lordy i hope there are tapes (woodward book/tapes)

hayden_horn

34 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i know, i know, ah! well. nevertheless,

/thread

Good effort though.  Seriously, this doesn't move the meter for me much.  I'm just fucking numb to it all.  This is at least the 10th thing that should have led to his resignation.  This won't be the one that finally does it.  Nothing will.  Nothing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

he did this with not just any journalist, he did it with the guy who helped bring down richard fucking nixon! and if you're old enough to remember (i'm not), or if you've studied watergate, what actually brought nixon down? it was the fucking tapes! and the president agreed to being taped by this reporter who wrote the fucking roadmap on how to take down a sitting president!

I would hope everyone on the politics board knows who Bob Woodward is.

But, alas, the goalposts for getting someone out of office have definitely shifted since Nixon. If they hadn't, he would have been out with the first impeachment. 

Obviously it could affect his bid for reelection, but do Trump voters even care about this shit? Are people in the middle going to be swayed by this? Probably not.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

why on earth would trump agree to do this? how could kellyanne conway allow this to happen? this has been ongoing from fucking february through july of this year, all through this pandemic. and trump was on the record, the whole fucking time. what did he think would happen?

Because nothing fucking matters. He'll gain in the polls again. They'll spin it as a "witchhunt." Tapes be damned. Lies don't matter. Libtears. This will improve his stock in the election. Because 'murica.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Thats all fine and all but I just googled ‘Bob Woodward’  and ‘retraction’.  There were hits!  I didn’t bother to read any of them but that proves Woodward is a liar and NOTHING he says about Trump can be trusted.  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm starting this as a new thread, because i think this is a much bigger story worthy of its own thread and not to get lost in the daily minutiae of donald trump's 2020 thread.

this is truly incredible.

the president sat down with a reporter, basically in an open ended unstructured type of discussion. he did this with not just any journalist, he did it with the guy who helped bring down richard fucking nixon! and if you're old enough to remember (i'm not), or if you've studied watergate, what actually brought nixon down? it was the fucking tapes! and the president agreed to being taped by this reporter who wrote the fucking roadmap on how to take down a sitting president!

why on earth would trump agree to do this? how could kellyanne conway allow this to happen? this has been ongoing from fucking february through july of this year, all through this pandemic. and trump was on the record, the whole fucking time. what did he think would happen?

i know, i know, ah! well. nevertheless,

his ego is so incredible, he thought he was doing himself a fucking favor by doing an interview with woodward.

he should resign over these admissions, on tape, no less, that he was basically deserting his duty as president and was fucking with the public health trust. but he won't. 

nevertheless, he should.

fucking hell. i mean, none of this surprises any of us, does it? but now the usual suspects cannot hide behind "unnamed sources" etc. the fucking president is there, saying it on the fucking tape. what a fucking egotistical moron.

https://apnews.com/c9f35842f7bb355be72842d15a8f7c02

Bob Woodward is a celebrity,

Game recognize game.

But yeah, he is completely regarded.

• Hook 'Em 1

Some of y'all seem not to grasp the cold hard truth of "nothing matters when you're dealing with a cult."  Grasp it.  It's what is killing us.

He could shoot a man in the face in the middle of 5th avenue.  That's not hyperbole, it's just the plain truth.  Imagine whatever you want -- he could rape a puppy on live TV, he could nuke the entire west coast, whatever -- none of it would matter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Already seeing "HE WAS JUST TRYING TO PREVENT PANIC" as some sort of a defense.

Look, if a bear is heading towards a school, I can be convinced that keeping everyone calm is a valid strategy.  But, during that period of calm, you need to fucking do things to prevent the impending attack.  If, while doing nothing to actually deter the bear, you just tell everyone that there are no bears coming, but even if one was coming bears are actually friendly and hey let's all go roll around in raw meat because seriously there's nothing to worry about and the only people worried about bear attacks hate our country...  well, when the bear makes its way inside, you made things worse you fucking idiot.

https://i.imgur.com/uzcmQF9.gifv

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Some of y'all seem not to grasp the cold hard truth of "nothing matters when you're dealing with a cult."  Grasp it.  It's what is killing us.

He could shoot a man in the face in the middle of 5th avenue.  That's not hyperbole, it's just the plain truth.  Imagine whatever you want -- he could rape a puppy on live TV, he could nuke the entire west coast, whatever -- none of it would matter.

At least the PM of Great Britain had to fuck a pig it made him sick to his stomach.  Wait.  That was an episode of Black Mirror.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There’s also the paradox of “if you keep saying nothing matters then in fact nothing will actually matter.”  

Things matter because people make them matter.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s also the paradox of “if you keep saying nothing matters then in fact nothing will actually matter.”  

Things matter because people make them matter.  

It ALL fucking matters....it just doesn't matter to his cult.  Anyone sane has known that he is a sick and evil piece of shit since well before he was elected.  But it doesn't matter because we have one failsafe, and that has been compromised by a criminal enterprise that has decided that we should no longer have any free and fair elections in the US.  We have to outvote them by tens of millions to overcome the criminal conspiracy.  Maybe we will.  But be ready for bloodshed.

we have one failsafe, and that has been compromised by a criminal enterprise that has decided that we should no longer have any free and fair elections in the US.  We have to outvote them by tens of millions to overcome the criminal conspiracy.  Maybe we will.  But be ready for bloodshed.

what the fuck did i just read... this is at least as unhinged as QAnon bullshit

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

John Kennedy on CNN right now: "these gotcha books don't interest me much. There'll be a new one out tomorrow."

