had the US Open in Texas twice:

1991 at Colonial

2020 at Champions

Bluejack doesn't have the space/infrastructure to host a Tour event, let alone a major.  Bluejack would be a perfect venue though for a reboot of Shell's Wonderful World of Golf.  Same with Whispering Pines, Cordillera Ranch, and some of the exclusive clubs in Dallas.

40 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Texas doesn’t have a great list of venues that are major worthy. Lots of people list Bluejack. A return to Champions seems like something the tour would do. Whispering Pines is obviously that type of track but I wonder about travel issues. A major in Texas would be awesome

except for the heat and humidity (if in Houston)

Whispering Pines would be a great spot for a PGA Championship (from a pure golf perspective, no idea about infrastructure requirements).

It would be nice, but it’s 1.5 hours from Houston. It’s in the middle of nowhere. Huntsville is fairly close but there only so many Hotel 6’s. The prison would make for a nice background story on the Golf Channel.

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

9:30am San Diego time - Jordan, Phil and Xander tee it up
Any expectations for Spieth? Interested to hear/see what he's been working on (hopefully something to eliminate the both ways miss off the tee)
My bar is pretty low, make the cut, no triples or quads (or worse), top 25 would be nice

5 birdies, 1 bogey through 17. Good to see. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Jordan has a nice round of 4 under going.  one hole left.  needs to finish strong.

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

5 birdies, 1 bogey through 17. Good to see. 

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Spieth at -4 through 17 with a par 5 for his last hole.  No big numbers on the card, 5 birdies and 1 bogey.

Can someone tell me how Spieth is doing?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ll go on record and say I won’t even root for that cheating fuck if he’s the deciding point in the Ryder Cup. 

He'd need to do some much more heinous shit besides occasionally cheating for me to cheer against him in a match that we need in the Ryder Cup. 

Not that I ever cheer for him to win on tour, but, the Ryder is a big deal...

39 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He'd need to do some much more heinous shit besides occasionally cheating for me to cheer against him in a match that we need in the Ryder Cup. 

Not that I ever cheer for him to win on tour, but, the Ryder is a big deal...

Have to disagree. No desire for that piece of shit to represent our country. Will want usa to win while he goes point free for the week. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Reed is fucking hilarious.  the ball was "embedded" because it was in deep wet rough.

IMO, you should never touch the ball in play unless a rules official allows it or you have already decided to take the penalty stroke/drop.

Reed "hey guys did you see it bounce?"  "hey,hey guys, I think my ball is embbeded did you see it bounce"

other players - "what, i don't know, maybe not, we're playing golf over here"

Reed "hey old lady tournament volunteer, the ball didn't bounce, right?"

intimidated old lady volunteer " I don't know, I don't think so"

Reed "Ok I am going to check to see if this ball in 3 inch rough broke ground"

the best is Reed pushing his finger into the ground twice when showing the tournament official where ball went in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Brandel is pissed about Reed palming the ball after he picked it off and knocking any debris off the ball, which would be a separate penalty.

Until he was granted relief by the official who had no choice but to agree with him because Reed had already moved the ball and made an indentation with his fingers and/or the ball. Then he was free to clean it. Would have been interesting if the official said no relief. 

Regardless. He's a cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/28/2021 at 7:50 AM, Wally Fairway said:

9:30am San Diego time - Jordan, Phil and Xander tee it up
Any expectations for Spieth? Interested to hear/see what he's been working on (hopefully something to eliminate the both ways miss off the tee)
My bar is pretty low, make the cut, no triples or quads (or worse), top 25 would be nice

he’s very close to turning the corner << thats my guess 

Edited by tx 3 putt

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Reed is fucking hilarious.  the ball was "embedded" because it was in deep wet rough.

IMO, you should never touch the ball in play unless a rules official allows it or you have already decided to take the penalty stroke/drop.

Reed "hey guys did you see it bounce?"  "hey,hey guys, I think my ball is embbeded did you see it bounce"

other players - "what, i don't know, maybe not, we're playing golf over here"

Reed "hey old lady tournament volunteer, the ball didn't bounce, right?"

intimidated old lady volunteer " I don't know, I don't think so"

Reed "Ok I am going to check to see if this ball in 3 inch rough broke ground"

the best is Reed pushing his finger into the ground twice when showing the tournament official where ball went in.

Or that he had already placed his ball where he wanted, before the official got there. Shit show all the way around, Reed and the officials.

Reed and the paragliding, I can do without today.