Annual LHN Hate Thread 2020 edition

Eggo

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

I haven't watched LHN in well over a year now and am better off for it.

Go forth and do likewise gents.

The fuck is this. You sandy vadged motherfuckers need to learn to appreciate what you have. Who else gets to see every home baseball/basketball/volleyball game and never has PPV football games? Not to mention all the coach's shows, football practice and signing day coverage. It's easy as fuck to get a network dedicated to the school you're allegedly a fan of AND save money dumping shitty monopoly cable providers like AT&T or Spectrum. 

ActiveCoarseHyrax-size_restricted.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, B00M said:

The fuck is this. You sandy vadged motherfuckers need to learn to appreciate what you have. Who else gets to see every home baseball/basketball/volleyball game and never has PPV football games? Not to mention all the coach's shows, football practice and signing day coverage. It's easy as fuck to get a network dedicated to the school you're allegedly a fan of AND save money dumping shitty monopoly cable providers like AT&T or Spectrum. 

ActiveCoarseHyrax-size_restricted.gif

/thread

Texas: for a few dollars a month, you can watch hundreds of baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, and other sports games/matches that you wouldnt otherwise see. 

also, behind the scenes access, coaches shows, FNL reruns, championship specials, player stories, and your OWN version of College Gameday

Some jackass fans: nah, thats too rich for my blood. Im just gonna crap out and complain on the internet 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

/thread

Texas: for a few dollars a month, you can watch hundreds of baseball, basketball, volleyball, softball, and other sports games/matches that you wouldnt otherwise see. 

also, behind the scenes access, coaches shows, FNL reruns, championship specials, player stories, and your OWN version of College Gameday

Some jackass fans: nah, thats too rich for my blood. Im just gonna crap out and complain on the internet 

...and sponge off of my parents.

Interesting, I was thinking about getting ESPN+ just for the game this weekend, if I couldn't find a good stream. This would seem to indicate LHN is part of ESPN+. 
image.thumb.png.27d5eda7a4d2d8a15753056888ed03ca.png
Is that not the case? 

No. It’s fucking not the case. But they sure fucking make it seem like it is. I bought it for the sole purpose of getting LHN only to find out afterwards that I have to ALREADY have it. In what gotdamn world does that make sense? If you’re required to already have it, then it’s not part of the gotdamn package is it?!?
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Which sling package do you have to buy? I’m not seeing LHN on any of the regular packages or the sports addon.

I don't have Sling but here is what I found from a quick search:

LHN on Sling

It looks like your need Sling Orange ($30) plus the Sports Extra ($10).

Edited by TexasGary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Which sling package do you have to buy? I’m not seeing LHN on any of the regular packages or the sports addon.

Sling orange with $10 +Sports package. You can then log in to ESPN with your sling acct. sling does the first 3 days free, so if you want you can cancel and watch for free. It’s only $40 a month, so we’re probably keeping this for our Sept - Jan live streaming service ( Netflix, Hulu, and now Disney+ are the year rounds)

Edited by UT_OB1

Am I fucking crazy, or wasn’t LHN supposed to be available on regular Cable/dish/directv w/o any kind of sports pack (at least in tx)?  I used to have it on Direct but now they say it requires sports pack. Dumb. 

Edited by George

Lol, I have the exact same combo as the OP except I currently have Prime added on to all that...yet still had to sign up for a fucking Sling tv 3 day trial this morning.

I had Psvue this time last year and everything was peachy..Sling isnt bad by any means, but nowhere near the movie/tv show libraries of Hulu+ and Netflix combo..no way I'm sticking with it.

Can anyone with vidgo tell me: can you pause, rewind, and ff lhn?

I'm trying sling, and when I try to pause lhn, it says pause, rw, and ff are not available on this station. WTF is that?

I'm thinking about ditching my sling trial and going to vidgo, but only if it includes pause/rw/ff for LHN.

( and yes, I realize I could just sign up for a vidgo trial, but I am trying to save that option for later in the season if I can. I'll burn my trial now, however, if it allows me to pause the game.)

Can anyone with vidgo tell me: can you pause, rewind, and ff lhn?

I'm trying sling, and when I try to pause lhn, it says pause, rw, and ff are not available on this station. WTF is that?

I'm thinking about ditching my sling trial and going to vidgo, but only if it includes pause/rw/ff for LHN.

( and yes, I realize I could just sign up for a vidgo trial, but I am trying to save that option for later in the season if I can. I'll burn my trial now, however, if it allows me to pause the game.)

I figured it out. With sling, you can pause etc if you are watching a recording, even if it's in progress. So just press record, go to the recording, and watch from there.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I got my free trial of Vidgo this morning and took the LHN for a test drive. I could just see thousands of longhorn fans trying to sign up for free trials at 6:55 and crashing the system.

Vidgo keeps buffering, was thinking it was my shitty internet in the country...maybe not, lol

Watched with Sling. I’m fine paying $40/month just for LHN, but the stream sucked for me. Every few minutes it was like I was watching a game on a projection tv from the 80s. Is that common with Sling? Ethernet connection with google fiber so my internet isn’t the issue
I watched on sling and didn't have any problems. Google fiber, wi-fi to smart TV. This was my only experience with sling but it was good.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Watched with Sling. I’m fine paying $40/month just for LHN, but the stream sucked for me. Every few minutes it was like I was watching a game on a projection tv from the 80s. Is that common with Sling? Ethernet connection with google fiber so my internet isn’t the issue

Well it’s something on your end or your location because I watched the entire game with a perfect picture. Maybe try streaming it thru the ESPN app with your sling login

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

The audio quality for me with sling has been shit, so I always try to watch in the apps. NBCSN app for Hockey, ESPN for LHN etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1