lordy i hope there are tapes (woodward book/tapes)

hayden_horn

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Like he's playing 4-D chess?

Nope, 1-D chess.  But against his Father in Law?  That's like a game of ancient Go layered on top of Chess while on peyote.  

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm starting this as a new thread, because i think this is a much bigger story worthy of its own thread and not to get lost in the daily minutiae of donald trump's 2020 thread.

this is truly incredible.

the president sat down with a reporter, basically in an open ended unstructured type of discussion. he did this with not just any journalist, he did it with the guy who helped bring down richard fucking nixon! and if you're old enough to remember (i'm not), or if you've studied watergate, what actually brought nixon down? it was the fucking tapes! and the president agreed to being taped by this reporter who wrote the fucking roadmap on how to take down a sitting president!

why on earth would trump agree to do this? how could kellyanne conway allow this to happen? this has been ongoing from fucking february through july of this year, all through this pandemic. and trump was on the record, the whole fucking time. what did he think would happen?

i know, i know, ah! well. nevertheless,

his ego is so incredible, he thought he was doing himself a fucking favor by doing an interview with woodward.

he should resign over these admissions, on tape, no less, that he was basically deserting his duty as president and was fucking with the public health trust. but he won't. 

nevertheless, he should.

fucking hell. i mean, none of this surprises any of us, does it? but now the usual suspects cannot hide behind "unnamed sources" etc. the fucking president is there, saying it on the fucking tape. what a fucking egotistical moron.

https://apnews.com/c9f35842f7bb355be72842d15a8f7c02

Boooring.   

In his next interview Trump is going to tell us all about how he nailed this really hot, really young chick. And his followers will be impressed.

There is no bottom with this guy.  

Edited by Bullneck

over the past couple years, i've made several comparisons between trump and my former boss.  some of the similarities are...unsettling.  their brains and severe npd and the way they revise truth in real-time is striking.  but this may be the most extreme example yet.

in 2006, a female reporter from the la times wanted to do a legit interview (he had done plenty of bullshit puff pieces and other nonsense, and they had gone great to poorly, but none of them really got to him).  we tried to get her to come do it at the office.  we begged.  he said no, she wanted to do it on the road, so that's what he wanted.  i was not scheduled to be on the road during this time. 

at the time, there were 2 people (i was one) that were thought capable of controlling this type of situation, either by keeping him chilled the fuck out, or by getting in the middle of it all and distracting the reporter.  he knew this, and wanted neither of us there.  like always, he thought he had the superior intellect, understood all forms of media, and just "knew" how to control a story and spin it to his advantage - that was "his genius", and we just "didn't get it".  this is just "what he does".  it's all "marketing".

we heard stories from those there.  it did not go well.  he came back and said very little about it.  then it came out.  a typically buzzing office of ~30 people fell silent for about 8-14 minutes while everyone read it.  it was a fucking disaster.  i got several calls and texts from friends and colleagues and whatever, most of them were like, "dude, why didn't you look after your boy" or "how could you guys let this happen?"

we were all looking at each other like, we fucking knew it.  we knew it would go like this.  but he did it to himself, so he'll take the blame.  

nope.

he ran around for a week blaming every one of us.  for what you might ask?  for letting him do it.  no fucking shit.

(if anyone gives a shit, the article is easy to find online, i haven't read it since 2006)

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

what the fuck did i just read... this is at least as unhinged as QAnon bullshit

I think you're wrong about that.  If this election is anywhere close to being stolen you're going to see riots that make all those we've had so far this year look tame.  

How did this happen?  Let me tell you exactly what happened.

Trump:  "Hey Kellyanne, there's this Bob Woodward guy that wants to interview me.  You know him or what he's all about?

Kellyanne, after dropping a glass disguised to look like it's just ice water but is straight vodka tries to collect herself and responds, "Mr. President, I really don't think that's a good idea."

Trump:  "Oh come on, in his request he said he really likes what we're doing with the country and he can guarantee we'll get a bump in the polls.  I should totally do this because what's the worst that could happen?  I'm Donald MF Trump, and I can play anyone like a fiddle."

