Fucking fires everywhere.

Gil Bang

The Bobcat Fire is at almost 20,000 acres this morning. My oldest sent a text last night and said her allergies are something fierce right now. She doesn't usually have much in the way of that since moving out to Pasadena, but the drier air and smoke has her almost missing the Central Texas humidity. I hope they can make some progress on the fire today. The last news I saw said the estimate for containment was not until maybe October.

The Bobcat Fire is at almost 20,000 acres this morning. My oldest sent a text last night and said her allergies are something fierce right now. She doesn't usually have much in the way of that since moving out to Pasadena, but the drier air and smoke has her almost missing the Central Texas humidity. I hope they can make some progress on the fire today. The last news I saw said the estimate for containment was not until maybe October.

The smoke smell is MUCH stronger today.  But winds are light, so they are making progress on the southern flank, which is where the foothill communities are threatened.  Sunrise this morning.

4cdce859fc5dfee37f84daa5822df0d5.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Foosters said:

Smoke is thick today in LA.

My house smells like someone's burning wood chips in my kitchen.

I got your got damn ash on my car in Tustin.

I'd been a haze the past 2 days. Kinda nice since it WAS supposed to be in the 90s again, and now I can work in my garage without shweddy balls.

5 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Growing up in El Paso, I was used to the fires from Mexico, but it is pretty surreal seeing them come in. Here's the change in just 24 hours in Fort Collins.

Hope y'all on the west coast get a reprieve shortly. The smoke from these fires are absolutely miserable.

Cameron Peak went nuts over the holiday weekend.  I could see the smoke plume clearly from Grand County.  Looked like a nuke went off.

I'm going to attempt to spoiler tag this one, as it is a heart breaking one.  You've been warned.

Spoiler

This was from yesterday:

amlycjky33m51.jpg

This was from today:

8za6s1vwd7m51.jpg

LYONS, Ore. (KGW) -- A fast-moving fire in Lyons killed a 12-year-old boy and his grandmother, family confirmed.

12-year-old Wyatt Tofte was found dead with his dog. His family believes his grandmother, Peggy Mosso, was also killed by the fire. Her body has not been found. His mother suffered severe burns and is in critical condition.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I'm going to attempt to spoiler tag this one, as it is a heart breaking one.  You've been warned.

Hide contents

This was from yesterday:

amlycjky33m51.jpg

This was from today:

8za6s1vwd7m51.jpg

LYONS, Ore. (KGW) -- A fast-moving fire in Lyons killed a 12-year-old boy and his grandmother, family confirmed.

12-year-old Wyatt Tofte was found dead with his dog. His family believes his grandmother, Peggy Mosso, was also killed by the fire. Her body has not been found. His mother suffered severe burns and is in critical condition.

Fuck.

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Just arrested a guy in WA state (Puyallup) for intentionally setting fires along the HWY.  Jesus, how many others were started by people?

It's true...

200.gif

I had ash from that fire (i think) falling in Seattle a few days ago

edit- MC Fresh Breath 

fuck that's awful 😔

Edited by cam4mav

10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Where is that being said?

https://ktvz.com/news/fire-alert/2020/09/02/mapleton-man-arrested-on-arson-charge-in-wildfires-that-prompted-evacuations/

I will totally own any “fake news” aspect of my above post.  I saw an article that was updated the 9th and didn’t see it was originally  from the 2nd. It was in no way my intent to deceive or mislead.  I am unclear if the fire he is accused of starting is still part of the west coast shitshow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/2020/09/man-arrested-on-arson-allegation-in-wildfire-west-of-eugene-deputies-say.html%3foutputType=amp

Here is the updated article I am referring to.

Edited by Incredulity