Taco Bell getting rid of Mexican Pizza - I am outraged

Baboontyme

I don't have Taco Cobana to fall back on here. Del Taco is somehow actually worse than Taco Bell. So this hits close to home.

I actually do love me a drunken Mexican Pizza every 5 or 6 months. And the only thing my kids like there are shredded chicken tacos/burritos. I guess we'll be eating more Arby's. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/business/taco-bell-new-menu/index.html

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Repeated for truth.  Bring back the Enchirito and watch all our society's problems disappear.

It's off the menu, but I think you can still get it.  At least that was the case the last time I made the questionable decision to hit a Taco Bell, which admittedly was many moons ago.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's off the menu, but I think you can still get it.  At least that was the case the last time I made the questionable decision to hit a Taco Bell, which admittedly was many moons ago.

I have weird food hangups so I don't eat a lot of these items (no white sauce ever, no creamy sauce, no liquid cheese etc) but yeah you can still get most of these items by ordering in a specific way. Google it. TB menu is highly customizable.

11 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

I'm gonna out myself as a taco bell patron every once in a while.  A version of the double-decker is back but instead of refried beans they use nacho cheese. 

I get Taco Bell during every Texas home game at Memorial Stadium, and that's really the only time in a year I do.

You can make a double decker taco with a bean burrito and a crispy beef taco wrapped inside it.  

11 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I guess I'll tell him.

Taco Cabana sucks now too....

When I moved to TX many moons ago, and visited a Cobono for the first time, and saw that they sold alcohol, my simple midwest brain basically exploded. Between that and a gas station that sold BBQ it was like I was on a different planet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

When I moved to TX many moons ago, and visited a Cobono for the first time, and saw that they sold alcohol, my simple midwest brain basically exploded. Between that and a gas station that sold BBQ it was like I was on a different planet. 

Texas-- it's like a whole 'nother country.

• Haha 1

How many combinations of stray animal ground meat, expired canned refried beans, and fake cheese can there be?

I think it’s Jim Gaffagan who has a bit about this. I think it’s a rube going into a Mexican restaurant asking “what’s in a taco?” “Tortilla, seasoned meat, cheese.” “Well, what’s in a burrito?” Etc etc

There’s a lot of truth to that especially in a shit “Mexican “ restaurant like Taco Bell. I keep predicting that they are going to run out of “new” menu items to make with the same 5 or so core ingredients. Adding Fritos and Dorito seasoning bought them a few years but that’s run it’s course.

14 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I remember when they introduced the Taco Bell gong on the screen during football games. Pissed me off so much I swore I'd never eat there again. But during every late night drunk walk back to my apt from the Hole in the Wall or the Showdown, I'd cave. Every fucking time I'd cave.

I used to do the same thing with Crystal's in E TN, but for different reasons.  Every time I'd decide to hit that shit place up at 1AM, I eat, get sick, then swear it off for eternity.  Guess where I was 2 weeks later after a late game?  Yep.  Rinse, repeat.

59 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Then I am wrong. The one that had the “lava sauce”. Orange spicy cheese sauce. Shit was hot. You could also add local sauce to any other item. 

It also came with spicy shell and pre-dates the Doritos shells. 

50332466576_e02c16e386_n.jpg

i may be confusing the 1995 volcano burrito with the 1993 wild tacos and burritos