Taco Bell getting rid of Mexican Pizza - I am outraged

Baboontyme

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Is Taco Bueno still around? Always thought it was a solid step up from Taco Bell and Del Taco but haven't seen one in years. 

There are a lot of them in east Texas.  Definitely a step up from Bell.  I haven't had a Del Taco in ages.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, 6th Street said:

Is Taco Bueno still around? Always thought it was a solid step up from Taco Bell and Del Taco but haven't seen one in years. 

It is, and while it's still a step up from Bell. It's gone way down hill. I'm Taco Casa all the way now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

It is, and while it's still a step up from Bell. It's gone way down hill. I'm Taco Casa all the way now

This man speaks the truth.  If you are in your 40’s, and there is a Taco Casa in your vicinity, it is what Taco Cabana used to be when you were in college.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Nah, Casa was supposedly started by a former Bell employee back when their menu was still small. It is by far the best of the group though. Super burrito, taco, frijoles, side of spicy.

Cabana serves booze & is/was 24 hours, Casa don't do that.

Leave the booze/24/7 out of it.  It’s the best fast food Mexican at a good price point.  Rosa’s also hits the mark, although a little more expensive than Casa.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Their prices have risen significantly recently, but that’s everywhere. I’ve championed Casa on here for years. 

I first ate at a Taco Casa in the late 80’s while playing a junior high basketball tournament in Saginaw.  7 or so years ago one popped up at a Chevron near the house in North Dallas.  Looked it up and for a long time it was a west of dfw small town thing.  I guess the kids who inherited it got ambitious and are trying to conquer the state.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wasn't planning on ordering the Mexican Pizza the other day, and it's a good thing.  There was a sign at the drive thru that said they were "sold out."  Those are pretty basic ingredients.  How are they sold out?  Or is that how they keep it off the menu these days.

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I wasn't planning on ordering the Mexican Pizza the other day, and it's a good thing.  There was a sign at the drive thru that said they were "sold out."  Those are pretty basic ingredients.  How are they sold out?  Or is that how they keep it off the menu these days.

if the tostada is the same as in the crunchwrap, the only thing special for the mexican pizza is the box. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I’ve always been partial to the cheesy Gordita crunch when considering best fast food items of all time, and therefore it was always be my favorite and go to at Taco Bell. 

That said, the Steak Chile Verde fries I just had were absolutely perfect. Order with extra steak.  Fucking outstanding.