Kellyanne:  "Mr. President, this is a really bad idea.  Does the term 'Deep Throat' ring a bell?"

Trump:  "Hell yes it does, let's get this party started tomorrow.  Hell, I'm going to give him at least 18 interviews if it means 18 blow jobs."

Kellyanne doing the math in her head - My government pension vests in late August, the book won't come out until at least mid September, I can be long gone by then.

Kellyanne:  "I'll make some calls, Mr. President."

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Trump:  "Hey Kellyanne, there's this Bob Woodward guy that wants to interview me.  You know him or what he's all about?

Kellyanne, after dropping a glass disguised to look like it's just ice water but is straight vodka tries to collect herself and responds, "Mr. President, I really don't think that's a good idea."

Trump:  "Oh come on, in his request he said he really likes what we're doing with the country and he can guarantee we'll get a bump in the polls.  I should totally do this because what's the worst that could happen?  I'm Donald MF Trump, and I can play anyone like a fiddle."

Kellyanne:  "Mr. President, this is a really bad idea.  Does the term 'Deep Throat' ring a bell?"

Trump:  "Hell yes it does, let's get this party started tomorrow.  Hell, I'm going to give him at least 18 interviews if it means 18 blow jobs."

Kellyanne doing the math in her head - My government pension vests in late August, the book won't come out until at least mid September, I can be long gone by then.

Jared:

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Its unsettling how true this depiction really is.

I've listened to some of the interview. All the focus on Trump misses the fact that Woodward is absolutely brilliant in his interview form.  He's so subtle in his questions, soft serving them as if he's talking to someone he actually agrees with.   It's a professional playing with a narcissistic dumbass.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

the part that will never be fully appreciated is that this is not a book about trump's handling of coronavirus.  the interviews started in december.  when trump was discussing it in feb, he knew certain things, but obviously had no idea it would balloon into this, because that's not how his brain works.  at the time, nothing he said was that controversial.  it was how he treated the public that was the problem.

woodward lucked into the timing and how well this tracked from impeachment -> covid -> election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

over the past couple years, i've made several comparisons between trump and my former boss.  some of the similarities are...unsettling.  their brains and severe npd and the way they revise truth in real-time is striking.  but this may be the most extreme example yet.
in 2006, a female reporter from the la times wanted to do a legit interview (he had done plenty of bullshit puff pieces and other nonsense, and they had gone great to poorly, but none of them really got to him).  we tried to get her to come do it at the office.  we begged.  he said no, she wanted to do it on the road, so that's what he wanted.  i was not scheduled to be on the road during this time. 
at the time, there were 2 people (i was one) that were thought capable of controlling this type of situation, either by keeping him chilled the fuck out, or by getting in the middle of it all and distracting the reporter.  he knew this, and wanted neither of us there.  like always, he thought he had the superior intellect, understood all forms of media, and just "knew" how to control a story and spin it to his advantage - that was "his genius", and we just "didn't get it".  this is just "what he does".  it's all "marketing".
we heard stories from those there.  it did not go well.  he came back and said very little about it.  then it came out.  a typically buzzing office of ~30 people fell silent for about 8-14 minutes while everyone read it.  it was a fucking disaster.  i got several calls and texts from friends and colleagues and whatever, most of them were like, "dude, why didn't you look after your boy" or "how could you guys let this happen?"
we were all looking at each other like, we fucking knew it.  we knew it would go like this.  but he did it to himself, so he'll take the blame.  
nope.
he ran around for a week blaming every one of us.  for what you might ask?  for letting him do it.  no fucking shit.

(if anyone gives a shit, the article is easy to find online, i haven't read it since 2006)

[mention]Ghost of LL [/mention] Sound familiar?

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the part that will never be fully appreciated is that this is not a book about trump's handling of coronavirus.  the interviews started in december.  when trump was discussing it in feb, he knew certain things, but obviously had no idea it would balloon into this, because that's not how his brain works.  at the time, nothing he said was that controversial.  it was how he treated the public that was the problem.

woodward lucked into the timing and how well this tracked from impeachment -> covid -> election.