Reporter: "but he had 18 interviews with Woodward. There are tapes. Doesn't that concern you?"

Kennedy: "These gotcha books don't interest me. We had a hurricane slamming down on us. The president got us everything we needed."

Edited by GhostOfTomJoad
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Trump team must be pulling their hair out. Most likely they didn't know Trump was talking to Woodward, and they definitely have no idea what was said. A reasonable person would surmise they could ask the President what he said. But they also know he doesn't recall or will lie to them. 

They, like us, will wait until Woodward shows us what Trump said. 

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Tribal politics. It's what is very present in India and it's the poison that has taken over the republican party. India. Where there are a select very few rich people and everyone else is shitting in the streets level poverty. 

Take a good look at India because that's where this USA train is full steam ahead towards. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Trump team must be pulling their hair out. Most likely they didn't know Trump was talking to Woodward, and they definitely have no idea what was said. A reasonable person would surmise they could ask the President what he said. But they also know he doesn't recall or will lie to them. 

They, like us, will wait until Woodward shows us what Trump said. 

They knew. They didn’t approve but Kush said it was okay.

• Hook 'Em 2

Why did he do it? Because his arrogance is only surpassed by his stupidity. Don't overthink it.

It's not 1974. Politics are different now. Trump could come out and say all of this is 100 percent true and that he was not only thinking of re-election chances over the well being of the nation, he specifically hoped the virus would decimate cities and states that vote democratic and stupidly believed it wouldn't spread from there... And he wouldn't lose a single vote.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the food will kick ass.

Yeah, but I gotta tell ya, I'm not super-looking forward to the "everyone shits in the street and the river," but hell, we're already at "fuck you, NOBODY TELLS ME WHAT TO DO, MAH FREEDOMS!", so I figure we're merely days away from a purposeful gathering of MAGAts to shit in the streets "to own the libs."  So, fuck it all.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Trump could come out and say all of this is 100 percent true and that he was not only thinking of re-election chances over the well being of the nation, he specifically didn't mind at all if the virus decimated cities and states that vote democratic and stupidly believed it wouldn't spread from three... And he wouldn't lose a single vote.

tenor.gif?itemid=12300644

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

/thread

Good effort though.  Seriously, this doesn't move the meter for me much.  I'm just fucking numb to it all.  This is at least the 10th thing that should have led to his resignation.  This won't be the one that finally does it.  Nothing will.  Nothing.

You are so right. This is what I wrote on the DT thread before I read yours:

With Trump there is just so much. “Losers and suckers”. Rape charges. Michael Cohen book. Mary Trump book. Now this with him on tape saying he downplayed the virus. It never ends. There’s so much that it all runs together and will be forgotten. Nothing sticks with him. 

If the American citizenry re-elect this treasonous, fat, orange fuck through whatever nefarious means republicans take (USPS malpractice, gerrymandering, 6 hour waits to vote for minorities, hanging chads, Supreme Court shenanigans, electoral college bs,  DOJ arresting opponents, conservative 33 year old moron judges) than our nation deserves whatever swift downfall we get. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If the American citizenry re-elect this treasonous, fat, orange fuck through whatever nefarious means republicans take (USPS malpractice, gerrymandering, 6 hour waits to vote for minorities, hanging chads, Supreme Court shenanigans, electoral college bs,  DOJ arresting opponents, conservative 33 year old moron judges) than our nation deserves whatever swift downfall we get. 

The American citizenry will most definitely not support his re-election. He is going to lose the popular vote bigly. 

Shithole states and an archaic, literally racist constitution will be why he gets re-elected.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

Me too. 

Kushner may not be the brightest bulb in the fixture...but he knows how to play his father-in-law.  he continues to paint Trump into corners from which he cannot emerge without the help of Jared and/or Ivanka.  Jared is nowhere near as stupid as Trump.  He knows by sending Trump into the fire for a several hours long interview with Woodward, that Trump would fuck himself over and paint himself into several corners.  After that happens, Jared convinces his FIL that once again, just like with a dozen other high-level/high-profile projects...he can get him out of this jam if trump just listens to his advice.  kushner sent him there knowing he'd fuck it up, because Jared wanted to play damage control and elevate himself in the eyes of his FIL leading into his eventual November defeat so he can truly run the post-presidency show.  Where the real money will be made. Jared actually played this one elegantly.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Kushner may not be the brightest bulb in the fixture...but he knows how to play his father-in-law.  he continues to paint Trump into corners from which he cannot emerge without the help of Jared and/or Ivanka.  Jared is nowhere near as stupid as Trump.  He knows by sending Trump into the fire for a several hours long interview with Woodward, that Trump would fuck himself over and paint himself into several corners.  After that happens, Jared convinces his FIL that once again, just like with a dozen other high-level/high-profile projects...he can get him out of this jam if trump just listens to his advice.  kushner sent him there knowing he'd fuck it up, because Jared wanted to play damage control and elevate himself in the eyes of his FIL leading into his eventual November defeat so he can truly run the post-presidency show.  Where the real money will be made. Jared actually played this one elegantly.  

Like he's playing 4-D chess?

• Hook 'Em 2