Taco Bell getting rid of Mexican Pizza - I am outraged

Baboontyme

The one in our neighborhood abruptly closed down indefinitely the other day.  Couple times a year, we'd get those 10-12 taco party packs.  If we didn't live in a mexican food haven, we'd have probably hit it up a lot more.  But I think it's done for good by the looks of it.  

21 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm drunk and I just ordered Taco Bell (2 Mexican pizzas) from Door Dash. We need to cherish the Mexican Pizza while it still exists. Fuck the haters. I'm sure I won't regret this tomorrow. 

Update. I ordered $30 worth of Taco Bell last night. It cost me just south of $40 with tip. It arrived around 1:30 AM. I'm not sure I ate half of it. I did shit 3x this morning. Otherwise I felt ok (#TeamBidet). And the Mexican pizza (only ate one) was glorious. 

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

I was out on Taco Bell when I figured out they don’t use real beef in their tacos. Y’all should ashamed of yourselves. 

Must be hard to see the common ground from so high up on your high horse.  I pray you find peace.

What is "beef" anyway?  In some cultures, shredded duck assholes is considered a perfectly good substitute for "beef".

Edited by hookemATL
the new shredded duck asshole crunchwrap supreme is my new favorite
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

Got a Mexican Pizza for lunch Saturday. It slammed and went hard in the paint except for the fact that Mexican Pizzas back in the day also (inexplicably) had black olives.

Yeah, midwesterners seem to like to add black olives to any kind of mexican food

This makes me sad.  Taco Bell used to be decent quality for fast food.  The last several years their taco meat has been absolute crap.  Back in the day, it was good.  Whatever changes they made just made the meat inedible.

But they still had some good menu items, all of which they have now axed:  Tostada, shredded chicken burrito and the grilled steak soft tacos were my go-tos.  They are all gone now, so I will not be visiting Taco Bell ever again.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

This makes me sad.  Taco Bell used to be decent quality for fast food.  The last several years their taco meat has been absolute crap.  Back in the day, it was good.  Whatever changes they made just made the meat inedible.

But they still had some good menu items, all of which they have now axed:  Tostada, shredded chicken burrito and the grilled steak soft tacos were my go-tos.  They are all gone now, so I will not be visiting Taco Bell ever again.

taco bell chihuahua GIF by Fusion

submit...submit...submit

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Teenage son eats like a teenage boy, so, plenty of Taco Bell in his life.  Said boy has been in Germany the past year -- where there was no nearby Taco Bell.  Said boy is visiting Glasgow for a couple of days, checking out the university.  Said boy needed a mid-day snack:

98782d58342dc0d0f9848cd2d9c1ddda.jpg

He was quite pleased to discover a TB outpost there, and looks forward to many future bad nutritional decisions.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/20/2022 at 12:57 PM, Zepol87 said:

Nacho fries were pretty good, sucks those went away. Had a Mexican pizza yesterday, not like I remember but had to try it.

20220519_142355.jpg

4 hours ago, tx ind said:

IMG_2735.thumb.jpeg.ef7c361eb5238454b18af9b4ac11f9f9.jpeg

Tried one today and not good. Looked like a cross between both pics but mine didn't have tomatoes on top like they used to. Wasn't nearly as tasty as I remembered it being

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, speed817 said:

When are they gonna bring back the chili cheese burrito???

This was orderable off-menu for many years after the Chilito was removed from menus, but I think they finally got rid of the chili product.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:46 PM, Sam Lin said:

This was orderable off-menu for many years after the Chilito was removed from menus, but I think they finally got rid of the chili product.

isn't the chili cheese burrito just a beef burrito with extra sauce?