It’s because HE DID NOT CARE.

Sorry for yelling.

26 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I've listened to some of the interview. All the focus on Trump misses the fact that Woodward is absolutely brilliant in his interview form.  He's so subtle in his questions, soft serving them as if he's talking to someone he actually agrees with.   It's a professional playing with a narcissistic dumbass.

yeah

note to self: do not talk to Bob Woodward. ever. about anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Bernstein just nailed it on CNN.  No President has ever used the lives of 200,000 citizens for his own political purposes, and the deliberate repression of the truth that he knew and admitted to Woodward is the greatest crime in American history.

We are currently living in a horror movie.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Bernstein just nailed it on CNN.  No President has ever used the lives of 200,000 citizens for his own political purposes, and the deliberate repression of the truth that he knew and admitted to Woodward is the greatest crime in American history.

Yet we’ll be talking about something else by Monday. It’s insane. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

this is how the above post is supposed to read - unable to edit:

Bernstein just nailed it on CNN.  No President has ever used the lives of 200,000 citizens for his own political purposes, and the deliberate repression of the truth about the airborn lethality of the virus that he knew and admitted to Woodward on 7 February is the greatest crime in American history.

Here’s what I don’t get. Handling this well would have won him the election. Just taking it seriously and showing that he didn’t want people to die might have won him the election. Just, not worth the effort I guess? We all knew in real time that the way he was handling it would only hurt him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

He’s a moron who put morons in charge and refused to listen to anyone or use a handbook that would have saved countless lives because it was put together by the Obama administration. Yeah, he could have avoided and won re-election easily it but remember, he’s a moron. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He’s a moron who put morons in charge and refused to listen to anyone or use a handbook that would have saved countless lives because it was put together by the Obama administration. Yeah, he could have avoided and won re-election easily it but remember, he’s a moron. 

If he had said nothing for six months but “Lets be smart about this. Social distance, avoid crowds, and wear masks and we’ll save countless lives. Now, I’m gonna let you hear from our experts now....” he’d be winning.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If he had said nothing for six months but “Lets be smart about this. Social distance, avoid crowds, and wear masks and we’ll save countless lives. Now, I’m gonna let you hear from our experts now....” he’d be winning.

and he could've made a campaign fortune on red maga masks. it's really strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

and he could've made a campaign fortune on red maga masks. it's really strange.

It only makes sense in light of what Loeffler-GA and Burr-NC, especially, were trying to pull with the stock market back in February, telling the public "no big deal" while warning insiders that it was. We've all long suspected that Trump was manipulating the markets for the benefit of him and his cronies through tweets, and this would fit that pattern. We're just peeling back another layer of Trump's fraud onion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not true at all.  Trump knew who Woodward was and tweeted about him years before taking office.

That was before dotard's brain decomposed into complete mush.  He done forgot who Woodward is, never heard of him.  May have met him once a long time ago, but he meets lots of people.  It's really not possible to keep 'em all straight.

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Here’s what I don’t get. Handling this well would have won him the election. Just taking it seriously and showing that he didn’t want people to die might have won him the election. Just, not worth the effort I guess? We all knew in real time that the way he was handling it would only hurt him.

He truly believed it would be contained to the dem states and only the dumb libtards would suffer.  If it stayed contained in NY, IL, CA he wouldn't have done even the little bit he has.

54 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He's not capable of caring about anyone but himself. It's more important to him to keep the good economy he inherited humming along and to get reelected. He's busy producing a reality tv show and he doesn't have time to deal with a reality that doesn't fit the plot of his play. He was never going to be able to manage a pandemic and he will never be able to manage it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He truly believed it would be contained to the dem states and only the dumb libtards would suffer.  If it stayed contained in NY, IL, CA he wouldn't have done even the little bit he has.

I don’t think he thought it’d be contained. He just thought he could control the headlines as he’s always been able to do with his bullshit and as long as it wasn’t on tv nobody would care about it.

