Fucking fires everywhere.

Gil Bang

California is much for wears than us up here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/live-updates-new-wildfire-called-santiam-fire-estimated-at-131000-acres-status-of-opal-creek-in-question/ar-BB18MRFL

Fire crews across northwest Oregon are battling extreme winds and historically challenging fire conditions as multiple wildfires spread into populated areas east of Salem and Eugene. 

https://www.nifc.gov/fireInfo/nfn.htm

A strong, wet cold front will move south from Alberta and Saskatchewan into the Northern Rockies and Wyoming by late afternoon bringing rain, high elevation snow, and noticeably cooler temperatures along with windy conditions. Wetting precipitation is expected with the front’s passage. To the west of the front across the Pacific Northwest and northern California, northerly pressure gradients will strengthen greatly during the late afternoon. This will lead to a north wind event across northern California overnight. Conditions along the West Coast in California and Oregon will remain hot, dry, and unstable, but not to the degree observed previous days as the high pressure ridge weakens and begins to retreat further to the west

2 minutes ago, OilChuck said:

Denver has been miserable the past month with all the fires going on in the state. The snow yesterday and today will hopefully knock down some of the smoke.

I thought it wouldn't bother me, growing up in Houston and the haze being chemicals, but damn.  I flew in on Monday and it looked like fucking Tattooine - red sun and brown everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I thought it wouldn't bother me, growing up in Houston and the haze being chemicals, but damn.  I flew in on Monday and it looked like fucking Tattooine - red sun and brown everywhere. 

I tried running in it last week, it was like running after smoking a pack.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Wait a minute, is the wind coming from the east???  That's not how it normally blows, correct?

Correct. Santa Ana (you bastard) Winds (high pressure over the Great Basin) causes the wind to blow East to West in Southern California.  Hot and Dry conditions = Red Flag warnings. 

3 hours ago, Txzen said:

Mid day in the Bay Area was like a hour before dusk - except not pretty. Thick marine layer and heavy smoke above it has given us a brown-orange DARK sky all day. There really aren't words to describe the feeling. 

link

View from inside my friend's front door in San Carlos.  Exact words were "this shit is dystopian".

IMG_1531.JPG

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1