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don’t think he thought it’d be contained. He just thought he could control the headlines as he’s always been able to do with his bullshit and as long as it wasn’t on tv nobody would care about it.

Did you forget this actually happened?

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Red Five said:

But he doesn't respect expertise. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and gets pissed off when people think someone else is smarter than he is. He thinks wearing a mask makes him look weak (and probably fears that it will smear his makeup which he wears everywhere, even on the golf course). 

Fauci got better ratings than Trump did so Trump sidelined him. Trump had his press secretary declare that we won't let science stand in the way of reopening the schools. At the RNC they spoke of the pandemic in the past tense. He doesn't know what to do so he goes with denial and just tries to message the problem away. That's all he knows how to do. He just declares reality to be whatever he wants it to be and he expects the suckers to buy it. It's always worked in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But he doesn't respect expertise. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and gets pissed off when people think someone else is smarter than he is. He thinks wearing a mask makes him look weak (and probably fears that it will smear his makeup which he wears everywhere, even on the golf course). 

Fauci got better ratings than Trump did so Trump sidelined him. Trump had his press secretary declare that we won't let science stand in the way of reopening the schools. At the RNC they spoke of the pandemic in the past tense. He doesn't know what to do so he goes with denial and just tries to message the problem away. That's all he knows how to do. He just declares reality to be whatever he wants it to be and he expects the suckers to buy it. It's always worked in the past. 

It’s not just that. Trump is merely a product of his surroundings, which is that stupid 20-21st centuries’ model of ultra-corporate capitalism. Those types are incapable of thinking in any other mindset than the short term. Shutting down an entire economy for so much as an hour, let alone multiple months (as other countries did), simply does not register with them. It’s the exact same reason those idiot protesters in Michigan and what not took to the streets that they were being mortally inconvenienced having not been able to get a haircut or go out to a restaurant for...a couple weeks!!! Short term short term short term!

• Hook 'Em 2

But that's what Obama would've done, and that's just unacceptable.

54 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He's not capable of caring about anyone but himself. It's more important to him to keep the good economy he inherited humming along and to get reelected. He's busy producing a reality tv show and he doesn't have time to deal with a reality that doesn't fit the plot of his play. He was never going to be able to manage a pandemic and he will never be able to manage it. 

All you say is true, though I'd add that he's not even interested in caring nor does he value it. Genuine caring is weak. Trump can awkwardly simulate caring but it's like a dog playing a piano. Anyone can tell the difference.

Leader of the Free World, ladies and gentlemen!

3 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

All you say is true, though I'd add that he's not even interested in caring nor does he value it. Genuine caring is weak. Trump can awkwardly simulate caring but it's like a dog playing a piano. Anyone can tell the difference.

Leader of the Free World, ladies and gentlemen!

He's a sociopath. I'll bet he can pass a lie detector test.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He doesn't care about actually winning an election, in reality, as opposed to cheating to "win" an election.  Hell, he's planning on "winning" the election through voter suppression, foreign interference, DOJ interference, and maybe some Russian hacking.

This is all he cares about: Grifting --https://www.businessinsider.com/billionaires-net-worth-increases-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-7

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this is how the above post is supposed to read - unable to edit:

Bernstein just nailed it on CNN.  No President has ever used the lives of 200,000 citizens for his own political purposes, and the deliberate repression of the truth about the airborn lethality of the virus that he knew and admitted to Woodward on 7 February is the greatest crime in American history.

so now are  you going to vote for Biden?

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

It’s not just that. Trump is merely a product of his surroundings, which is that stupid 20-21st centuries’ model of ultra-corporate capitalism. Those types are incapable of thinking in any other mindset than the short term. Shutting down an entire economy for so much as an hour, let alone multiple months (as other countries did), simply does not register with them. It’s the exact same reason those idiot protesters in Michigan and what not took to the streets that they were being mortally inconvenienced having not been able to get a haircut or go out to a restaurant for...a couple weeks!!! Short term short term short term!

Nah.  Trump is a product of runaway capitalism, but his own pathologies swallow everything else.  He doesn't really participate in the economy, it's all self-dealing and always has been.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1